PDA

View Full Version : Lookin for Smallmouth

SOUTHPAWSTICK
01-18-2009, 06:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone can give me a general area to fish for smallmouth in Diamond Valley. I have caught Largemouth and trout but I am lookin for my favorite game fish, smallmouth. Any ideas or suggestions would be great.

Team Santana
01-18-2009, 07:16 PM
Worms, plastics, I have caught some nice ones outta there 3-5 lbers. One i was drop shotting a purple 3x finnesse worm, and the other on a drop shot 6 inch senko (watermelon w/red flake0, wacky rigged.
I try and work it as slow as possible in 20-25 ft. of water off of points.
Granted, you will probably end up with more largemouh than small mouth, and light line, i use 6lb for the d/s senko and 4lb for the d/s finnesse worm.
Its all in the person though. I love the drop shot

fishntime
01-18-2009, 08:27 PM
Ive caught all my smallies out of DVL, on small plastics such as Ikas, and robos. Most of which were caught by the east dam. Hope this helps.

Ambassadorhawg
01-19-2009, 05:08 PM
ANYWHERE on the lake with rocky rip rap. Caught 'em all over the place there in that type of structure.

Got 'em on plastics and reactionbaits.

RamboBoy
01-19-2009, 05:52 PM
get a rent boat and go to saddle dam there is lot of small mouth bass there. But lot of s.m.b. in every where shoreline in at least 10 feet.

chivo
01-21-2009, 04:21 PM
While were on the subject of smallmouth's, How's the population of smallies at DVL???? I know there in the lake but i wasn't sure how many there are.

SOUTHPAWSTICK
01-21-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for the advise. I am going to rent a boat in a couple weeeks and try to find those smallies. I'm not sure what the population is, but I know they are there. I know you have to release them no matter the size.