PDA

View Full Version : The Vine with T.O. 1/17

kewlwhip
01-19-2009, 08:04 AM
Here we go with one of the fullest contest days i've seen at the Vine-

Hooked up with T.O. (uncleB) saturday in hopes of landing some trout, and possibly another winner for the salmanoid phenom patrol- Agreed to meet T.O. at the Vine at a certain time...got to the lake at 530, wow...ran into m&m, timster right away at the lines...i was sent to the back(lol) of the line, which was all the way in the storage parking..sweet, i can now catch some Z's lol.. By the time i made it in the gate, it was almost 630 hahahaha...got my gear, and headed to uncle b, who was in the water, ready to go-. Ran into alot of 57 members (sorry don't know all the names, but thanks for the compliments and more!) as i was walking down the launch ramp. With my gear in the S.P boat, we then launched out...wow, so many boats, and so many people...amazing, how filled the lake is...i think that was the fullest i've seen it in a longgg while. We got to the main thing and trolled...started out metering the trouties, so we were ready...we pulled out our arsenal (what a huuge arsenal btw), from dvl winners, to pvr, convict, crowley lure slayers...but we stuck to basics since most of the newbie trouts probably never saw such things! hah...

About 30mins into the troll, we get our first hookup, a nice chunky 2.5lbr...skunk off, time to play! Got to trolling again, but so much traffic, we had a few tailgaiters for a minute, but a quick shake of the troll/and more (thanks uncle B for those lessons hahahha) we were shaken free from them. Ran into TD, BingJR, Maverick-fam, rooster, team trolltoon, one toe, poxy out in the water during the day, and seemed to be having a tough day...by noon, we had 3 aboard and lots of hits and misses- (shy hits-big hits, no takers!) So I decided to take the S.P. into other territorys...by the story telling from striper runs, to pvr madness i was happy to have a day on the boat with uncle B as always...We ended the day with the 3 trout and headed up to the 57 parlee-

-the rest is history- What a Great 57 Event! To those who didn't make it, you missed out! Food galore, and prizes to make any unhappy fisherman happy! Wingnut you are the man, thanks brudda- we're gona slay it come striper bowl and more! Nice putting some of the faces to the names here on the FNN with the 57members that i met! One of the coolest things i saw was when matt duarte got a bad ***** lure from this guy (sorry 4got your name) and gave it up- sometimes fishing is giving...Thanks Uncle B-anyone who wants to catch fish, on any lake!... please get yourself on one of Trout Only Guide Services...fish and knowledge, one of the true ways...also TO will be doing tutorials soon at Bass Pro Shops- CONGRATULATIONS!!

anyways, till nextime

FISH ON!
-kewly

LateFisher
01-19-2009, 09:04 AM
Great report kewlwhip, see you at the striper bowl.

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Great to meet you on the water! You are right...what a great showing. The event was better than the fishing!!

kewlwhip
01-19-2009, 09:31 AM
Great report kewlwhip, see you at the striper bowl.
thanks, cool see ya there!

Great to meet you on the water! You are right...what a great showing. The event was better than the fishing!! :D equally true!

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 01:01 PM
Kewly is the COOLEST!
Always great to see you and having fun swapping fish stories with Uncle Bob. :Cool:

You and Bob will have to kill those Linesides without me at the Striper Bowl... Got the confirmation, I'll be out of town that weekend. :Wink: :Secret: :Cool:

Granny Fish
01-19-2009, 02:14 PM
Kewly, always great to see you. Glad you got on a few fish and had a good time.

olfishergal
01-19-2009, 03:03 PM
Kewly!!!! you and TO are amazing. Would love to fish with you guys sometime......OFG

Rooster
01-19-2009, 03:05 PM
Kewly, Glad i finally got to meet ya bro. Looking foward to seeing ya on the water soon. Sorry for tossing the broken rod at you and Bob early morning :ROFL: I was trying to make you guys laugh then i realized,, These guys dont even know me... :Shocked: Psycho Fisherman

one_leg
01-19-2009, 04:50 PM
Koolaidio N' bAWWWWb.......phenomNall.......:Big Grin:

I should troll more and talk less!!!

Friendly Kewl.

