PDA

View Full Version : Powell rods?

fishntime
01-16-2009, 03:41 PM
Looking into buying a Powell 7ft 3in 733 baitcasting rod. But, Im not big on ordering over the internet before Ive actually held one in my hand. Does anyone know where these rods might be sold. Or does anyone have any recommendations on any other split grip rods, that are at least 7ft long, and Med heavy or heavier? Thanks for any help.

a biley
01-16-2009, 06:55 PM
anglers marine has them, they're great rods, i was thinking about getting one, but I opted for the cumara, in fact i might even get a spinning powell model.

bsp
01-16-2009, 08:05 PM
Powells are all right, but I really prefer Phenixs in that price category. I prefer the styling and the action on the Phenixs more than the Powells. You can compare the two at Angler's Marine.

a biley
01-16-2009, 08:38 PM
Powells are all right, but I really prefer Phenixs in that price category. I prefer the styling and the action on the Phenixs more than the Powells. You can compare the two at Angler's Marine.

at that price range, phenix is a lot more pricey... a powell goes for $139, the phenix mbx is like $230

bsp
01-16-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh dang. I thought that Powells were at 189. They dropped their prices since last year's Fred Hall show. Yeah... go with Powell at that price point.