PDA

View Full Version : DUCT - KPN Strikes again !!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-18-2009, 12:12 AM
hit the duct this afternoon with Kahn...

Khan administered a blindfolded ride over to a spot...

Once the blindfold was removed, we hit our 1st spot about 5:30 or so...

no love...

so off to another spot....
THEN...
We got those suckas craving a taste of the KPN STEEL !

The KPN Skinny Shad was on the menu this evening...

Slam....fish on !!!!

Nice and solid7-8 lbder...

a while after....Whamo.....another....sweet big fat feesh !!!

Then about 30 minutes after, I get on another....a HUGE toad.....!

It busted me off on 15 lb seaguar !...Damn !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

another 20 minutes ar so....another hookup but it shakes free..Damn x 2

We both sat down and had one of Khahns patented pork sandwiches......

THEN....
I cast out to the other side of the duct...slow roll till my lure was in the middle where it's deeper...I let it sink back down to the bottom....through the slack line...I could feel a rap on the line....

I aint fallin for that ol trick, I know that too well from Largemouth fishing so I drive on 'em....!

IT'S ON !!!!

POWERFULL Drag peeling runs had me already knowing this was at least a double.....and so it was...woo-hoo !

I needed a double...it's been a little while since my last and I was overdue...

The toad hits the deck and I have a nice satisfied buzz going on !!!!

KPN's lure was the ticket, I don't think I'll fish anything else there..

This was my 3rd trip to the duct and I've hooked up each time on it but the other 2 times the fish either broke me off or shook off !

It feels nice to break my duct cherrry and land some 'em.....and some nice fat pigs..

I ended up landing 3 and lost 2 (1 broke off)
Kahn got struck twice but unfortunately didnt hookup on those strikes..

Thanks for making a great toad getter Khahn..

Gary

Sorry about these photos people, this is the best I can do right now, I had to use some funky tools on the pc that stitch the photos together to reduce the file size...

I'll have to do the photos as a photobucket when I return to work tuesday...at least I got somethin to upload...

Heres a real PIG !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09double-1.jpg
A closer shot...
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09double-2closeup.jpg
Heres 1 of the other 2..
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09number1.jpg
And last but not least...another fat pig !!!.....oh yeah !
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09number2.jpg
All 3:
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09catch.jpg
And the CSI findings.....show the last meal (other than the KPN LURE !)
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/kpntrapduct1-17-09perch1.jpg

Seng90806
01-18-2009, 03:09 AM
WOW!!! sounds like a very productive day out there at the Duct :LOL:

FarmerJohn
01-18-2009, 03:28 AM
Was that at the AV Duct or Bakersfield Duct?
Also what's a KPN Lure?
Oh! Nice job!

spooky007
01-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Good going fellas!! Kahn, you can't keep missing fish on your own lures!!!

Captain Castaic
01-18-2009, 08:36 AM
pics? comeon Gman.....no pics no good...lol

C.C.

Evilone
01-18-2009, 08:44 AM
Ain't saying nuthin cept http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp245/nefarious235/postpics.gif

WJC71
01-18-2009, 09:51 AM
Ain't saying nuthin cept http://i416.photobucket.com/albums/pp245/nefarious235/postpics.gif

Exactly....... Need Pics

dodoman
01-18-2009, 11:24 AM
great catch fellas.

snag
01-18-2009, 03:24 PM
Exactly....... Need Pics

Yeah, that's sort of a let down Gary. Where's the pics!?!?!?&@%#$& LOL

Nice going out there...

Tight lines.

SkipperDick
01-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Where are the pics Gary?? JK WTG out there, Way to Slay!

SkipperDick

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-18-2009, 04:41 PM
sorry guys, I do have pics but I cannot upload them from this POS computer...normally I use my work PC, this dial up is jacked...cannot upload them as attachments cause thier too big and I cannot size them cuase it doesn't have the right tools..

