PDA

View Full Version : New to fishing network

carlsbadsurfer07
01-15-2009, 08:26 PM
I'm new to the site and just wanted to give it a shot. I'm going out to diamond tomorrow and was curious what the bass bites been like. I have yet to find the striper but not giving up. any suggestions would be great.

snag
01-15-2009, 08:55 PM
I'm new to the site and just wanted to give it a shot. I'm going out to diamond tomorrow and was curious what the bass bites been like. I have yet to find the striper but not giving up. any suggestions would be great.

Check the previous reports.....it's been slow but things may turn around a bit. The weather has been unseasonably warm lately for January.

Welcome to the board...look forward to reading your reports.

Tight lines Carlbdsrfr07

striper_hunter
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
the weather has been really nice and the wind very calm.... great for a nice day on the lake, but not so good for fishing. the stripers will be boiling across the lake on the big point EARLY in the morning, but even if you're first in line, run down the boat ramp, dive in your boat and race across the lake, you'll get no more than a few minutes of fishing before the sun get too high and sends them deep. for just about anything, you'll need to be fishing deep. we need another good storm system and some wind to get the conditions back on!!!

Fisherman57
01-15-2009, 08:56 PM
Welcome to the board!

Be sure to post a "hello" in the Welcome section also.....

Some great info on DVL can be found by simply searching the threads in this forum and you can REALLY get on the bite by hiring one of the guides that advertise here on FNN.......

Good luck out there and be sure to post a report and let us know how you did!

RamboBoy
01-15-2009, 09:17 PM
Welcome aboard!

Striper is slowly down since end of December until now January. Most l.m.b is boiling in East Dam at this time, but every where shoreline.

One little problem is the d.v.l. is opened at 7:00 a.m.

you will missed the opportunity striper boiling out there when the time is passed after 7:00 a.m.

Before the d.v.l. was opened at 6:30 a.m. (don't remember) it was opportunity for us to have time to walk to the East dam or get a rental boat to there, blast time fishing striper boiling last November 2008.

So hope you catch a fish out there...again welcomed aboard