PDA

View Full Version : Good weekend at the Vine

KaliDawgFan
01-18-2009, 09:09 PM
I woke up way early Saturday morning and headed to the Vine for what I expected to be a crowded day, and little do I know just how packed it was going to be. I arrived at a tad before 2 am and was about 15 cars back in one of the first two lines. The cars just kept coming in a steady stream. I tried to catch a few more ZZZ's before they opened to gate, but you all know how that is. A little after 5 am I headed up to the front gate and ran into a few FNN members. I chatted with the one and only TO for a while, and Koshaw showed up and shot the breeze for a bit as well. By the time Nick got to the gate there was a large mob of people waiting to get in. As soon as it opened some people started running so I did too. Why? I don't know. It sounded fun at the time. Saw a lot of people up at the bait shop. I met up with Fishstix and shared a boat for the day. What are the chances of getting boat #57? I'm sure I could figure it out if I wanted to...just don't feel like doing math right now.

http://i294.photobucket.com/albums/mm103/OCDawgFan/GEDC0135.jpg

Anyway, we loaded up and headed out. There were a lot of boat out. We started trolling, weaving in and out of the boats. Along the way we saw more FNNers, some in boats and some on the shore. Fishstix was able to land two trout on the troll. I got nil. After a while we decided to bait and wait for a bit. We found a spot in the flats without any shore anglers and through out our offerings. I landed two trout on powermouse, and Fishstix caught one dropshotting a Lip Ripper I believe. It started getting hot so we decided to troll a bit more. Neither of us got anything this time around, so we stopped at a promising spot and anchored down. I got one more rainbow on powermouse, and Fishstix finished off his limit dropshotting. He also landed his PB trout. After that I was ready to go in. Once we got the motor started we b-lined it back to the dock. It was fun fishing with you James. We definately have to do that again.

After Irvine's raffle everyone headed over to the Team 57 tents. Over there I saw a lot of familiar people and a few I haven't met yet. HBJapo was one of them. It was cool finally putting a face to all of those reports. I finally met Steve, aka flynby. I've read so many posts about NBH slaying but never met the guy. Of course the usual suspects were there. In all it was a good day.

Sunday morning I woke up early and thought, why the hell not. Got to the lake at around 5 am and was second to the last car in line 1. Went up to the bait shop and ran into Hitts, 2qwik and doctor hook. They had the same idea I did about where to fish. When I finally got over to the spot there was plenty of shoreline. Chrissy (spelling?) and Garrett were there, as were Timster, Dr Hook and Omar. I was a hot bite early on, but there was a lot of brush out there that we got snagged up on. After a little while Trollmeister pulls up with Hitts and bullets aboard. Bullets jumps off to join us while Trollie and Hitts take off to go slay 'em. By this time the bite slowed down...for everyone except Garrett. Every time someone turned around his bobber was dancing, and if he didn't get a bite on something for a while he'd switch up baits/colors without anyone suggesting it. Troutdog showed up fashionably late as usual. Apparently there was a sale at Judy's he just couldn't pass up or something. GThe G-fish clan also made a cameo. The bite was pretty slow but picked back up towards the end of the day. I managed to land just two. I didn't keep track of everyone else, but I think they all did better than me. I lost count how many Garrett caught. It was fun just kicking back with everyone. Thanks again for lunch Chrissy! It was awesome as usual.

Mr Bendo
01-18-2009, 09:22 PM
Nice work out there!! I did not want to deal with the crowds, so next friday I'll be out!

Rooster
01-18-2009, 09:30 PM
Boat 57... gotta love it.. Nice report there Kali. I have no idea how i missed you again. Someday i will meet ya bro. Hope 2 cya out there soon.

Mondo21
01-18-2009, 09:55 PM
Another good day out at the Vine. Love the 57 boat. Garrett is an awsome Angler,I got to witness his skills last week. Good job out there Kali. Chrissy is an awesome cook also. See you on the water. Cindy:Big Grin:

Troutman65
01-18-2009, 10:05 PM
Great report Ryan. Your going to get your DD trout soon. I feel it.:Big Grin: See you at the lake

Santa Fe Eric
01-18-2009, 10:20 PM
Great Report Kali!
It was great seeing you as always! #57 boat -- that is cool!

Peace!
SFE

Judder73
01-18-2009, 10:44 PM
SWEET REPORT cool picture...Hope to see you on the lake soon !!!!!!!

FISHSTIX
01-19-2009, 10:14 AM
It was nice fishing with you on saturday Ryan, youre a cool dude! We did some damage and put some blood on that boat. I had to run after the raffle when I got a phone call from my girl "reminding me" :Angry: that I promised to go with her to a reception at 5 and it was really important so she didnt want me flaking:Rolls Eyes:.....she knows me tooo well:Twisted:. Glad you did good on sunday as well. Good report and pic represnting that 57 boat:LOL::Cool:

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice to see you again Ryan... cool chatting with ya for a bit, see you at the next event. :Cool: :Big Grin:

Granny Fish
01-19-2009, 04:11 PM
Ryan - Good to see you and glad you had a great weekend at The Vine.

Fisherman57
01-19-2009, 06:47 PM
That boat photo is TOO cool Ryan !
Thanks for sharing that!

Thanks also for making the raffle delivery for Steve & I... much appreciated.

Good to see you at the event, sounds like a great weekend overall!

Dana

troutdog
01-20-2009, 11:32 AM
Good seeing you out there Kali....you and FishStix looked very determined on the troll out there. Good to hear you guy put some blood in the boat...Sunday was fun hanging with all the Team57 member back in the flats. GOOD TIMES for sure!

TD