PDA

View Full Version : 1st Vine in 09 from One_Legs perspective.

one_leg
01-17-2009, 09:02 PM
Poxy Boggards and myself arrived about 5 am to find about 4 lanes of cars. Tied up some lures and went and said hello to everyone in the worm hut. Lots of old familiar faces in the crowd.

We trolled all day long and I finished my limit on the west shore about noon. Poxy got 3 nice fish. Overall it was pretty slow for the big fish today. Maybe they will be better acclimated by tomorrow or the day after that and the bite should be a lot better.

Thanks to Dana and his helpers, and the Donors of the prizes, and the lakes staff, managers, and the lakes volunteers,especially Mitzi Onizuka.

If I failed to say hello to anyone I am real sorry I missed you. I have had a bad head cold. I didn't want to pass it on to anyone and as I result I have been a lot less gregarious than normal.

Irish Camel, I hope that your son will be able to make good use of the Bluetooth I traded him for the Toys R Us giftcard. I think I will get a Twister mat with the card.....lol Does anyone remember Twister? Or maybe a Slip N' Slide. Or maybe I will get an antfarm so I can raise them in order to use their eggs for trout in the High Sierras next season. :Big Grin: Arthur, Thanks for the donation.

Poxy Boggards, that CD is awesome man. It has been about a month since I heard those tunes and every one of them is a classic. I just about busted a gut listening to it again. Wes, Thanks for the donation.

Thanks Sesgia for the tackle pack too. I will put the stuff to good use. John Lau and Richards Tackle in Rosemead, Thanks for the donation.

Se you all on the waters.

And remember this, Broken lines=Broken Hearts. I caught two fish with leaders hanging from their mouths today. They must have still been hungry? Maybe a switch to 3 or 4 lb. line is in order.

One_Leg

P.S. Those of you that left early missed out on a really good time.
Sorry you had to go. I hope that you can stay longer next time.

calico killer kevin
01-17-2009, 09:12 PM
Thanks Alan. Any shore spots look good?
Hoping to get some noobs on fish Monday.

one_leg
01-17-2009, 09:15 PM
Thanks Alan. Any shore spots look good?
Hoping to get some noobs on fish Monday.

Sending PM now.

calico killer kevin
01-17-2009, 09:19 PM
Sending PM now.
Patiently waiting. Thanks a ton.:Cool:

Mondo21
01-18-2009, 10:11 AM
It was good seeing you yesterday. Looks like you had a good time dispite you head cold. I always have a good time taking pics of beautiful happy faces. Hope you feel better. Cindy:Big Smile:

diamondbear
01-18-2009, 03:44 PM
ALAN , YOU TROLLING FOOL , ha Way to go thou you'll get the DD AGAIN next trip . // steve

BingJr
01-18-2009, 05:29 PM
Great seeing you there Alan. It was a blast at the BBQ/Get together. There were some nice fish caught but the avg size of the fish this year at the vine has been a big disappointment. I sure do miss the nice avg. to the fish that were coming out last year. 90% of the 50 fish I saw caught yesterday were DFG size. A major Bumber.

Santa Fe Eric
01-18-2009, 10:35 PM
Barely saw you! But it was good to know you were there!

SFE

LateFisher
01-19-2009, 11:31 AM
ALAN, NICE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN. GLAD YOU CAUGHT ALL THOSE FISH, MAYBE YOU OR SOMEONE CAN TAKE THE HEX OFF OF ME AND MAYBE SHOW ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG. I GOT THE BIG 0 AGAIN WHILE WATCHING MY BROTHER CATCH NEAR A LIMIT USING THE SAME GEAR AND BAIT AS ME :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:. DON,T WORRY I WON'T GIVE UP, I WON'T , I WON'T , I WON'T !!!!!! HERE'S TO ME :Beer Toast:

MAVERICK27
01-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Great job Alan, way to stay with the troll...we did marginal on the troll...fish need to settle a little. Hope you feel better!!

troutdog
01-20-2009, 10:30 AM
Good times at the Vine...hope you shake that cold O_L.

TD

crappiemike
01-20-2009, 10:52 AM
thats how you do it... keep on trolling and tell me when something else
hits that bait,,, how many beers down the hatch?

cm

BIGRED KILLA
01-20-2009, 11:20 AM
This report sucks no pics.

Bigred

Trout Nine
01-20-2009, 02:29 PM
WTG on your limit! It was nice seeing at the event you hope to see you at the next one.

one_leg
01-20-2009, 02:38 PM
WTG on your limit! It was nice seeing at the event you hope to see you at the next one.

Hey thanks!!! I was afraid of spreading my cold to everyone so I didn't shake hands with anyone or even do much talking for fear of infecting others with my nasty lil germs. Next time we will do a lot more talking, I assure you of that!!!

lowe
01-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Allan
It was good seeing you again Allan talking with you briefly before we hit the water, take care of that head cold , I seen you out on the the Green Machine getting your troll on. Nothing big for us.. Fishing Mofo and I manage to get are limits. Until next time

See on the water ..lo

one_leg
01-20-2009, 05:01 PM
Allan
It was good seeing you again Allan talking with you briefly before we hit the water, take care of that head cold , I seen you out on the the Green Machine getting your troll on. Nothing big for us.. Fishing Mofo and I manage to get are limits. Until next time

See on the water ..lo

When Andy said he was fishing with Lowe I thought he meant Lo, as in Carlos, the Irvine Poptent camper.
It was really cool getting to speak with you again for a few moments before heading out on the water.
I am glad to hear that you guys got your limits too.
I'll be keeping an eye out for you in the future. See ya on the lakes.

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 03:28 PM
Well this report sucks without pics!:ROFL:

one_leg
01-21-2009, 03:35 PM
Well this report sucks without pics!:ROFL:

http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/OmarattheVine.jpg
I little bit dated, but what the heck. At least I probably won't get in trouble for showing this one.

Hitts0n
01-21-2009, 04:25 PM
http://i178.photobucket.com/albums/w270/one_leg_photos/OmarattheVine.jpg

I little bit dated, but what the heck. At least I probably won't get in trouble for showing this one.

He's like 30 lbs lighter n0w than this pic !

one_leg
01-26-2009, 12:25 PM
It was good seeing you yesterday. Looks like you had a good time dispite you head cold. I always have a good time taking pics of beautiful happy faces. Hope you feel better. Cindy:Big Smile:

Cindy, you always bring a smile to my face. Keep em coming.

ALAN , YOU TROLLING FOOL , ha Way to go thou you'll get the DD AGAIN next trip . // steve

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha, it was Gmoney's turn. 12 lb. 10 oz. PB @ the Vine. :Cool:

We will be nailing some HO's in your neck of the woods real soon.

DB, I'll let you know when we are heading over that way.

Great seeing you there Alan. It was a blast at the BBQ/Get together. There were some nice fish caught but the avg size of the fish this year at the vine has been a big disappointment. I sure do miss the nice avg. to the fish that were coming out last year. 90% of the 50 fish I saw caught yesterday were DFG size. A major Bumber.

The smaller ones are definitely smaller this year.

It seems there are a lot more larger ones this time around though. :Cool:

The pendulum seems to swing back and forth on the fish weights every year or so. :Confused:

Barely saw you! But it was good to know you were there!

SFE

Eric, you are so popular that I couldn't find my way past your posse'. :Crying:

Next time I will seek you out. Don't evade!!!

ALAN, NICE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN. GLAD YOU CAUGHT ALL THOSE FISH, MAYBE YOU OR SOMEONE CAN TAKE THE HEX OFF OF ME AND MAYBE SHOW ME WHAT I'M DOING WRONG. I GOT THE BIG 0 AGAIN WHILE WATCHING MY BROTHER CATCH NEAR A LIMIT USING THE SAME GEAR AND BAIT AS ME :ROFL: :ROFL: :ROFL:. DON,T WORRY I WON'T GIVE UP, I WON'T , I WON'T , I WON'T !!!!!! HERE'S TO ME :Beer Toast:

I will do whatever I can to help you out. Just let me know and we will arrange a Vine slay day!!!

Great job Alan, way to stay with the troll...we did marginal on the troll...fish need to settle a little. Hope you feel better!!

Feeling much better now Maverick, thanks for your sentiment.

For every marginal day there are about 6 really good days on the troll at the Vine.

You just have to stick to it and maintain confidence.

Good times at the Vine...hope you shake that cold O_L.

I have cast the Demon out!!! Great times in my opinion!!! :Wink:

He's like 30 lbs lighter n0w than this pic !

Oh really, I could not tell. But then again, I don't really care how much Omar weighs....lol