PDA

View Full Version : Ask BingJr

troutdog
01-15-2009, 01:02 AM
It has recently come to my attention that FNN's BingJr has become highly sought out for the valuable knowledge that he has accumulated through his diverse schooling, extensive training, life experiences and wisdom gained by other people's mistakes. I noticed this recently when I ironically enough called for some advice about juvenile bearded dragons and Lake Trinity smallmouth bass feeding patterns in the spring, when an automated voice announced an approximate wait time of 25 minutes until I could speak to him. :Shocked:

Luckily for me after 45 seconds of elevator music "The Binger" comes on the line and says "hey brah I'm sorry but I'm on line 3 with Rooster who wants an easy cheez fondue recipe, I got Lizzay with a Makita in his hand ready to mount some rod holders on his boat waiting on line 2 and Jimmy holding on line 5 asking for grooming advice, can I call you back?" .....after catching his breath he exclaims "oh yeah and I got TO on line 4 wanting to discuss the origins of native American trolling for inland stripers!" :LOL:

In an effort to free up some time and keep the phone bills down I would suggest we finally give Bing a break and ask any questions to be patiently answered on this thread. Knowing my buddy like I do all questions are welcome, just use good judgement and refrain from hotseat questions that may compromise his real identity...you got question about bass? Ask Binger the ex-tournament bass fisherman. You want to talk stripers? Check out the avatar and you know you are in good hands. Need a special crawdad recipe to impress that special someone in your life...ask "BraddahBing"! Interested in someone elses opinion or torn on a particular subject...ask the Binger for sage advice and insight. :Wink:

I'll start it off....

Binger if you could go striper fishing anywhere in Ca for 4-5 days of fishing where would it be? What month would you go? Are you opposed to baiting down for stripeys if that was hitting or would you primarily stick to artificials and be a striper snob?

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj285/troutdog_photobucket/HittsOnTeam57Day065.jpg

Thanks for your time Binger, you da man!

Your friend TD

Dan_the_Man
01-15-2009, 02:26 AM
TD .... You hit it right on the head. I have to add to this because the topic lends itself to opening the door.

( Bingjr, don't get all Sheepheaded )
http://fishingnetwork.net/forum4/showthread.php?t=27864

Bingjr won't tell you he doesn't have the time for you. He will never shove you off. If he has to he does ask to call you back, and does. Bingjr's heart is so big ( my experience ) he will sacrafice whatever time he has to assist others. Since I've known him and his wonderful family over the years, he has always been a true friend. I have not known that in years in anyone. And although he has a household of six including himself, he always finds time.

If you have questions, having his number to chat is one thing but if it relates to fishing, PM him..... that's my thought. He, I am sure won't say otherwise but there's alot on my buddy's plate at all times of everyday. He don't realize that is why sometimes I have to break from constant invites to his home, I have alot of respect for his wife and him and their everyday lives. I feel like I am too much on them sometimes, that's me.

Haha - I have to say though, recipes, fishing, common sense, he doesn't lack and the greatest thing I see, if he don't know he asks his wife.... great team thoughs two....great family.

All My Best Buddy - don't let the phones blow up too much.
" Friends don't let friends use 4 lines"... lol j/k

Dan_the_Man

yamafish
01-15-2009, 07:03 AM
Scott truly is a wealth of Knowledge! He used to tour on the bass circuit
I'm honored to say he is a friend of mine!

I Still want to go out for those stripers bro.

See ya Sat

Rodger - YamaFish

BingJr
01-15-2009, 01:37 PM
Binger if you could go striper fishing anywhere in Ca for 4-5 days of fishing where would it be? What month would you go? Are you opposed to baiting down for stripeys if that was hitting or would you primarily stick to artificials and be a striper snob?

Your friend TD

Wow, Thanks for the kind words. Love you guys too.

Now to the questions at hand.

I would probably say DVL in California, and Mead in the West. It would be in the fall, Oct/Nov. I have no problem baiting, its the waiting that drives me nutz but there are times (like the spring) where you can catch numbers of quality fish on bait. At Mead you just replace anchovies with a hopkins spoon and you get the same results. I would take a 5lb+ striper on a surface plug - Zara Spook/Punker etc etc over any other fish lure combo in fresh water. And it is right up there with catching yellowfin on surface iron. Even though I spend most of my time trolliing, I would still take casting surface plugs for boiling stripers over any other fishing there is. With 4-5 days to diagnose the fish and bait situation, you could really hit em hard.

I plan on doing someting very similar this year, grabbing a hotel in hemet for a couple of days and really dialing em in if the lake isnt closed to the public due to lack of water by then.

FYI, I answer all types of questions, whether I know anything about it or not! lol

one_leg
01-15-2009, 01:59 PM
Hey Bing Jr., I am getting tired off my stringers breaking when I get a lot of heavy fish on them and I try to light it into the boat. Should I switch to a heavier stringer or a fish basket when LMB fishing?

