PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Lake Hours

slickstik
01-16-2009, 08:18 AM
I was wondering if anybody knew the lake hours for pyramid lake? I couldnt find any report with an open time in it.

tpfishnfool
01-16-2009, 09:30 AM
7am-4pm last time I was there a month ago.

Nessie Hunter
01-16-2009, 01:55 PM
http://www.pyramidlakeca.com/

Open for day-use only (7:00 am to 7 pm). Last boat launch at 4 pm, boats must be on trailer by 6 pm, and gates close at 7 pm. Emigrant Landing is the only area open for boat launching and picnicking in the area.
Entry fees: Bike/motorcycle $3; vehicle $7, with trailer $14; motorhomes $21, with trailer $28. Golden Age/Access Passports are honored with a 50%
discount.

That took all of 10 seconds to Google....

MarkyMark
01-16-2009, 02:11 PM
7am-4pm last time I was there a month ago.

You are correct..they also raised entry fees in 2009

tpfishnfool
01-16-2009, 02:27 PM
Yea , the pyramid web site info is old. They are not even letting boats launch last i was told until the marina gets a drege job.

Brewfish
01-19-2009, 03:15 PM
Looks like the web site information is out of date. I just called the phone number listed on the web page and the recorded message said that they start launching at 7:00 and all boats must be off the water and on trailers by 3:00 PM. That's weak...

DKCbassman
01-19-2009, 03:21 PM
Let's see, it says 7AM. Pyramid personnell take that for 7:10-7:18 gate unlocked. 7:25 by the time you launch. No launching after 1:00 pm! Off the Lake at 3:00pm sharp. They start warning you at 3:30 of 4pm gate closing. 3:48pm they come by and tell you the lake is closed (WTF). That's the real hours of Operation

DarkShadow
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Let's see, it says 7AM. Pyramid personnell take that for 7:10-7:18 gate unlocked. 7:25 by the time you launch. No launching after 1:00 pm! Off the Lake at 3:00pm sharp. They start warning you at 3:30 of 4pm gate closing. 3:48pm they come by and tell you the lake is closed (WTF). That's the real hours of Operation

Pretty much.

I was originally gonna post that the hours of operation where

Whenever They Want To Get There

until

Whenever They Want To Go Home

DKCbassman
01-19-2009, 03:56 PM
Hey Darkshadow,
What is it with the lake hours? You would think about catering to the fisherman since we bring the business. I thought DVL was going to be cool, but now look at them.

DarkShadow
01-20-2009, 08:26 AM
Hey Darkshadow,
What is it with the lake hours? You would think about catering to the fisherman since we bring the business. I thought DVL was going to be cool, but now look at them.

Well, at least with DVL, they open at the time they slate. They'll even go as far as waiting the precious 6 minutes to open the gate. I have no problem with that.

But with Pyramid, ever since the new concessionaire has been running things, they don't really particularly care too much about the fisherman, since the bulk of their money I believe would come from the private boaters, and especially the lake lice during the summer.

I remember a few years ago getting into a nice discussion with one of the employees, as they would drive around in their little golf cart FORTY FIVE minutes before closing (you know, the precious time the stripers used to boil until sundown) and wanted us to get off the lake. I told them that I'd be happy to exit the lake right before the closing time, and not 45 minutes before...it came down to the guy saying, "cmon man, i wanna go home."

It's a Catch22 situation, and the concessionaire knows it. If people complain, they'll just use the, "well, if we don't run it, nobody else will and you'll be left with a closed lake."

Anybody notice the parking fee went up from 8 to 10 bucks now too?

DKCbassman
01-20-2009, 10:26 AM
Hey Ds, DVL was showing some luv by lettting us in at 6-6:15. Believe me, that 5-10 minute window now , was opened up to 20-60 mins. For a Rookie Striper fisherman like me, I needed that time to catch Stripes. Now its 7 on the dot, plus the 10 minutes to get up to the gate.