PDA

View Full Version : First '09 at the Vine, including a triple hook up!

Sue
01-18-2009, 11:18 AM
Wow, what an awesome day. Gator has the pictures on his camera, so I'll get Kaitlin to put them up later.

Got the the 'Vine around 6.45 with Gator and Kaitlin (KT). The parking lot was full of cars still waiting to get in and we were in the 1st line of the second go round.
Then had to wait in line another 20 minutes to launch the boat. I have never seen it that crowded there!
Finally got on the water around 8am, and headed over to the west shore to bait and wait a while. None of us got anything, so after an hour or so we rigged our poles and trolled our way around to the flats.
Headed into the back of the flats and after a few minutes Gator got hit! As he was reeling in, both KT and I also got hit. TRIPLE HOOKUP!!!!!!!!! :ROFL:
KT netted Gators fish, Gator netted mine, but sadly, KT lost hers.

2 minutes after re-casting, she gets hit again. BAM! Fish on! Landed a nice one. Within half an hour, both of them caught another one :Big Grin: Great going from my two most favourite people!

Eventually the bite died down - we all farmed a few :Embarrassed: so we headed back to the launch ramp to get in line to bring the boat in.

Headed up to the tackle shop and said hello to a million people. In the raffle I won a Pheonix T-shirt. Woo. Go me.!

Went down to the Team57 area and gossiped with old friends......Tammy, Mike, Chris, One_Fin, Patrick, BingJR, PoxyBoggards, Omar, Cindy, Armando, and met new ones - Maverick and his wife and the twins!!! Twins rule! Always. (Yeah, being a twin I'm a bit biased!).
Also met HBJapo, IrishCamel, and a whole bunch of other people.
It was really good to see Terry out there today, too!

Dana - the event was another awesome one! Thank you for everything you do for us.

Oz
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
triple hook ups are always good :Cool: wtg on your day on the water.

bruce watson
01-18-2009, 12:50 PM
I got to the lake on Friday afternoon/evening to make sure I was in the front of the line. Turned out I was third. OFG came in the morning and joined me. Launched the boat by 6:30 and made a steep, brushy area in the flats our first stop since no one was or could fish that spot for a couple hundred yards, we pulled to about a hundred feet from shore and cast in. We both had double hook-ups a couple of times and had a few nice fish in the boat by 7:30. Two guys worked their way down the brush about 50 yards from us when they saw how well we were doing. We told them what we were using and soon they were getting hook-ups too. Later, when the patrol boat came by, we were told that we would have to move to over 150 feet from shore. We pointed out that the the shore was straight up and down and no one was fishing there. The guys that were on shore about 50 yards from us yelled to the patrol boat that they didn't mind us. Still, rules are rules and we had to move 150 feet from shore. The rules that are enforced in this situation should be applied all over the lake. If we are made to move 150 feet from an area that can't be fished from shore. Than why do they allow fishing in Sierra cove, where all the shoreline is within 150 feet.

Anyway, it was a great day of fishing. with limits to 2 1/2 pounds. We got to the picnic around 1pm and I cooked my smoked chicken. It was all gone in 1/2 an hour. We all had a great time sitting around and chit-chatiing with everyone. It was a nice turn out, the food was great, and I can't believe how many raffle prizes there was.

Here comes another rant. Near the end of the drawing, we were told to move our vehicles that were double parked on one side of the road, because we were blocking traffic. So, Chris, myself and others had to leave the picnic and move our cars. To the other side of the road which was empty. Now I spent 9 years in college, and admit that I never took any advanced physics classes. But, if two cars are double parked on one side of a road, and you move one to the other side of the road, how does that widen a road?

All in all, it was a great day at Irvine lake. They seem to be listening to the fishermen. The way that they planted the fish sure seem to have spread them out over the lake. I talked to people who fished everywhere and they all had some degree of luck.

Mondo21
01-18-2009, 12:57 PM
I got to the lake on Friday afternoon/evening to make sure I was in the front of the line. Turned out I was third. OFG came in the morning and joined me. Launched the boat by 6:30 and made a steep, brushy area in the flats our first stop since no one was or could fish that spot for a couple hundred yards, we pulled to about a hundred feet from shore and cast in. We both had double hook-ups a couple of times and had a few nice fish in the boat by 7:30. Two guys worked their way down the brush about 50 yards from us when they saw how well we were doing. We told them what we were using and soon they were getting hook-ups too. Later, when the patrol boat came by, we were told that we would have to move to over 150 feet from shore. We pointed out that the the shore was straight up and down and no one was fishing there. The guys that were on shore about 50 yards from us yelled to the patrol boat that they didn't mind us. Still, rules are rules and we had to move 150 feet from shore. The rules that are enforced in this situation should be applied all over the lake. If we are made to move 150 feet from an area that can't be fished from shore. Than why do they allow fishing in Sierra cove, where all the shoreline is within 150 feet.

Anyway, it was a great day of fishing. with limits to 2 1/2 pounds. We got to the picnic around 1pm and I cooked my smoked chicken. It was all gone in 1/2 an hour. We all had a great time sitting around and chit-chatiing with everyone. It was a nice turn out, the food was great, and I can't believe how many raffle prizes there was.

Here comes another rant. Near the end of the drawing, we were told to move our vehicles that were double parked on one side of the road, because we were blocking traffic. So, Chris, myself and others had to leave the picnic and move our cars. To the other side of the road which was empty. Now I spent 9 years in college, and admit that I never took any advanced physics classes. But, if two cars are double parked on one side of a road, and you move one to the other side of the road, how does that widen a road?

All in all, it was a great day at Irvine lake. They seem to be listening to the fishermen. The way that they planted the fish sure seem to have spread them out over the lake. I talked to people who fished everywhere and they all had some degree of luck.

So that was you Bruce that Security was taking to. I was fishing the flats also. They said people were complaining about the boaters being to close to shore. He asked you to move out 150 feet,I think? Nice boat Bruce.

bruce watson
01-18-2009, 01:04 PM
Cindy, we weren't in front of you. We were about 300 yards down. I did notice a couple of boats down near you. We kept an eye on you guys with our binocs.

DCCTrouserTrout
01-18-2009, 02:36 PM
Wow, a triple hook up. 2 out of 3 isn't bad considering all the chaos going on in the boat during that period of time...

Mondo21
01-18-2009, 02:41 PM
Cindy, we weren't in front of you. We were about 300 yards down. I did notice a couple of boats down near you. We kept an eye on you guys with our binocs.

Good to know I had someone watching over me. Hope to see you all soon. :Big Grin:

diamondbear
01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
TRIPLE HOOKUP , Now thats fishing , lol I thought you were going to say you were a triplet , ha TWINS DO RULE as Iam a twin also [ sister ] . Did you get your triple on the troll or baiting ? thanks for the report . // db

Troutman65
01-18-2009, 06:44 PM
Nice report Sue. Always is nice to see you at the lake fishing. Hope you get a DD trout this year .

Santa Fe Eric
01-18-2009, 10:38 PM
Triple hook up! Very Cool!

Good seeing you!

Eric

one_leg
01-19-2009, 12:22 AM
Sue it was great getting to see you kids at the lake again. I love hearing you talk about catching fish.

LateFisher
01-19-2009, 09:29 AM
Nice report sue, i'm sorry i did'nt get a chance to meet you at the event, maybe next time. John

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 09:58 AM
Sue, it was nice to see you again!! twins rule...except when I get no sleep before a tourney :( haha. I was one of the boats that were too close to the Phenix guys....haha I trolled by them, never anchored. Triple hook-ups is sick! What a memorable day!

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 10:39 AM
Nice to see you having fun at the event Sue, didn't get a chance to meet Gator & daughter, maybe at the next event. :Cool:

Granny Fish
01-19-2009, 03:51 PM
Great seeing you again Sue. Glad you had a good time and you all caught some fish.:Cool:

Fisherman57
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Thanks Sue! It sure sounds like you guys had a great day and thank YOU for all the support you continue to give TEAM 57.

What an awesome event made better by the participation of members like you! Congrats!

Dana

troutdog
01-20-2009, 11:18 AM
Nice seeing you and the Gator crew at the lake this weekend, thanks for sharing your adventures!

TD

BIGRED KILLA
01-20-2009, 11:21 AM
Thanks for the report sounds like you all had a blast out there.

Bigred