PDA

View Full Version : Bolsa Chica 1/17

shoyuegg
01-18-2009, 09:14 AM
First time post...
Yesterday was such a nice Saturday, so the missus and I took the boys to BS so I could do some fishing and she could get a tan. Hit Savon and bought my 09 license (friggin 41.50...jeezus) and decided to get on the LC bandwagon (friggin 21.50...jeezus). On the way, hit Big Fish and got a dozen ghost shrimp.

Fished north of the jetty on the incoming tide. Caught a small BSP on a ghostie and let the kid reel it in. After a few more casts, decided to try the LC. 2nd cast, caught and released a short halibut. One small bump after that, but that was it. Next time I'll go solo so I can work farther north.

All in all, a great day!

Ren714
01-18-2009, 11:13 AM
Welcome... Nice butt.

supasportkid
01-18-2009, 05:21 PM
nice hali, good job

ghetto dad
01-18-2009, 05:25 PM
First time post...
Yesterday was such a nice Saturday, so the missus and I took the boys to BS so I could do some fishing and she could get a tan. Hit Savon and bought my 09 license (friggin 41.50...jeezus) and decided to get on the LC bandwagon (friggin 21.50...jeezus). On the way, hit Big Fish and got a dozen ghost shrimp.

Fished north of the jetty on the incoming tide. Caught a small BSP on a ghostie and let the kid reel it in. After a few more casts, decided to try the LC. 2nd cast, caught and released a short halibut. One small bump after that, but that was it. Next time I'll go solo so I can work farther north.

All in all, a great day!

dude, i really hope you paid more for that license...its $45.95 with the enhancement stamp....make SURE you have that on the back of your license bro........

nice report man...thanks

GD

Seng90806
01-18-2009, 11:53 PM
dude, i really hope you paid more for that license...its $45.95 with the enhancement stamp....make SURE you have that on the back of your license bro........

nice report man...thanks

GD

yeah man make sure u have that sticker or else you will
need to run away from DFG officers like how GD does :LOL:

shoyuegg
01-19-2009, 08:26 AM
yeah man make sure u have that sticker or else you will
need to run away from DFG officers like how GD does :LOL:

lol thanks fellas,
first time posting, but not first time fishing (or buying the stamp)...
but thanks for the heads-up anyway!

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 10:33 AM
Sounds like a fun day, thanks for the report. :Cool: :Big Grin:

Redkorn
01-22-2009, 02:46 AM
First time post...

All in all, a great day!

Hey I was thinking about doing some fishing at those jettys...which ones should I hit up... never fished them before so a map or pic of that area would be sweet.

gavin310
01-22-2009, 10:14 AM
lol i'm not from that area so i thought you were talking about sav-on drugs, so was like "that's cool that they carry fishing licenses..." and then i read you bought a LC and i was like wtf?! then i googled savon and saw it was a tackle store. heh. i was about to go pick up some toilet paper and a flash minnow...

shoyuegg
01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
lol i'm not from that area so i thought you were talking about sav-on drugs, so was like "that's cool that they carry fishing licenses..." and then i read you bought a LC and i was like wtf?! then i googled savon and saw it was a tackle store. heh. i was about to go pick up some toilet paper and a flash minnow...

lol yeah, I thought about that afterward. I guess I should be a bit more informative...next time.