PDA

View Full Version : laguna lake report 1-18-09 with pics

lilmystery246
01-18-2009, 07:31 PM
got there around 7 am just me and my mom at first. we set the rods up and casted. on my other rod i used a rapala original minnow. 3rd cast FISH ON! nice lmb it was black maybe a black bass??? well we continued the day. at around 4:30 i told my mom to call my dad to see if he wanted to come. the reason he stayed home is because he had to fix the car and also because he was kinda dissapointed because of irvine's snags. but he didnt give up as soon as my mom called him he said yea. so my mom went to pick him up and he brought nightcrawlers i bought from irvine and thats when the real action began....... i set him up with nightcrawlers and not 5 seconds past and he got a small catfish =] fought hard for his size. we were getting so many bites that we were having fun just watching the bobber sink in the water when they bit =] its a good place to take your kids and family =]... well ALL fish were released safe and gently. we caught 2 tilapia, 1 bluegill , 3 bass and 1 lost , 3 trout , and 2 small catfish =] we didnt take pics of all of the fish because my phone uncharged and i had no camera =[ well it wass a very good day and im going tommorow =] if you go make sure you say hi.

first fish of the day
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/1232293898796.jpg

second fish hookjaw
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/1232297304191.jpg

3rd fish
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/1232303397460.jpg

forth fish
http://i179.photobucket.com/albums/w297/LILMYSTERY246/1232327045283.jpg

AND THE REST WAS WHEN MY PHONE DIED =[

Rooster
01-18-2009, 09:57 PM
Thats one hell of a day out there. Triple threat gotta love it. Try the very North end as well. Ya might end up with a homerun. Lip Ripperz can be deadly there as well. GL tomm.

Ifishtoolittle
01-18-2009, 10:14 PM
cool report man thanks for sharing!

BassFreak
01-18-2009, 11:01 PM
Good job out there!!

Just a little reminder if your ever back in that lake again, you can only use 1 rod/pole per person in that place. keep up the good work..

lilmystery246
01-18-2009, 11:47 PM
Good job out there!!

Just a little reminder if your ever back in that lake again, you can only use 1 rod/pole per person in that place. keep up the good work..

Yea i know thats why we have the second rod stamp!

one_leg
01-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Yea i know thats why we have the second rod stamp!

Even with the stamp you cannot use two rods, right Rooster?

Nice job on the fish from the duckpoo pond.

2 fish limit also.

lilmystery246
01-19-2009, 12:44 AM

2 fish limit also.

oh well the dfg guy didnt say anything... i relesed all of them :Smile:

BassFreak
01-19-2009, 04:51 AM
oh well the dfg guy didnt say anything... i relesed all of them :Smile:

Just looking out for you bud, for some reason that lake has its own "city rules", you can read it on the signs posted all over the lake. The DFG guy probably didnt want to hassle someone as young as you and I agree, much of the law is open to interpretation by the officers that enforce them. just to be on the safe side though, it would be prudent to research the local regulations for where you are fishing. you never know when the "DFG guy" is having a bad day adn looking to take it out on someone..

lilmystery246
01-19-2009, 05:09 AM
Just looking out for you bud, for some reason that lake has its own "city rules", you can read it on the signs posted all over the lake. The DFG guy probably didnt want to hassle someone as young as you and I agree, much of the law is open to interpretation by the officers that enforce them. just to be on the safe side though, it would be prudent to research the local regulations for where you are fishing. you never know when the "DFG guy" is having a bad day adn looking to take it out on someone..

yea well im about to leave to laguna ill make sure i use 1 rod =]

92yj
01-19-2009, 03:36 PM
Good job out there!!

1 rod? well if that's true then there is a big problem out there. people use 3 or 4 of them and also take 10 fish stringers home. i have never see a dfg officer out there, too bad. i also see a lot of a$$es out there without licenses. why doesn't the dfg go out there when everyone is there? i am just saying
good luck and good bless.

Rooster
01-19-2009, 05:23 PM

2 fish limit also.

I personally only throw lures so 1 rod is all that i bring. But i have never heard of that rule. I always was told your good with 2 as long as you have the stamp.
Duckpoo pond is La Mairada, Guess you havent been in years Alan. They really cleaned the place up. Check it out ya might be suprised.

smokinflies
01-19-2009, 06:52 PM
Great job out there lilmystery.

one_leg
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Rob, I was there about 3 weeks ago. It is still in need of some cleansing IMHO.

Lil'M, So long as you release them healthy and strong I am glad that you had a great time there.

DCCTrouserTrout
01-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Good job getting on some fish... Do you ever get skunked bro??? It seems like you are always catching them....

Rooster
01-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Rob, I was there about 3 weeks ago. It is still in need of some cleansing IMHO.

Lil'M, So long as you release them healthy and strong I am glad that you had a great time there.
Well thx for the invite :Rolls Eyes: So how did ya do anyways?

Dr. MindBendo
01-19-2009, 10:51 PM
Nice job again lil buddy.

lilmystery246
01-20-2009, 08:01 PM
thanks everyone =]

DEADROOTS
01-21-2009, 09:11 AM
Stick to school lil buddy! It will take you to greater places in life:!!!:
The more you know in life, the better off you will be.

one_leg
01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Well thx for the invite :Rolls Eyes: So how did ya do anyways?

You were working!!! I didn't catch a damned thing. The cormorants must have had their fill already.

chivo
01-21-2009, 11:40 AM
you did good man. Hey maybe next time smile, your fishing. j/k man, great job.

Bradakas
01-21-2009, 01:47 PM
Stick to school lil buddy! It will take you to grater places in life:!!!:
The more you know in life, the better off you will be.

+1 but there's always time for fishing :Envious:

TimmayWOOHOO
02-06-2009, 07:53 PM
You can use two rods at laguna if you've got the sticker. I got rolled up on by DFG at laguna on tuesday because I didn't have my license with me. I use two rods and he told me to make sure I have a second rod stamp (I do) if I'm gonna do that. So straight from the DFG guy's mouth, you can use two rods if you've got the sticker. And the limit there is two fish, same species, different species, doesn't matter, but two fish total. BUT DON'T KEEP ANY just because you can. That's why the lake dies a week after it gets stocked.

chivo
02-07-2009, 07:11 AM
your killin them at lake parks.