PDA

View Full Version : LIVE from SARL FRI @ 8:30pm

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-16-2009, 08:56 PM
Fishingdrinkinsmokin and I are at SARL right now for the overnight and we are doing well! I caught a beautiful tailwalker 20min after arriving late at 7pm. It fought like hell and has nice colors. Fishingdrinkinsmokin has caught 5 trout, 3 of them are good size, 2 were young and small. Its about 9pm now, but I will update again later.

gavin310
01-16-2009, 09:02 PM
nice job out there!!! i love live reports, can't wait for the next update!

CASTAWAY
01-16-2009, 09:05 PM
That's what you call a live report! SARL got some live ones I tell ya.
Any Lloyds yet..lol..... Keep us posted, we are on.....

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-16-2009, 09:32 PM
it's 9:30pm and it's slowed down a bit. From about 7:30-8:30pm fishingdrinkinsmokin was slaying it, but no hits or nibbles for about 30min. Now time to drink some beers and watch the fireworks, until the soon to be late night troutfest! 12-3am is my favorite time to fish, probably becauses it's the time of the night when I am most drunk...

calico killer kevin
01-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Where are you guys? If you guys aren't already there, I can point you to the hot spot last weekend.

one_leg
01-16-2009, 10:09 PM
Look over to your right a couple spots. See me waving at you?

CASTAWAY
01-16-2009, 10:26 PM
Look over to your right a couple spots. See me waving at you?

hahahahahahaha...... you need your sleep for Irvine tomorrow....:Big Grin:

Plus you can not see in the dark...hahahahaha....

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-16-2009, 10:28 PM
We are on the south shore. One Leg, are you fishing the bubble hole? Want a beer?

one_leg
01-16-2009, 10:32 PM
hahahahahahaha...... you need your sleep for Irvine tomorrow....:Big Grin:

Castaway, you are blowing my cover. I wanted to hear about the guy that kept looking at the people just down the shore from them all night in someones report tomorrow.

Sorry SHCF, I was just pulling your leg about being just down the shore.

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-16-2009, 10:38 PM
Haha it's cool, last time I offer you a beer! Haha

one_leg
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Now your just hurting my feelings a lil' bit.........j/k Catch a ton tonight. And catch a nice buzz at the same time. Have a beer for me!!!

Seng90806
01-16-2009, 10:54 PM
dont drink and drive :LOL:

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-16-2009, 11:40 PM
It got windy for a while, but it's calming down, FDS and I just hooked up back to back. Mine was about 2.5lbs, FDS was about 1.5lbs. It's setting up for a good morning...

saintarv
01-17-2009, 12:05 AM
I might it tomorrow night. Hopefully I do well as you guys. :LOL:

stonedheadcoldfeet
01-17-2009, 02:26 AM
It's about 2:30am and FDS just passed out, but he caught his 8th fish about twohours ago, it's a 5lb toad. I pulled in my 3rd about an hour ago, lots of nibbles right now...

fishndrinknsmokin
01-17-2009, 03:03 PM
Well we ended up leaving just before noon and had what looks like to be 18 fish, with only two of them on the small side. No pics of the total catch but will post some shots from last night later on.

Water was clear and no longer stained, mild wind at times at night but for the most part the weather played along and left the lake glassy most of the night. Hot ticket for me, at least in the beginning, was a power mouse made with a white glow in the dark nitro worm and pink nitro egg. Almost all of my fish (I caught an even dozen) were caught on this combo but did catch a few on spring green pb mixed with the garlic flavor. SHCF hit most of his on power bait in assorted colors.

It was actually a fairly busy overnight at SARL. I'm usually the the 1st or 2nd one in line when I get there by 3 but this time there were 12 vehicles in front of me and at least that many behind me by the time they let us in. Lot's of noise and whooping it up last night but don't know if that meant people where catching anything other then a buzz.

Stay tuned for some pics after I get my grub on!

fishndrinknsmokin
01-17-2009, 03:23 PM
Pics as promised........

Seng90806
01-17-2009, 06:26 PM
Pics as promised........

looks like you guys had a blast out there....the water is clear :LOL: SARL here we come

calico killer kevin
01-17-2009, 08:54 PM
That is SWEET!

one_leg
01-17-2009, 09:09 PM
Good job on the trout.

Next time your buddy passes out in his chair, pile a bunch of empties all over him and then toss some tiny pebbles at him to wake him up. Make sure to videotape the results and post it here ASAP.

fishndrinknsmokin
01-18-2009, 06:17 AM
Good job on the trout.

Next time your buddy passes out in his chair, pile a bunch of empties all over him and then toss some tiny pebbles at him to wake him up. Make sure to videotape the results and post it here ASAP.

LOL. I would but he is impossible to get up when he is asleep like that. He had a fish on yesterday when he fell asleep and his rod started to dance and I yelled at him twice to wake up and he didn't budge. The bobber stopped moving so I let him sleep and I walk over to check it out and...........FISH ON! I had the hook set and was reeling in by the time I could wake his sleeping *** up. When I finally got him up he's looking at this other pole trying to figure what the hell is going on as I'm bringing in his fish. He got over there in time to finish it off but nappy time almost cost him a good fish!

Rooster
01-18-2009, 09:46 PM
Gotta luv those live reports.. Props