PDA

View Full Version : Yucaipa strikes again

mhughes55
01-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Got to Yucaipa at around 6 to find out that the lake was not stocked on its normal day thru. but as we were sitting in line i see the Mt lassen stocking truck pulling up, after talking to the driver he told because of the delay they were going to stock an extra 250 pounds of trophy fish. So 30 mins in im Jiging a orange power worm and bendo! I fought the fish for about 15 Mins and finally get him to the net it was around 5 pounds and the first big fish of the morning was on the stringer. all of my buddys are hooking up about every cast. So i re tie my Jig and the very next cast i hook into another big one after a nice fight i get him to the net and he weighed just over 8 pounds. It was the best day of fishing Ive ever had at Yucaipa. when the day was over we had 7 fish over 5 pounds and countless smaller one's that were released to be caught another day.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee65/mhughes55/meandjames.jpg

Here fishy fishy...
01-18-2009, 02:27 PM
Wow nice catch man!
This was off the shore or in a boat?

DccFISHerMan
01-18-2009, 02:54 PM
Those are some nice quality fish right there!

DCCTrouserTrout
01-18-2009, 02:59 PM
Poor fish didn't get to swim around in open water for more than a couple hours... ha ha Those are some big trout

LIZARDKING1
01-18-2009, 09:37 PM
Great pics!It never ceases to amaze me how fish dumped out of a truck can be caught within minutes or even an hour.You can virtually pick out the big one and cast right into its mouth.