PDA

View Full Version : Perris half day....today (fri)

Pete Marino
01-16-2009, 07:57 PM
I went out to Perris today. Not on a guide trip but by myself for some prefishing for this Sundays National Bass event.

I arrived at 1pm and saw a bunch of guys leaving. My plan was to go look around and hopefully find some fish for Sunday.
I wanted to go check a couple areas that normally hold fish in Feb. I know its only January but because of the 80+ degree temps this week I figured what the heck.
I looked shallow AND deep. I threw reactions, swimbaits, and finese baits.
I cant tell you exactly what I caught fish on this time because of the tournament but I will say that I caught fish on all the above.
The bite was actually really good....
I found one area that I stopped at and caught 2 bass that were 3 1/2 lbs a piece and then switched to a swimbait and caught a 5 lber.... At that point I left that area completely... Hopefully they will be there on Sunday :Wink:

Then I bunced around to different spots on the lake..and caught more here and there. I didnt catch anything on any of the community holes.
After 4 hours of fishing and searching at 5pm, I called it quits and headed to the ramp.
My big fish of the day was 5 lbs on the dot.
I caught 8 keepers total and my biggest 5 were about 18 lbs. I could have easily had more weight and more fish if I would have kept fishing in the areas I was getting bit at. After Id catch one, Id move. I found 4 good groups of Bass that were actively feeding.
HOPEFULLY the fish stay put so I can go back to them on Sunday during the tournament. But because of the time of year, they will probably move and be long gone when the money is on the line. :mad:
Fish were caught between 10-50 ft of water.
Well see how it goes!!!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909)510-5679

goseango
01-16-2009, 08:15 PM
Sounds like a good day. Good luck Sunday.

Kevin

nismotech91
01-16-2009, 10:42 PM
Thanks for the info. Goodluck out there on sunday!

Pete Marino
01-17-2009, 09:42 AM
I'll do my best!!! :Big Grin::Big Grin:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909) 510 5679

socalrippin
01-17-2009, 10:07 AM
good job and good luck sunday! nice to hear you got the big boy on a swimbait. i look forward to hearing how you did.

THROWBACK RANGER
01-17-2009, 10:12 AM
let us know the tournament results!!!

Pete Marino
01-17-2009, 04:08 PM
Whether I do good or bad, I'll be here to tell the story about it.

I hope to do well but thats up to the bass. I'll be on the right spot with the right bait, using the right rod and reel and correct line and I'll present my bait exactly right.....Now those little green suckas need to eat my bait!!!
They probably wont!!!:LOL:

I'll keep my fingers crossed!!

Pete Marino
01-18-2009, 07:24 PM
My fish were long gone... They were scattered in my area but not stacked up like the other day. I stayed in the area for most of the day on and off and only got one bass. :Embarrassed::Embarrassed: We lost 3 fish that hurt us but we stayed with it anyway.

Thats the way it goes sometimes!!!

formosa
01-18-2009, 07:43 PM
pete good luck sunday, is water down again?

Senor Rambone
01-19-2009, 08:00 AM
Kick some BASS'

Senor Rambone
01-19-2009, 08:01 AM
Good report man. Hope you kick some serious BASS' on sunday. Good luck!