PDA

View Full Version : Who's hitting the E.Sierras In May?

smokinflies
01-18-2009, 07:01 PM
I'm planning on heading up to the E.Sierras with Team Trucha on the first weekend of May. We were gonna get a cabin at Convict, but they're all booked up, so we're planning to stay at Silver Lake (June Lake Loop) instead.

Just wondering who else here on FNN is planning to head up to the E.Sierras around that time? And where are you planning to stay?

I can't wait!!!

fndaway66
01-18-2009, 07:44 PM
I usually hike into Kirman the second weekend after the opener.

Joshua
01-19-2009, 08:37 PM
I usually head up for the Memorial Weekend. I get there on Tuesday and leave on Saturday. Dont care for the big crowds. I stay at Bishop Creek Lodge or Creekside RV park. Both are on the Bishop South Fork. I like this area because you have 4 lakes (Intake II is lake-ish) and miles of creeks at your front door. And it is a realtively short drive to Convict, Rock Creek, Crowley or Mammoth. Driving in the Sierras is a pleasure anyhow. I have seen awesome sites while driving.

smokinflies
01-20-2009, 08:43 PM
Damn it!!! All the cabins at Silver Lake are booked up too:Angry:.

Back to Convict Lake.

tpfishnfool
01-22-2009, 06:51 AM
Gull lake lodge ..

lalo56
01-22-2009, 07:03 AM
Will be there in June....

Astrolux
01-22-2009, 08:20 PM
Ill be up there for the opener at crowley. I cant wait to hit the creeks, convict, and the owens this year. I didnt get to spend much time up there last year. But this year is gonna be a good year.

Sandman
02-01-2009, 09:09 PM
I'll be there May 2-4, and again May 16-17. First trip is for fishing, second will be for a wedding at the Double Eagle. Going to be tight on time but I'm betting I'll be able to wet a line. It'll be like Grumpy Old Men when they almost miss the wedding!!!
If things are full try Fern Creek Lodge between Gull and Silver. Neat little place.
Sandman

billy b
02-02-2009, 07:07 AM
of the Sierras

Been good for a couple or anniversaries. And I get my wife to fish with me.

And, of course, the Carson Peak Inn for steaks. Did that on our honeymoon and 30 openers.

Koshaw
02-03-2009, 11:19 AM
I am going to be up there May 23-26

=)

And June 18-22 =^^=

MAN VS WILD
02-05-2009, 09:31 AM
There is a place called "Whispering Pines" it's between June Lake and Silver Lake. It's perfect for the fisherman that's looking for a basic place. It has a kitchen so you can take your own food. Cable tv and continental breakfast every morning. Plus they have a jacuzzi and spa perfect after a long day of fishing. The owner is really cool and even gave us some local hot spots to hit up. It's only about 15-20 min from Convict Lake and 30min from Bridgeport. To top it off your only 5 minutes from the "Tiger Bar" in June Lake. They have a special on their web page that's called "Name your own price". Last year we went the week before Memorial day and payed $50 a night.

www.discoveringwhisperingpines.com or
http://www.junelake.com/

Fish On!!!

smokinflies
02-06-2009, 01:23 AM
I'll be there May 2-4, and again May 16-17. First trip is for fishing, second will be for a wedding at the Double Eagle. Going to be tight on time but I'm betting I'll be able to wet a line. It'll be like Grumpy Old Men when they almost miss the wedding!!!
If things are full try Fern Creek Lodge between Gull and Silver. Neat little place.
Sandman

We decided on renting two trailers from Adventure in Camping, and will be staying at convict.

Sandman, where are you gonna be at on that first weekend of may?

JESSEJAMES
02-06-2009, 06:35 PM
i usually go to convict every year for a week with my friends... missed it last year but will definately be heading up this year... inlet here i come!

billy b
02-07-2009, 07:07 AM
kinda miss it.

Sandman
02-07-2009, 10:38 AM
I'll be at June for both trips. Be staying at my buddies cabin first trip and at Fern Creek Lodge the second. Fish June most of the time. Probably hit up Gull too. Can't wait
Sandman

smokinflies
02-07-2009, 11:03 AM
I'll be at June for both trips. Be staying at my buddies cabin first trip and at Fern Creek Lodge the second. Fish June most of the time. Probably hit up Gull too. Can't wait
Sandman

never fished june gull or grant just silver. found out the best way to fish silver is by boat or tube around the inlet area.

BassMasterson
02-07-2009, 12:08 PM
^^^---thats a pic of my trout in the back of convict lake! Me and Jesse James might be up in convict around that time, but we'll be Way to plastered to go anywhere! haha... If that is where you are staying though, it is always a blast to hit up the hot springs at night, right across the 395.

BigGameHunter
02-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I'm planning on heading up to the E.Sierras with Team Trucha on the first weekend of May. We were gonna get a cabin at Convict, but they're all booked up, so we're planning to stay at Silver Lake (June Lake Loop) instead.

Just wondering who else here on FNN is planning to head up to the E.Sierras around that time? And where are you planning to stay?

I can't wait!!!

I usually head up for the opener then leave the following Tuesday. Try staying in one of the condo's overlooking Gull Lake. They are nice and alot cheaper than Convict Cabins. The family stayed in a Convict Cabin for a night last year and regreted not going to June Loop for a bigger condo for less. The only good thing is Convict's Jetty at about 6pm... MAN I can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BGH

BigGameHunter
02-10-2009, 11:23 PM
I usually hike into Kirman the second weekend after the opener.

fndaway please tell me the stories about Kirman are true about the footballs that get pulled out of there!!!! I googled that place and it seems like about 2 miles in.. Is it an easy trek in? I want to take my boys(8,5) for an overnighter there!!

Is it primarily a tubing lake or is it accessable from shore?

Thanks,
BGH

Eat Sleep Fish
02-11-2009, 05:38 PM
2nd week of may, let the opener excitement/crowds die a bit first.

flytyingreloader
02-13-2009, 04:42 PM
This year's goal is to fish the Sierras twice monthly May-October, now that we live a lot closer than last year. We moved to Ridgecrest in mid-July '08, which kinda messed up the fishing schedule more than mildly. None of that drag this year--IT'S ON.

I'm also going to shift gears a bit, away from smaller waters and onto larger lakes. Launch ramps at some Sierra lakes don't fit 17' boats very well.

Koshaw
02-14-2009, 08:31 AM
I am going to try the Sierras in May, June and OCT this year whoohoooo!!!!!!!!!

May 23-28, June 17-23

:D

fndaway66
02-15-2009, 06:50 PM
fndaway please tell me the stories about Kirman are true about the footballs that get pulled out of there!!!! I googled that place and it seems like about 2 miles in.. Is it an easy trek in? I want to take my boys(8,5) for an overnighter there!!

Is it primarily a tubing lake or is it accessable from shore?

Thanks,
BGH

BGH yes the stories are true. Check your pm's.
http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i265/fndaway66/kirman027.jpg

Sandman
02-16-2009, 01:50 AM
Nice Cutty. I've got to make the trek in there sometime. Heard about limited shoreline opportunity there though. too shallow in the accessable areas?
sandman

fishing_addict
02-16-2009, 10:35 AM
I'm looking at getting up there and hitting up the Owens and PVR sometime in April, as well as another trip or two further up after the opener.

Trout-Tuna-For.Me
02-27-2009, 07:44 AM
Bridgeport area for me for a 3 day weekend May 16-18 staying at the Walker River Lodge with a group of about 12 guys. Should be fun, many of the guys either work for or own wineries in Napa ;)