PDA

View Full Version : perris 1/15/09 chillin at the marina

matt duarte
01-15-2009, 08:31 PM
ok well my sister in law and her boyfriend took my kid to the park so me and my bro in law socalrippin decided for a last minute big bait tossin... socal wanting to try his Treple trout her won at last chance, i told him to grab his ocean rod and lets go!..

we got to the lake around 330 400pm and started tossin big baits.. i started off with the black dog bait shellcracker...no love but what a awesome bait! once it hits the water it sits and swims for like 1minute by its self, pretty awesome!.. socal was tossin his first BIG BAIT and was learning the ropes of tossin these big boys.. at first i could tell he didnt want to toss the bait hard since it was only going about 20ft off shore...he saw me just hunkin my baits and he started trusting the 30lb test...i told him he could toss any of my baits so we both tied on the 8" lunker punkers.. i used my trout patten and he use my albino pattern.. we tossed these the rest of the time we were there... towards the end of the night i heaved my punker along side the shore line out along side the second point at the marina..walked it in...pause..walk walk walk pause... than i was about 20 ft from my punker and it was about 5ft off shore when i paused and dead sticked it for a lil bit and BAM! out of no where a bass slams it! but i got to excited and didnt let the bass turn with the lure and when i set the hook the bait came flying out......TALK ABOUT A "NOT COOL BRO" MONENT! i was mad and jumoung up and down on the rocks but i did get hit...on the lunker punker to! and top water! never had a top water bite at perris before...now i belive haha.. i couldnt get the fish to bte again so we called it a day since it was getting to dark to see the rock we were walking on...we did see of fish busting on the surface..big splashes to...

well thanks for reading guys socalrippin has the pix so he will post them soon

fishindude420
01-15-2009, 08:43 PM
Nice job getting hit on the punker bro! Ull get em next time for sure. Its frkn hard to wait on a topwater fish when they blow up! Ur first instinct is to set the hook right away. lol

matt duarte
01-15-2009, 08:58 PM
ya its defently hard to wait on it..next time ill give the fish all the time it needs haha... defently was a rush, but a punch in the nuts to haha

matt duarte
01-15-2009, 11:02 PM
post the pix dude!

DCCTrouserTrout
01-16-2009, 06:12 AM
You are due man... I would of gave up a long time ago and you are still going for it... ha ha

socalrippin
01-16-2009, 11:48 AM
yeah dude that was sooo sick, i thought it was fish on!!! throwing those things are fun we should do it again tonight i have a good feeling about that spot.

after you left cubbie called me and we went and slayed striper till 4 in the morning!!! killed some goose too!!!

im tired, my hands still smell like fish and im slightly hungover so ill get on those pics in a min.......lol

snag
01-16-2009, 12:23 PM
Matt,

That's awesome man, glad to hear you got a blow up on the Punker.

I missed my first few on the "Punker". It took a few hits to learn to "Wait" until you feel the fish.

Thanks for the report.

Senor Rambone
01-16-2009, 01:35 PM
nice! topwater is always fun. All my topwater fish have been on the super spook, nothing bad to say about it. I need a lunker punker!

socalrippin
01-16-2009, 03:18 PM
laaaate pics...
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/socalrippin/1sttttossperris004.jpg

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/socalrippin/1sttttossperris011.jpg
i rotated this one in photobicket but it still posted sidways. blurry cause of iphone camera.

http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee166/socalrippin/1sttttossperris010.jpg

smokinflies
01-16-2009, 05:05 PM
Can't wait to hit up the marina area in the spring time.

fishntime
01-16-2009, 08:16 PM
Well at least youve had your first hit? All in due time, I on the other hand just keep getting the Skunk. Late and good luck.

bsp
01-16-2009, 10:00 PM
Nice tacklewarehouse Triple Trout! Do you have Ultimate lure savers on it?

Good job on the first punker hit. I haven't stuck one on it either, but the strikes I've gotten so far more than make up for it. Wait until a bass knocks it into the air if you got a rush from watching one attack it. Then you may never put the punker down.

matt duarte
01-16-2009, 10:49 PM
Nice tacklewarehouse Triple Trout! Do you have Ultimate lure savers on it?

Good job on the first punker hit. I haven't stuck one on it either, but the strikes I've gotten so far more than make up for it. Wait until a bass knocks it into the air if you got a rush from watching one attack it. Then you may never put the punker down.

actually that TT was from last chance and no i was waiting for him to have to swim in the water after it after it gets hung up but he got lucky lol.. i was telling him about the lure savers..they really work TJ knows lol

ya blow up are awesome! almost just as good haha i have had a bass blow up on the floating bbz to while burning it in and pausing

socalrippin
01-17-2009, 10:11 AM
i love my tt... its like a pet, i think im gonna get a fish tank for it so it stays happy when im not throwing it. know anyone with say like a 40 gal fish tank for sale?

samgann93
01-17-2009, 12:03 PM
Whats lure savers?

socalrippin
01-18-2009, 07:45 AM
Whats lure savers?

there replacements for the rings that connect the hook to the lure. there made to break before your line when your lure gets stuck. as long as your using heavy enough line that is. i still need to get some!