PDA

View Full Version : my first 57 event

matt duarte
01-18-2009, 09:19 PM
well guys this was my first team 57 event.. im sorry i couldnt make it eariler to fish with any of you.. my son had surgery friday to fix his reflux so ive been at the hosptial since than..hes doing good though and should be able to come home tomorrow..any way i had a chance to step away from the hopstial (choc) and headed to the vine, not really to fish but mailny to meet all you great people.. i got there late proly around 2:00

it was really nice to meet all you guys! DANA you and everyone who helped put on a great event. im sorry i didnt get a chance to shake your hand. Wingnut it was a pleasure meeting you ( oh and the raffle ticket i decided to give VG...it won haha just my luck)

anyway here are just a few of the random pictures i took...

everyone who caught a fish raise their hand
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics026.jpg
hitts puttin down the skills on the BBQ
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics027.jpg
number 1 of 2 winning a pole
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics028.jpg
steppin up to the plate
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics029.jpg
trolly being trolly
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics030.jpg
this was a accidental pic but i caught fishingdude420 thinking of what he wants to win
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics031.jpg
ok who the hell gave trolly a bazooka
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics032.jpg
another accidental pic but look who i caught haha
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics033.jpg
WHAT CAN I SAY THIS GUY IS EFFING AMAZING! HE WON A RAFFLE PRIZE THAT HAD THE BASSSTAR BAIT THROWN IN AND OUT OF NO WHERE HE GAVE IT TO ME! WHAT A AWESOME GUY HE ALSO GAVE A POLE TO A LIL GIRL THAT WAS THERE...THANK YOU..YOU WILL DEFENTLY BE THE FIRST TO KNOW WHEN THIS THING CATCHES A HAWG!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Chereespics034.jpg

well it was defently nice meeting all of you guys, i had a blast even though i was only able to be there for a few hours.. hopefully nect time ill be able to fish with all of you..

Mondo21
01-18-2009, 09:29 PM
Matt,
Glad you had a good time out there. Hope your son all the best. I cancelled my surgery this month just to be at this event. My surgery is now for next month.
Nice pics and thanks for the report. Cindy:Big Grin:

Rooster
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Props on getting out there even if it was just a few hours. Hope your son gets well soon. Hope 2 cya out there bassin it up soon

Troutman65
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Hey Matt. Nice to meet you & glad you could make the event. The guy who won the raffle prize is HBJapo. This was his first Team 57 event too. He is a cool cat for sure. Hope you son gets better. See you at the next event.

fishindude420
01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Nice report man! nice to see you out there. Hope your kid gets well soon. How the heck did you manage to get a pic of me like that? lol i look like i wanna win bad, hahahaahha. We gotta go hit up a lake soon and catch some pigs on swimmies! good lookin out that day man :)

Santa Fe Eric
01-18-2009, 10:21 PM
Matt,
Cool Meeting you and VG!

Santa Fe

matt duarte
01-18-2009, 10:57 PM
thanks guys i defently had a blast for the time i was able to be out there. it was great meeting all of you. no worries FD420 you know i got you..haha just got more:)

Judder73
01-18-2009, 11:13 PM
Great Report!!!!....Hope your sons feels better soon..That was my daughter that received that fishing rod from HBJAPO .....VERY NICE .....Good Luck

one_leg
01-18-2009, 11:40 PM
Matt, it was a pleasure seeing you there.

I am glad that you were able to take a couple minutes to come out and say hello. I hope that paying us all a visit enabled you to relax a little bit and relieve some of the stress that comes along with having someome you love in the hospital. I hope that your sons stay at CHOC results in a favorable outcome. See ya at the next one and I hope that you get to fish then.

kewlwhip
01-19-2009, 07:47 AM
niicee.. that was pretty cool when the dude gave you that lure- too bad we couldn't test the swim patterns that afternoon- all good- hope your kid does better in the coming days...see you guys out in the water! FD420 lol-

LateFisher
01-19-2009, 08:55 AM
Matt great report, sorry i didn't get the chance to personally meet you, and i'm sorry to hear of your sons illness. I will put him in my prayers, and wish him a speedy recovery !!!!!

HBJapo
01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Hey Matt,

Great to meet you. Thanks to everyone, you all made my 1st event a BLAST! I knew that you all were very cool and you all lived up to that! I can't wait for the next event! Next time I want to fish with some of you.

Japo :Envious:

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Matt, sorry I dodnt shake your hand while you were there. It was nice seein ya though. i know how it feels to have the kiddies sick. I hope for the best for you and your son!

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 10:41 AM
Matt, really nice to meet you man. Looked like you guys were having a blast at the event and hope to see you at the next one. :Cool: :Big Grin:

matt duarte
01-19-2009, 11:06 AM
thanks guys! Ya there was a lot of people that i didnt get to shake hands with and for that im sorry defently good to see everyone though.. As for my boy hes doin well and back to his self again..were hoping the dr. Will release him to go home today!! Living in riverside and driving to oc everyday is not fun when theres traffic lol... Wingnut why wasnt wingnut pug there? Im sure trolly would of love to make a name tag for him haha

JAPO YOU ARE THE MAN! I LOVE YOU BRO! HAHA thanks again for that bait ill make sure i put it to good use!

HBJapo
01-19-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks Matt, you are one helluva guy and it was my pleasure to meet you and give you that lure.

See you soon!

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 01:07 PM
Wingnut why wasnt wingnut pug there? Im sure trolly would of love to make a name tag for him haha

Wingnut Pug will make an appearance at the Team 57 Surf Event in June. :Wink: :Big Grin: See ya there Matt. :Cool:

Zombie Bass ATTACK
01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
Nice to meet you matt we need to start some zombie stuff on your arm! lets fish sometime me you and FD420.. Nice meeting you japo your a great guy and super nice!! thanks for the compliments on my art!! really appreciate it !! nice meeting you MAVERICK healthy looking twins you got there!!.. WINGNUT thanks for the shirts hope you liked the self portrait!!! see you in june!! or before maybe:Big Grin:

ZBA

Granny Fish
01-19-2009, 02:09 PM
Matt, glad you had a chance to come by. You will have time to fish with us next time. Cool pictures :Cool: Hope your son is doing well.

olfishergal
01-19-2009, 03:08 PM
Matt, glad I got to say Hello to you. Look forward to seeing you at the next event, with your son......OFG

Fisherman57
01-19-2009, 07:04 PM
Hey there Matt!

I saw ya a couple times at the event but never had the opportunity to say hi! Thanks for coming out!

Great set of pics and good report, hope we see ya at the next one!

DCCTrouserTrout
01-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Looks like fun bro. We need to do some fly fishing soon...

Hitts0n
01-19-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice to finally meet you !!:Cool:

matt duarte
01-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Nice to meet you matt we need to start some zombie stuff on your arm! lets fish sometime me you and FD420.. Nice meeting you japo your a great guy and super nice!! thanks for the compliments on my art!! really appreciate it !! nice meeting you MAVERICK healthy looking twins you got there!!.. WINGNUT thanks for the shirts hope you liked the self portrait!!! see you in june!! or before maybe:Big Grin:

ZBA
it was nice to meet you to dude, im down for some art for sure! defently need to get some time on the water..TJ just rented a skiff at nph we all should get 2 boats and go kill it!

Matt, glad you had a chance to come by. You will have time to fish with us next time. Cool pictures :Cool: Hope your son is doing well.
thank you my son is doing just fine HE CAME HOME TODAY!!!!!!

Matt, glad I got to say Hello to you. Look forward to seeing you at the next event, with your son......OFG
nice meeting you to defently will have the kid and the lil woman out there with me next time!

Hey there Matt!

I saw ya a couple times at the event but never had the opportunity to say hi! Thanks for coming out!

Great set of pics and good report, hope we see ya at the next one!

thanks dana! ya i saw you i wanted to say hi but you looked like a busy guy..you did a awesome job on this event i was real happy i was able to make it out for the time i did everyone was awesome! thank you

Looks like fun bro. We need to do some fly fishing soon...
maybe this weekend! sunday i have my kid saturday while the wife goes to work and does hair doos

Nice to finally meet you !!:Cool:
defently a pleasure my man! awesome bbq skills you were tearing it up! now if only you could fish that good...haha that was not cool bro im sorry haha just messin with ya dude glad to meet you we will defently have to get on some fish soon! i ned to learn the hittsology of fishin haha !

HBJapo
01-20-2009, 09:10 AM

ZBA

Thanks ZBA, you are da man!!

troutdog
01-20-2009, 10:19 AM
The legendary "MD" nice to finally meet you, glad you had some time to join in on the fun....all the best to you and your son in 2009.

TD

Dan_the_Man
01-20-2009, 10:20 AM
Matt -
First I must say good health to your son. Second it was great meeting you and I look forward to many more events we can fish together with your son there.

Manny
01-20-2009, 07:25 PM
Hey Matt,
I also was lucky enough to win one of those bass lures, problem is most of my gear is for trout and cats. Maybe you can tell me what you use to throw that bad boy. Just try not to confuse like everyone did with poor lilmystery when he bought his first swimbait setup.:ROFL: Anyhow, It was nice meeting you and chatting about Jurupa. Maybe I'll see you out there sometime.