Photobucket wont work either...

I'll try again but I tried sending Kahn them on e-mail but 4 photos took 45 minutes to upload to the e-mail and it still didnt get through to him

StriperEye
01-18-2009, 04:53 PM
Congrats Gary on the SLAY and Congrats Khanh on the outcome of your new lure!! Thank you for the invite to the Duct, but had prior arrangements..I really am sick of family dinners ,ESPECIALY when I MISS OUT ON THE SLAY!! That Blows! Thank you again, and Congrats again Gary, I hope to fish with either of you soon in the near future.I will be by this week to pick up the ones I ordered Khanh. Frank

GeordyBass
01-18-2009, 06:01 PM
NICE!Uncle Gary Slays again!!!Good Job on your lures Khanh!Gary showed em' to me today and wow,you really got your $h!t together Bud!I SAW the Pics,and all i gotta say is:You Bastard!!!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-18-2009, 07:09 PM
the pics above are the best I can do for now..
I e-mailed them to Bob but I'm not sure if they got through....this PC SUCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! times infinity ! or at least thats the time it takes to do anything on it !

kpn
01-18-2009, 07:57 PM
Gary
The fishing Gods have a nice treat for you last night Gary :Wink:. And may be your steel :ROFL:. Thanks for keep me company Bud :LOL:.

StriperEye,
You "MISS OUT ON THE SLAY" Bro.
Call me when you want to pick up the lures.

KPN.

yolo
01-18-2009, 07:59 PM
Nice, quality fish. Were you in the AV duct section or Bako section?

one_leg
01-19-2009, 12:15 AM
The pics crack me up. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them.

Shock
01-19-2009, 09:52 AM
NIce job on that big Feesh Gary!!!

Glad to see your lures working so good Kahn!!! Must really make you proud.

LateFisher
01-19-2009, 10:10 AM
AWESOME FISH GARY, GOOD TO SEE YOUR REPORTS AGAIN. GARY I WAS REALLY HOPEING TO WIN ONE OF YOUR STRIPER KITS AT THE VINE EVENT,BUT NO SUCH LUCK. KHANH I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO FISHING WITH YOU AT THE STRIPER BOWL. I'LL CALL YOU LATER AND GO OVER WHAT I SHOULD BRING. GARY HERES TO YOUR CATCH :Beer Toast::Beer Toast::Beer Toast:

Wingnut
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
Nice Lineside Gary! I have to start chucking those KPN's that Khanh custom made for me in the surf. :Wink:

BTW - Thanks for those raffle prizes you donated to the Irvine event. Very cool stuff... I was hoping to win one myself. :LOL: :Envious:

trail blazer
01-19-2009, 11:40 AM
WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice stripes. got to try out thelm KPN,s for myself,

DKCbassman
01-19-2009, 02:47 PM
I've plugged your prototypes a couple of times now. Let's see em. Pics,Pics,Pics.

PureAle
01-19-2009, 03:40 PM
way to go on the pigs!!!

PureAle

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-19-2009, 04:44 PM

Thanks, just to be clear, those pics aren't 1 fish, thats 3 different ones....

They were ALL real nice fat healthy fish !

Steel was in their diet that evening, NOW they are on mine.....ha ha ha... I'm eating 'em beer battered right now..........DEE-Licious !

DccFISHerMan
01-19-2009, 05:03 PM
sweet looking fish, still waiting for my first duct trip

RamboBoy
01-19-2009, 05:28 PM
fish ON! Good job, man.

Tr1p0d
01-19-2009, 06:43 PM
You letthemfeelthesteel Gary!! Nice going...

sidified
01-19-2009, 08:44 PM
Congrats on those beauties--

Seems everyone talks about the custom plug ''Kahn made for me''---Are they available commercially for the less anointed?

StriperEye
01-20-2009, 10:21 AM

Seems everyone talks about the custom plug ''Kahn made for me''---Are they available commercially for the less anointed?

Yes you can buy KPN lures, kpntackle.com.

Bucket bay
01-20-2009, 10:24 AM
Steel breakfast for those stripers, good times I got to get me one of them DD,
Nice work guys, I like that new lipless crank bait Kahn.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-20-2009, 10:28 AM

Just to be clear, these ones I'm running are stock and not custom made for me specifically.

THEY ROCK....more ta follow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-20-2009, 02:04 PM
WOW!!! sounds like a very productive day out there at the Duct :LOL:

Yes it was a nice evening at the cement pond.....good times...good times !

Good going fellas!! Kahn, you can't keep missing fish on your own lures!!!

Thanks, gotta get on 'em again soon, then it will be Khanh's turn for REVENGE !...ha ha ha
Yeah buddy !

Exactly....... Need Pics
Sorry bout no pics at that time but it doesnt mean the post is worthless...

Its still a report

Would you not beleive me if I had not posted pics ?

I know we all really enjoy seeing the pics as I do as well but go easy on someone if they dont have pics. The report still carries valuable information.

great catch fellas.
Thank you

Yeah, that's sort of a let down Gary. Where's the pics!?!?!?&@%#$& LOL

Nice going out there...

Tight lines.
Sorry buddy, I wasn't "not" uploading photos on purpose....I had limited pc access

Where are the pics Gary?? JK WTG out there, Way to Slay!

SkipperDick

Thx, I can't wait to return for a repeat !

Congrats Gary on the SLAY and Congrats Khanh on the outcome of your new lure!! Thank you for the invite to the Duct, but had prior arrangements..I really am sick of family dinners ,ESPECIALY when I MISS OUT ON THE SLAY!! That Blows! Thank you again, and Congrats again Gary, I hope to fish with either of you soon in the near future.I will be by this week to pick up the ones I ordered Khanh. Frank

Thx, it's ashamed you couldnt make it out with us that night, you'll get on 'em soon enough !
Good luck,
Gary

NICE!Uncle Gary Slays again!!!Good Job on your lures Khanh!Gary showed em' to me today and wow,you really got your $h!t together Bud!I SAW the Pics,and all i gotta say is:You Bastard!!!!!:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:
Thanks Geordy, hopefully many more will get on my line in 2009

Gary
The fishing Gods have a nice treat for you last night Gary :Wink:. And may be your steel :ROFL:. Thanks for keep me company Bud :LOL:.

StriperEye,
You "MISS OUT ON THE SLAY" Bro.
Call me when you want to pick up the lures.

KPN.
Yes the striper gods rained upon me on that night....and I think I like it !!! ha ha ha

Good ta fish with ya Khanh..

Nice, quality fish. Were you in the AV duct section or Bako section?
I'm not real familiar with zones but I was not in bakersfield.

The pics crack me up. Thanks for taking the time and effort to post them.
I'll update the photos later today....thats was the best I could do with the tools on that PC...I know it looks like a joke

Thank you my friend....gotta love them drag peelers....saweet !
I am proud of Khanh as well, some sweet work there !

AWESOME FISH GARY, GOOD TO SEE YOUR REPORTS AGAIN. GARY I WAS REALLY HOPEING TO WIN ONE OF YOUR STRIPER KITS AT THE VINE EVENT,BUT NO SUCH LUCK. KHANH I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO FISHING WITH YOU AT THE STRIPER BOWL. I'LL CALL YOU LATER AND GO OVER WHAT I SHOULD BRING. GARY HERES TO YOUR CATCH :Beer Toast::Beer Toast::Beer Toast:
Glad to be reporting some stipre action...just know that my reports had not gone away, they just changed origins, I was hitting the salt for a while, now I'm back bugging MR Striper..

Sorry ya didn't win one of my kits..

I look forward to meeting you at the Striperbowl.
Gary

Nice Lineside Gary! I have to start chucking those KPN's that Khanh custom made for me in the surf. :Wink:

BTW - Thanks for those raffle prizes you donated to the Irvine event. Very cool stuff... I was hoping to win one myself. :LOL: :Envious:
Thanks Arthur, it was about time for a pig, it had been a little while, I feel redeemed again !
Ha ha ha

Yeah, I'm anxious to see the salt variations get their slay on too, I have a SARDINE patterned topwater, just waiting for the right conditions to fish it !

Your very welcome for the prizes, I hope the lucky anglers put them to good use, I hand tied those jigs as well as putting those kits together myself...

I kinda liked the presentations, I hope they got a good laugh too as well as aiding someone to hooking up !

WTG!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice stripes. got to try out thelm KPN,s for myself,
Thanks, Khanh really knows how to make a kick arse lure, check 'em out if ya like.
I beleive in these things like no other..

I've plugged your prototypes a couple of times now. Let's see em. Pics,Pics,Pics.
kpntackle.com

way to go on the pigs!!!

PureAle
Gotta love dem stripers....I sure do.....and for dinner !

sweet looking fish, still waiting for my first duct trip

It you fish it....they will come. ! (said while whispering !...ha ha)

fish ON! Good job, man.
Thank you, looks like you got on some action too this weekend....saweet !

You letthemfeelthesteel Gary!! Nice going...
thx, it's a little redeeming to land them suckas and they did indeed feel the "stang" o steel !

Thanks, check out the KPN site, you'll find some quality hand crafted gear there..

Just to be clear, these ones I'm running are stock and not custom made for me specifically.

THEY ROCK....more ta follow !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Steel breakfast for those stripers, good times I got to get me one of them DD,
Nice work guys, I like that new lipless crank bait Kahn.

Those suckas pack allot of power...I'm just thrilled to land 'em finally, the last 2 times out the fish either broke me off or shook off......this was REVENGE !

one_leg
01-20-2009, 02:11 PM
I liked the pics. I didn't mean to imply that they were a joke.

You gotta do what ya can with what ya got at the time.

My favorite gletemfeelthesteel report pic featured "Gary and his Playdough fishies".

Keep up the slayin and post more pics.

WJC71
01-20-2009, 06:07 PM
Not doubting your fishing prowess
Just jumpin on the old bandwagon
Great catches and maybe I'll see ya out there sometime

BTW...... Yolo...... to know the location is just look at the fence in the Background. That tells ya where it's at.

yolo
01-20-2009, 06:52 PM
Not doubting your fishing prowess
Just jumpin on the old bandwagon
Great catches and maybe I'll see ya out there sometime

BTW...... Yolo...... to know the location is just look at the fence in the Background. That tells ya where it's at.

I know of 4 spots with that handicap access fence in the AV. Let's play let's guess which one it is? :Smile: The fairly fresh/not too digested shad in the gut narrows it down for me. I know of only one spot that has the fence and also has a shad hideout. It is also known to produce multiple fish.

troutdog
01-20-2009, 07:16 PM
WTG Gary those are sopme nice looking stripeys, thanks for sharing and congrats on some sweet looking fish. Bing was telling me you slayed some stripers while we were at the Vine, he looked very jealous :LOL:

TD

Lightning
01-20-2009, 07:28 PM
Solid fish! Thanks for the report & photos.

crappiemike
01-20-2009, 09:17 PM
nice looking fish there gary!!! is that a secret spot,,,
good looking GUT shot...

CM

Hitts0n
01-20-2009, 09:32 PM
Slayage once again ! Congrats on the rat l trap !

kpn
01-21-2009, 08:04 AM
The pictures came out nicely. Thanks for taking your time to fix that Bud.
Ready for another trip :Wink: :LOL: ?

KPN.

TroutOnly
01-22-2009, 08:13 PM
JUST GOT BACK FROM UP NORTH GARY NICE PICS OF THE STRIPEYS,,,t/o