PDA

View Full Version : Man Sues "Hooters" For...

smokinflies
01-15-2009, 06:29 PM
Heard about this on the radio today.:Shocked::ROFL:

Texan Man Sues Hooters For Gender Discrimination

Corpus Christi, TX -A man has filed a gender discrimination lawsuit against Hooters, claiming he applied for a serving position and was denied because he's a male.

Nikolai Grushevski unsuccessfully applied for a waiter's job with Hooters in May 2008. At the time, he claimed gender discrimination, but a complaint to the labor department went nowhere.

Now, he has a lawyer and has filed a federal lawsuit against Hooters. Grushevski's attorney, Martin Shellist, said he believes they have a strong case.

In his lawsuit, Shellist said, "Hooters attempts to circumvent the law by referring to its waiters as 'Hooters Girls'."

"I think we've got a strong case. I think if you take Hooters' logic to the extreme, it violates the law at every point. I think it's unfair," Shellist stated.

In the mid-90s, the federal courts ruled that Hooters was allowed to only employ girls as Hooters Girls, but Shellist said Grushevski's case is different.

The complaint said, "Grushevski applied to become a food server, not a Hooters Girl."

It also said that he is not trying to deprive Hooters of its right to employ Hooters Girls.

Hooters representatives said they do hire men, just not as servers, but Grushevski argued that position should be gender neutral.

Vice President for Hooters Restaurants in Texas, Mike Herrick, said it appears Grushevski is filing the lawsuit for the money.

"We think the case doesn't have any merit or that the suit doesn't have any merit. It's already been decided once," Herrick said.

However, Shellist said Hooters is not a sexually-oriented business and they are discriminating on gender. Then, he rhetorically asked 'so, what's stopping them from discriminating against race?'

"Especially in an economy like this, I don't know why a man or woman shouldn't have an equal chance to work," Shellist said.

Grushevski's lawyer wants to turn the case into a class-action lawsuit and find other men who claim they have also been discriminated against. He hopes the case will go before a jury sometime next year.

bsp
01-15-2009, 06:52 PM
Really? I am betting that this guy applied for a job there in order to be rejected so he could file a lawsuit.

DccFISHerMan
01-15-2009, 07:05 PM
Lmao king of the Hill had an episode like that

sansou
01-15-2009, 09:56 PM
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/kk274/sansou/0112_hooters_bn.jpg

olfishergal
01-15-2009, 10:28 PM
Did he have man boobs? Hire him.