O_L

GdHkSet1
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Kewlwhip,
Nice talking about the good ol DV days with you and T.O on the docks, did not make it to the festivities, but by the look of the pictures it looked like a great time missed-oh well have to make the next FNN event. Spent most of the time on the water with the family this was our 1st trip to the VINE- so it was nice to be on new water and see "whats down there", anyway we left the lake on good intentions of coming back some time. Hope to see you at the striper bowl, bringing P-Wynn, the boyz of Hemet will be out in force....

Oh yea- Nice seeing Trooltoon and meeting Troutdog on the troll, see you guys again.

kewlwhip
01-20-2009, 12:01 AM
Kewly is the COOLEST!
Always great to see you and having fun swapping fish stories with Uncle Bob. :Cool:

You and Bob will have to kill those Linesides without me at the Striper Bowl... Got the confirmation, I'll be out of town that weekend. :Wink: :Secret: :Cool:

Art- only if i can match your striper slays with uncle B! :Cool: Someones gona be at that other bowl :Secret: Hey we were talking about that last DVL cntest we did last...remember those fatties poppin next to us-everytime i tell that story, people say "no way!"

Kewly, always great to see you. Glad you got on a few fish and had a good time. same to you GF, all you guys had a great setup the other day on shore-

Kewly!!!! you and TO are amazing. Would love to fish with you guys sometime......OFG Its all on TO, I try to follow his technics- :Wink:

Kewly, Glad i finally got to meet ya bro. Looking foward to seeing ya on the water soon. Sorry for tossing the broken rod at you and Bob early morning :ROFL: I was trying to make you guys laugh then i realized,, These guys dont even know me... :Shocked: Psycho Fisherman Rooster! hahah...no worries on that rod bud, I thought we had a super-break-bendo hit for a second! :Cool: -Was nice to meet you too, we'll see ya at the lake soon

Koolaidio N' bAWWWWb.......phenomNall.......:Big Grin:

I should troll more and talk less!!!

Friendly Kewl.

O_L

....uh what-:Cool: nice goin with you and GMoney! fish more

Kewlwhip,
Nice talking about the good ol DV days with you and T.O on the docks, did not make it to the festivities, but by the look of the pictures it looked like a great time missed-oh well have to make the next FNN event. Spent most of the time on the water with the family this was our 1st trip to the VINE- so it was nice to be on new water and see "whats down there", anyway we left the lake on good intentions of coming back some time. Hope to see you at the striper bowl, bringing P-Wynn, the boyz of Hemet will be out in force....

Oh yea- Nice seeing Trooltoon and meeting Troutdog on the troll, see you guys again. GdHkSet1- was nice seeing/meeting ya at the docks as well! Swappin stories about DVL days is always a good time- those "footballs" will be making a comeback soon enough...ive ran into a few "lurkers" that have landed some recently-eventhough the stripers have made a showing- You should return to the Vine...its a great local spot to get some fun lightline fighting trout.. yeah, striper bowl, see you guys
there!

troutdog
01-20-2009, 10:42 AM
Kewly it was great seeing you again, Sat and Sun fishing with Kewly?! Hard to beat that! Thanks for sharing all the fun, I'm sure I will be seeing you again very soon.

TD

kewlwhip
01-21-2009, 04:09 PM
:Cool: thanks for the drinks and more TD!

one_leg
01-21-2009, 04:20 PM
....uh what-:Cool: nice goin with you and GMoney! fish more

Thanks Kewly, if only the green boat had got that one on Saturday. Cha-Ching!!!

His PB fish and I was there to net it for him!!! GMONEY is a trolling fool.

It did everything it could to break him off too, and we did everything to prevent it.

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 04:37 PM
Where the hell are the pics?!:Evil::ROFL:

kewlwhip
01-21-2009, 05:55 PM
Thanks Kewly, if only the green boat had got that one on Saturday. Cha-Ching!!!

His PB fish and I was there to net it for him!!! GMONEY is a trolling fool.

It did everything it could to break him off too, and we did everything to prevent it.
yuup!!

Where the hell are the pics?!:Evil::ROFL: you took em all!! :ROFL:

Troutman65
01-21-2009, 07:26 PM
Brother Kewly, Your always smiling and laughing when I see you at the lake. :Cool: You & Bob will get them next time. Thanks for the report. You don't need no stinking pics :!!!::Wink:

kewlwhip
01-22-2009, 10:25 AM
no worries, thanks TM65- Anytime out fishing on the water is reason for smiles

heyyyyy, i gotta pic...

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/Vine2009weekend030.jpg
:Cool: