PDA

View Full Version : Fishing Question

Danny7600
01-17-2009, 02:48 PM
Alright well i went out today to lake skinner and i didn't catch anything and i want to know what i am doing wrong. im rolling with a size 14 treble hook and splitshot on 4lb test. I Tried power bait, salmon eggs, and night crawlers. Nothing not evan a bite. After i tried the bait and wait method i went to jigs! panther martin, kastmaster and roostertail. No bite's at all. I need to know what i am doing wrong i have heard about oils on the hand that might turn the fish away is that it? What am i missing im 0-6 with fishing on lakes. Ive been to hemet lake, skinner, regional park in yuciapa. Im going to try hemet again tomorrow. Can someone help me out please.

smokinflies
01-17-2009, 05:20 PM
Try the "power mouse".:Wink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMgrmDHGD60

pwynn
01-17-2009, 05:41 PM
I am thinking you are just at the wrong place. i seems that you are using the right stuff. I can tell you that at lake hemet if you are throwing lures they need to be gold not silver.. there are lots of fish in lake hemet but it has not been stocked for months. I dont bait and wait anymore. i can tell you that skinner can be a humbling experience for sure. I am torn on where to fish in the morning skinner or hemet. leaning toward skinner because it is going to be really cold in the am at hemet. If you are up at hemet and you see a big dude in a black and sliver crestliner that is me give me a shout, maybe i can help.

newbefisher
01-17-2009, 07:35 PM
Use nightcrawlers at Hemet. I've caught several fish the last few times there on them. I might be there tomorrow as well, but I'm probably going to head to Skinner to try for some stripers. I haven't caught one of those in awhile.

Danny7600
01-18-2009, 07:30 AM
Thanks guys i am going to give all this a try. I am trying to figure out if i want to go to hemet or somewhere else right now