KaliDawgFan
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
Hey Scott, is there such a thing as a banzai tree forest?

lizzay
01-15-2009, 04:13 PM
I love BingJr! I feel fourtunate to live less than 2 minutes from his house, but knowing how busy of a guy he is I don't dare bother him in his own sanctuary. Hey Bing, I still need you to mount the graph on my boat, run the wires probably to a pergo switch and may I also add the rod holders and I get bored sometimes and just want to cruise the lake in my slowass boat so a nice marine radio custom installed in my built in cooler with a few speakers flush mounted on the sides would be great. So when is good for you?????

I always try to find my answers online even knowing that the answer is just a dial away but I'd rather leave the man alone. Hence the reason why he gives me those quick talks about why don't I just call him. Well bud, I don't really know what to say but I'm sure TDs post explains enough to you about your busy day to day life.

Bing, if you were a women without the beer belly and with long silky hair I might just... Well... You're a good man buddy!!!!

BingJr
01-15-2009, 05:23 PM
Hey Bing Jr., I am getting tired off my stringers breaking when I get a lot of heavy fish on them and I try to light it into the boat. Should I switch to a heavier stringer or a fish basket when LMB fishing?

LMB's Thrive in a wire basket. I recommend a wire basket attached to the boat with a chain stringer. That way if you get one that is too big for the basket you can hook it on the chain stringer (use two clips) and you can drown it quickly dragging it alongside the boat. Always good to be prepared I say.

BingJr
01-15-2009, 05:27 PM
Hey Scott, is there such a thing as a banzai tree forest?

This is a very complex question and one that Taoists would love. It is really based on your perception, which as we all know is a huge determiner of how happy or not we are in life. To an ant or a beetle of course there is such a thing as a Banzai tree forest. To many astute humans they would also agree this can be the case. For those of us who cannot see the forest for the trees, they would say of course not. Knowing you KD, I would say you too believe in the Banzai Forest!

Binger!

calico killer kevin
01-15-2009, 07:44 PM
If a tree falls in an uninhabited forest, does it make a sound?
Now that is the question young padawan...

BingJr
01-15-2009, 09:29 PM
If a tree falls in an uninhabited forest, does it make a sound?
Now that is the question young padawan...

Of course it makes a sound, the sound waves just do not fall upon the taught skin of the human ear drum.

Santa Fe Eric
01-15-2009, 11:27 PM
Please bring modern day meaning to this classic by Dylan Thomas.

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,
Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

BingJr
01-16-2009, 09:46 AM
Please bring modern day meaning to this classic by Dylan Thomas.

I will just decipher it line by line rather than give a full dissertation on my thoughts on the overall impact of the work.

Do not go gentle into that good night, - Keep the radio loud on the way to irvine for some good Friday night Catfishing.
Old age should burn and rave at close of day; old folks should get a discount on admission to the vine after 4:00.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. If the crappie light goes out you will be pissed.
Though wise men at their end know dark is right, After a WFO catfish bite, you know night time is the right time for those kitties.
Because their words had forked no lightning they - Trolly believes in being very very quiet while fishing the kitties!
Do not go gentle into that good night. Celebrate up at the store before you launch with a couple of cold ones and some good FNN'rs.
Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright - Troutdog complaining that he wishes it would hury up and get dark already. Impatiently awaiting the start of the Dodger game while fishing the kitties.
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay, - The packers should have never let Favre go.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. Heading out to the first kittie spot with anticipation racing through your veins.
Wild men who caught and seng the sunfish in flight, - Team panfish hurrying out to fill the baskets on a warm summers night.
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way, - Seeing the giant stringers of kitties, they now realize they should have brough some mackeral instead of just crapipe jigs.
go gentle into that good night. - slow down, its a no wake lake bro!
Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight - Patrick shining his flashlight into your eyes warning you to have your glow sticks and stickers visible at all times. It can be deadly at night without those glowsticks.
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, - Blind Eyes = Beer Gogles often worn by Jimmy and the women who date him.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. And you, my father, there on the sad height, - Me making fun of Troutdog (who is much older than I, he could be my father) When my giant kittie eats his in the livewell.
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light. - meeting at the store after closing hours , sipping a cold one, talking about the great catches and the one that got away!

I hope this lends some clarification to this timeless classic so often quoted in our modern media.

troutdog
01-16-2009, 09:51 AM
I hope this lends some clarification to this timeless classic so often quoted in our modern media.

An instant FNN classic, that was great Binger! :ROFL:

TD

MAVERICK27
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
I agree!! The Bingr family had our family over for New Year's Eve this year. Thank you guys, we had a blast...too bad I was so tired.

Some of you may not know this but....Bing can play the hell out of some Rock Band drums too!!!! See ya Saturday Buddy!

crappiemike
01-16-2009, 10:32 AM
cool thread, any stock in FNN yet?

cm

troutdog
01-16-2009, 10:37 AM
cool thread, any stock in FNN yet?

cm

The Dow Industrial shows FNN stock up 8.5% since this thread started :Cool:

TD

Santa Fe Eric
01-17-2009, 12:43 AM

:Applause::Applause::Applause:

Excelent work my friend!
If this thread makes it to the end of the week, I may ask you to interpret a section "The Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock"

I should have been a pair of ragged claws
Scuttling across the floor of silent seas

:ROFL: