PDA

View Full Version : %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

KaliDawgFan
01-15-2009, 04:08 PM
So I get pulled over on the way to work this morning. I'm thinking that maybe a tail light or brake light is out. He asks the usual," Do you know why I pulled you over?" I say no. He then says that he pulled me over because I was talking on my cell phone. Here's the kicker...my cell phone was in my pocket the whole time. I wasn't on the phone at all. I argued with him and even showed him my call logs and text logs to prove to him that I wasn't using it. The a$$h0le then says that I'm just making up excuses because I don't want a ticket. Of course I don't want the ticket j@ck@$$!!! I didn't do what you're accusing me of!!! Well, the jerk writes up the ticket and starts to say that if I think this ticket is in error to go to court before such and such date. I didn't even let him finish the sentence before I grabbed the ticket and said," God damned right it's in error. I didn't do anything wrong." He then asks me if I've ever been arrested before. I ask him," Are you threatening to arrest me for arguing with you? I gave you my license, registration and proof of insurance like you asked. I wasn't aware my first ammendment rights weren't valid on the side of the road." Good day, sir he says as he walks away. %@$*&^*@ cops!!!

smalweld
01-15-2009, 04:15 PM
Plead not guilty, pay the fine and take in your phone records. Then when you are at court, I would tell the judge exactly how you were treated also I would stop by the station ASAP and show it to his commanding officer or anyone that would listen. Your only problem that might not be on your side is that they could ask you " How do we know you were talking on YOUR phone and not someone elses." I would be bitching and at that police station letting them know of what happened and how you were treated.

Sean

Where's Sansou when you need him :)

HEMAN
01-15-2009, 04:18 PM
sucks man.. but you gotta go fight it... get ur phone records from the phn company.. and make sure the time on the ticket was right too!

KaliDawgFan
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
There was no one else in the car with me, and I only have one phone.

DccFISHerMan
01-15-2009, 04:19 PM
That suck ***. I knew we would be hearing stuff like this when that law passed. lol

troutdog
01-15-2009, 04:20 PM
Fight that sucker...how lame. At least you didn't get a ticket for putting on mascara while driving...oh yeah that is still legal.

What is this world coming too?!

TD

guest007
01-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Get back at this cop, man. Get those phone records and then go raise hell at his station. Be sure to mention "ACLU" and "civil rights" while your there. Then hopefully his superior officers will come down hard on him.

KaliDawgFan
01-15-2009, 04:29 PM
You better believe as soon as I get my phone records I'm fighting this thing.

tacklejunkie
01-15-2009, 04:31 PM
That law just gave cops a free excuse to pull anybody they want over, at any time they want.

Absolutely ridiculous.

Best of luck in your case. I'm on your side one million percent.

ThemBastards
01-15-2009, 04:56 PM
Yeah fight it in court, but the cop was just trying to do his job. Imagine being lied to everyday of your life all day long, and see how much of a sympathetic ear you have. Haha Sucks man, Atleast the Machida v Silva fight is coming up.

one_leg
01-15-2009, 05:03 PM
Sometimes when people pick their nose it looks like they are on a cell phone.

sansou
01-15-2009, 05:41 PM
Assuming you actually were not on the phone when he pulled you over & you don't want to miss a 1/2 day of work over it....this one is a cinch!

PM sent!

Nessie Hunter
01-16-2009, 07:32 AM
Wed I was driving a friend to his attorneys office..
He got T boned at a green light by a Woman on her cell Phone.

So, needless to say we have had a few conversations about that. (his car was totaled and I have been driving him to appointments)
He doesnt even own a cell phone, mine is surgically attached to my ear (blackberry in the car)....

Well we were in the #1 lane (fast lane) another older gentleman was diving near us in the #2 lane (slow lane)..
Both George & I were running this guy into the ground HARD for talking on his cell, for about a block....
Then the guy moves his hand and NO CELL PHONE?????
He was just lightly leaning his head on his cupped hand.......
10 seconds earlier, I would have sworn on a stack of Bibles that YES he was on the phone...............

Mistakes happen....
Yes, "every one" lies to the cops..
Tickets are not a personal attack...
Just a job.......
I wonder if fireman ever squirt water on houses that are NOT Burning???

KaliDawgFan
01-16-2009, 08:07 AM
Yeah fight it in court, but the cop was just trying to do his job. Imagine being lied to everyday of your life all day long, and see how much of a sympathetic ear you have.

I asked him if he wanted to see my call logs to prove that I wasn't on the phone and he said yes. Even after I showed him my last incoming and outgoing calls log he STILL didn't believe me. The guy is a jackass, plain and simple.

Koshaw
01-16-2009, 08:20 AM
Ya there are really good cops, and other types as well ;)

This one definitely falls into the other category :P

BTW Did you hear about the cop the other day who pulled over a lady having a baby and her hubby?

See they were going down the shoulder of the freeway...was bumper to bumper...and her water broke. They were rushing to the hospital.

The other cops saw them and let em go once they knew her condition and waved em on...cop after cop saw em and there was no prob.

Then this one cop pulled em over, wrote em tickets (few hundred bux worth) even though they explained about the other cops, she was having a baby etc. Luckily they got to the hospital on time and the baby was ok. The "department" is investigating and said the cop did the right thing :P

:P

chris
01-16-2009, 08:24 AM
[QUOTE=tacklejunkie;295236]That law just gave cops a free excuse to pull anybody they want over, at any time they want.QUOTE]

sure seems that way.
kinda like those sobriety check points that are always up around the holidays, i"m in a hurry and the last thing i need is to prove that i'm not drinking and prove i have a license,registration and insurance before im can continue on with my night, they work but a complete waste of my time

tacklejunkie
01-16-2009, 09:00 AM
Then, if you are in any way slightly unhappy about being pulled over for being on the cellphone (that was really in your pocket), the cop might get angry with you and beat you down. If you try and lift your hands in defense of the baton striking you, in jumps his buddy to put his knee in your neck. Then they think you have a gun and shoot you in the head.

And you die because they think you were on your cellphone.

Did anyone see the guy who was killed by a cop while already under submission of another? It's getting a lil ridiculous. You have to be extremely careful when you drive.. it could be your last trip in so many ways. If it's not someone shooting at you for going the speed limit instead of speeding it's the cops thinking you have a gun and shooting you because you weren't on your cellphone.

Drive with both hands on the wheel and 5 miles above the speed limit and you'll be safe! :EyePop::Rolls Eyes: It's BS!
I hardly even want to drive anymore.

ThemBastards
01-16-2009, 09:07 AM
I asked him if he wanted to see my call logs to prove that I wasn't on the phone and he said yes. Even after I showed him my last incoming and outgoing calls log he STILL didn't believe me. The guy is a jackass, plain and simple.

Yeah as I was reading your story I was thinking dude show him your call logs then you said that you did and he didn't care :Confused: That's wrong, a waste of court time to make you fight something that he knows for a fact you didn't do.

tacklejunkie
01-16-2009, 09:08 AM
Yeah as I was reading your story I was thinking dude show him your call logs then you said that you did and he didn't care :Confused: That's wrong, a waste of court time to make you fight something that he knows for a fact you didn't do.

They don't care, it's probably your tax dollars or something paying for the time in court. As long as he meets his quota..

MAVERICK27
01-16-2009, 09:38 AM
I feel for you. there are bad people in every profession. Perhaps you should change the title to"Officer ____ Sucks" How would we like it if someone posts "fishermen are jerks" because one was rude.

No excuses for his behavior, but generalization doesn't help the GOOD cops care about their jobs and want to do well. Just food for thought. This guy is a person too. Probably had a bad day, divorcing, can't pay bills because all overtime is cut back, people lie to him all day etc....

one_leg
01-16-2009, 09:41 AM
This guy is a person too. Probably had a bad day, divorcing, can't pay bills because all overtime is cut back, people lie to him all day etc....

Maybe he had planned on becoming a Professional Tennis player and he couldn't cut it so he is bitter?

boxl0bster
01-16-2009, 10:53 AM
that is total bs ryan, i feel for ya. im guessing the phone log should clear things up. i had to clear up a fix it ticket at a local chp station and the officer that checked my car was a total newb, he had this huge power trip and was checking my entire car for other violations. he started to say this and that on my car was illegal. i have nothing on my car except that tint they got me for. i offered to take him to the local dealership to show him all the new cars that looked exactly like mine. he quickly shutup and wrote me off for the fix it and i was on my way. i think a lot of them dont want to be proven wrong. good luck with your ticket.

CASTAWAY
01-16-2009, 11:56 AM
That's not right. You mean he didn't tell you to put your
hands on that hot hood and search your vehicle? Everytime I get
pulled over they tell me to put my hands on the hot hood and
spread em'. Then they search my persons before they search my
car. I thought that was procedure. You even had a few choice words
for him and he didn't call for backup. It must be nice......

I want a ticket without a harrassment.....lol......

I support my local Anaheim PD. They do a great job.......

NoHo ART
01-16-2009, 12:08 PM
our cops are underpaid? and they need a bigger budget?... to get more cops! ........ FOR WHAT? you think they are actually willingly gonna fight crime? OR are they gonna add 2 more arrogant pigs on the boulevard you drive to work 5 days a week.. to hide and to give you a ticket for driving 45 mph in a 40 mph zone because you are running late to work to work you @$$ off so some of your hard earned money can pay there monthly salary?

KaliDawgFan
01-16-2009, 01:25 PM
Everytime I get pulled over they tell me to put my hands on the hot hood and spread em'.

That's because you're gangster Cast.

MAVERICK27
01-16-2009, 02:17 PM
Damn, Noho, are you bitter? ;) I meant that everyone is human. To say that "cops are this and that...is generalized. Not all cops are bad...not all fishermen are bitter. I can tell you that there are far more cops that like their jobs and do the right thing. Unfortunately, society only hears about the bad ones.

This gentelman's experience was very bad and I feel for him, but how often does someone post anything on the internet when a cop does something nice. Because let me tell you........it happens much more than a bad one giving an unfair ticket.

I'm not defending anyone. If this was about doctors or UPS men, i'd be saying the same thing.....

NoHo ART
01-16-2009, 02:38 PM
Damn, Noho, are you bitter? ;) I meant that everyone is human. To say that "cops are this and that...is generalized. Not all cops are bad...not all fishermen are bitter. I can tell you that there are far more cops that like their jobs and do the right thing. Unfortunately, society only hears about the bad ones.

This gentelman's experience was very bad and I feel for him, but how often does someone post anything on the internet when a cop does something nice. Because let me tell you........it happens much more than a bad one giving an unfair ticket.

I'm not defending anyone. If this was about doctors or UPS men, i'd be saying the same thing.....

i wouldn't call bitter .... im just speaking from my won experience ... out of hundreds of times i had to deal with a cop/cop's only 3 of them have actually been cool.... and 2 of those 3 i had to deal with was on christmas eve so that could be why they where cool?
that's just my experience .... is it maybe because of the way i look or the car's i drive, the neighborhood i happen to be in...

croix01
01-16-2009, 02:45 PM
im with ya bro...**** the cops...the sherrif... and anything one to do with lawenforcement......ive been harrasd...for no reason...they once charged with possesion because my car smelld like smoke....i didnt have anything on me i let them search my car and everything even the dog came and sniff my farts..and nothing they just said the dog fouing something and never told me waht it was...and yeah i went a pleded not guilty and i won...that was after 3 times of going to court and testify....**** the cops

ThemBastards
01-16-2009, 03:36 PM
im with ya bro...**** the cops...the sherrif... and anything one to do with lawenforcement......ive been harrasd...for no reason...they once charged with possesion because my car smelld like smoke....i didnt have anything on me i let them search my car and everything even the dog came and sniff my farts..and nothing they just said the dog fouing something and never told me waht it was...and yeah i went a pleded not guilty and i won...that was after 3 times of going to court and testify....**** the cops

I got one for ya, how about **** potheads that think it's ok to smoke and drive. How does that sound(yes I know you weren't smoking in your car that time, but why does it smell like smoke)?

Cop Busting You for DWI---->:Cool: :Envious: <--- You thinking you are smarter than the cop and the system, and that you can "Hippie Argue" your way out of trouble Judge finding you guilty----> :Smash: Your Buzz being harshed ------>:Sad: :Group Hug: <------------ A family celebrating a sons birthday because you didn't TBone the family minivan on your to AM PM to get some munchies you damn Hippie

Hahahah a little dramatic I know Haha

MAVERICK27
01-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I get ya Noho....another shame that due to where you live and what you drive can influence your contacts with the police. That does suck.

Some are choices..like the guy that got harrassed for pot smell...people who are doing legal things dont have that in thier car...He chose to smoke that and there a consequences. We choose what we drive and where we go. Life isnt fair sometimes..

I'd like to pick up fishing gear in the ghetto, but the reality is..I can't take my family there. I do appreciate honest input like that though, its very interesting to see how other people see life through their experiences.

Bottom line...USA is FREE, but there are some things that you still shouldn't do..even if we are free to do so...

PureAle
01-16-2009, 05:26 PM
yeah i got to agree thats pretty F&*#@% UP!!!!

fight it.

PureAle

Wallco1
01-18-2009, 10:11 AM
What you could have done. If you were positive you were right and your cell phone call logs backed you up you could have embarrassed that guy bad. You should have told him you want a supervisor out there and make him call for one (your right). I bet he would have let you go then. He does not want his Sargent or lieutenant to chew his ***.

ghetto dad
01-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Another case of the white man trying to keep us brothas down KD.....
That sucks man.....fight it

GD

exfactor
01-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Print this post in your local newspaper. There probably are some sympathetic attorneys out there that may help you. Also, it gets the public attention, and provides precedent for other similar occurances.

Troutman65
01-18-2009, 07:34 PM
That's because you're gangster Cast.

You think KD ? :ROFL:

DarkShadow
01-19-2009, 11:10 AM
I love the police.

I'd love them even more if they arrived quicker to my house than the driver at Dominos when I order a pizza.

olfishergal
01-19-2009, 12:18 PM
I had a similar experience...got stopped for speeding and a fat ticket to boot.......(Yah the old lady has a lead foot.) I get one about every 10 -15 years or so.......anyway, the cop said "I noticed you were using your cell phone." Funny thing is this...........Sorry officer, you are mistaken since I forgot my phone and it is at home on the table. There is no cell phone in this car" "Please feel free to check the car yourself." No apology, nothing OK is all he said. charming........what a jerk. OFG

CASTAWAY
01-19-2009, 01:48 PM
You think KD ? :ROFL:

Don't hate me because I catch fish.hahahahahaha:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

WaterBound
01-19-2009, 06:57 PM
I personally use attorney Robert A. Koenig. His reps number is Mark Sadhigi at 1-888-244-4447. I know it looked like a fake number to me at first as well. His office is in Glendale. FYI I have NEVER lost a traffic case in LA County, since he has been representing me. This guy is that BAD ***. I was referred to him by my old frat friends who regularly get pulled over for DUIs. None of them have EVER been convicted. My other friend's who get DUIs, and go it alone, get the book thrown at them. I personally don't drink and drive so that does not ever apply to me, however you get the idea of how good this guy is. If Sansou's advise does not work and you need a traffic attorney give my guy a call. If he represents you, then all you do is go to his office, pay him and he will take care of the rest. He can also REMOVE past points on your record. You DO NOT have to go to court or testify or anything. Another thing is next time bring a small recording device with you in your car. BEFORE you sign the ticket you can question him all you want. Such things as his actual vantage point when he witnessed your alleged crime as well as whether or not the vehicle's recording device captured the evidence of your alleged crime. You can legally view the recordings before you make your plea (at the courthouse if it exists). AFTER you sign the ticket the officer can leave the scene without answering ANY of your questions. Also try and keep it COOL. I know you were upset and all because you were wrongly accused, however he COULD have arrested you. Remember it is your word against his. In the courtroom it is not as important what you SAY really happened as much as what you can PROVE really happened. I know that at the Twin Towers jail what they do to the troublemakers is handcuff them naked and leave them on cold concrete even if they defecate on themselves.

one_leg
01-20-2009, 10:14 AM
I personally use attorney Robert A. Koenig. His reps number is Mark Sadhigi at 1-888-244-4447. I know it looked like a fake number to me at first as well. His office is in Glendale. FYI I have NEVER lost a traffic case in LA County, since he has been representing me. This guy is that BAD ***. I was referred to him by my old frat friends who regularly get pulled over for DUIs. None of them have EVER been convicted. My other friend's who get DUIs, and go it alone, get the book thrown at them. I personally don't drink and drive so that does not ever apply to me, however you get the idea of how good this guy is. If Sansou's advise does not work and you need a traffic attorney give my guy a call. If he represents you, then all you do is go to his office, pay him and he will take care of the rest. He can also REMOVE past points on your record. You DO NOT have to go to court or testify or anything. Another thing is next time bring a small recording device with you in your car. BEFORE you sign the ticket you can question him all you want. Such things as his actual vantage point when he witnessed your alleged crime as well as whether or not the vehicle's recording device captured the evidence of your alleged crime. You can legally view the recordings before you make your plea (at the courthouse if it exists). AFTER you sign the ticket the officer can leave the scene without answering ANY of your questions. Also try and keep it COOL. I know you were upset and all because you were wrongly accused, however he COULD have arrested you. Remember it is your word against his. In the courtroom it is not as important what you SAY really happened as much as what you can PROVE really happened. I know that at the Twin Towers jail what they do to the troublemakers is handcuff them naked and leave them on cold concrete even if they defecate on themselves.

Sounds like :Spam: to me!!!

They sound like a real bunch of winners, in court at least. You don't get pulled over for DUI's, do you? I thought that you get pulled over for suspicion of being intoxicated, am I right?. Do you think it is possible that your alcoholic, drunk driving, ignorant friends were actually NOT intoxicated under the legal definition of the law? What were their BAC levels at the time the officers detained them for investigation of DUI? Maybe they are just the bragging type that get a real kick out of exaggerating the little dramas in their ho hum lives in order to make others think that they are some kinda geniuses that are able to outwit the authorities all the time. Is it possible that they consider it all to be just a little game to them? BTW, I don't know of anyone that drives better when they even a little bit buzzed.

Just how do they handcuff the inmates at TT Jail in order to cause them to deficate on themselves? Do they hang them upside down or something like that? I would think that if a person were naked that all they would have to do is drop a duece on the floor and that would be the end of it, unless they were mentally ill and they didn't see any need not to deficate upon themselves. From what I understand, the Twin Towers houses our nations largest mental institution. Do they make them clean it up too?

greeper
01-22-2009, 10:51 AM
I personally use attorney Robert A. Koenig. I know that at the Twin Towers jail what they do to the troublemakers is handcuff them naked and leave them on cold concrete even if they defecate on themselves.

You're an idiot:!!!: