PDA

View Full Version : Afternoon Session 1-14-09

Vision246
01-14-2009, 11:48 PM
Could not get myself out of bed early so I decided to hit up the "Jewel" again on my day off. Get there at about 1pm and decided to fish a few points down from striper point this time. Started by throwing the BBZ floater once again and had no love. An hour passed and I tried for the largies with a scrounger head and let me tell you it was on!!!! 6 fish in about a two hour span. Reaction Innovation Beaver was the ticket behind the Aaron Martens 1/4 oz scrounger. My friends who have been here the past few day's have been getting fish on the White Norman's, but I wanted to see....just see what was really going on. I threw the white Norman Deep little N and had a few hits but no hookups. Headed my way back to the Marina and stopped off at the first point before the patrol boat went around to kick everyone out. I threw the KPN bait this time and I tell ya I got exploded on big time!!!! Splash attack!!!!!! Monster hit, I hookup and im fighting the fish for a minute or so, and what I thought was a huge striper, turned out to be a 8lb Brown Trout!!!!!! It was Freakin Amazing!!! damn this thing was b-e-a utiful. I am disssapointed because I was the only one there and I left my phone in the stupid car:Angry::

This goes to show you never know what you going to catch at the "Jewel" of SoCal:Big Grin:

Thanks Stephen for letting me use the KPN, I knew it was the Ticket!!!!

ghost2uu
01-15-2009, 06:55 AM
congrats on the brownie thats sick

tpfishnfool
01-15-2009, 07:09 AM
Sorry Bro , we need proof !! So did you release the brown ?

Vision246
01-15-2009, 07:14 AM
Yes the fish was released back into the water as the rest of my fish alway's are. No picture needed to know that was my catch of the year at the "Jewel".
Hopefully next time out I will remember to bring my camera along, just in case a catch of a lifetime happens.

Until next time...........

Vizzzziiiioooooon OUT!!!!!!!

kpn
01-15-2009, 07:28 AM
Did you catch the brown on the trout pattern lure?

NICE CATCH.

KPN.

TrouTracker
01-15-2009, 10:54 AM
To V- Nice report from the Jewel. You should be commended for releasing the holdover brown trout! Most people would have put it in their cooler to show everyone at home. Your holdover must have been the one's put in a couple of years ago that were around 10". That's really fantastic news for the hardcore DVL veterans that have waited so patiently for the brownies to get big. With all the plentiful food sources, it's great to see them growing so nicely..........
Barry A. Ogawa

Josh D
01-15-2009, 12:03 PM
I had no idea they put browns in there, very cool!
Congratulations!!

matt duarte
01-15-2009, 12:58 PM
damn dude a 8lb brownie! thats freakin awesome! good job bro! whats a kpn lure?

lurk 182
01-15-2009, 01:14 PM
damn dude a 8lb brownie! thats freakin awesome! good job bro! whats a kpn lure?

oh no you didn't!

that must have been pretty awesome stuff, congrats. something that rare you gotta expect some doubters w/o pics though. everybody knows they're in there though, so who's gonna call b/s.

DKCbassman
01-15-2009, 02:01 PM
Way to stay on the fish at DVL. The KPN lure works everywhere! Some custom colors would be nice.........Hint Hint. Cmon KPN bring out that new stuff.

ZplugJunkie
01-15-2009, 02:36 PM
Are you serious! Crap dude, Congrats! What an unique catch man. How'd did it crush it? Call me Asap! Again congrats bro.

Kpn,
He caught it on a Trout color plug.

Vision246
01-15-2009, 03:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the solid comments, and I am very excited to have caught a fish that has been in there for so long. I told my son when I got home and he was very excited. I told him next wednesday I was going to take him out on a rental boat. The day off for me is Wednesday and it seems like those wil be DVL fishin day's!! KPN and Stephen thanks for the tips and the bait works great for all species I guess. Thats probably the trout of my life and im sad I did not have a camera with me to show everyone that wonderful fish. I just need a KPN bait of my own so Stephen can start using his again hahaha!!

Until next time..........

Pudd Legend
01-15-2009, 08:18 PM
I knew 2009 was going to produce a trophy brown! Nice job man. What kind of line did you fight that beast on?

Vision246
01-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Thanks Pudd,

yeah its a great way to start off the new year!!! I was using 25lb Cuda line in the green. That stuff is strong like goat rope. Hopefully the next fish will be a Striper or a huge LMB. Hope this helps. The next Striper will be for Gary, and trust me they will feel the STEEL!!!

Until next time.........

steve092
01-19-2009, 04:35 PM
Congrats on the brownie!

THROWBACK RANGER
01-19-2009, 05:15 PM
what your selling, i aint buying.. that would have been a lake record!!! nice try though!!!

TroutOnly
01-19-2009, 05:56 PM
DUDE YOU SHOULD HAVE KILLED IT THEN HAVE A MOUNTING DONE,SOME WOULD HAVE HATED ON YOU FOR KILLING IT BUT THEN ALL THE DOUBTERS WOULD NOT GET A CHANCE SPOUT OFF EITHER,IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE TO SEE IT JUST TO THE SHOW THE PEOPLE WHAT A REAL KILLER PREDATOR THE BROWNS ARE,,,IM VERY GLAD YOU WERE THROWING A KPN I KNOW KHAN WILL BE VERY PROUD,,,t/o

THROWBACK RANGER
01-19-2009, 05:57 PM
i got a 9 pound brown but i ran out of space on my memory card so no pics.

THROWBACK RANGER
01-19-2009, 06:00 PM
I told my son when I got home and he was very excited.

so you lied to your kid too!!!! damm shame...

BundyKnowsBest
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
i got a 9 pound brown but i ran out of space on my memory card so no pics.

Dont be.........

JEA

BundyKnowsBest
01-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Lous!!!!!!!!

one_leg
01-19-2009, 06:06 PM
It is so unfortunate that these things happen when nobody is around to take a pic for you.

DVL has had a lot less pressure since the PB closure.

If you had lit a cigarette and popped the top on a cold one the sherriff would have been there PDQ.

Then they could have taken your pic(s). Personal Best Brown @ DVL and a Mugshot.

We should be seeing more and more of these before too long I hope.

TroutOnly
01-19-2009, 06:22 PM
Damn throwback youre quite the hater on the brownies and the people who catch them,,,,,,,you can hate on me all day the next four days in a row i will playing with them at the pvr and the river i'll have to sling some kpns in youre honor,,,lol,,,

Vision246
01-19-2009, 09:27 PM
Thanks guy's I know there are alot of people that may not believe what I caught but im not concerned about what they think. Just because they cant do it, its not my fault. T/O your the trout man and we know whats going on out there. Brownie at DVL are out there and if your lucky enough to get em, you get em. Call it a fluke, but I call it a 8lb brown.

im Izzzout!!!!!

BundyKnowsBest
01-20-2009, 12:43 AM
well said vision246

skildfisher
01-20-2009, 01:23 AM
I know for a fact of 2 separate browns that've been caught at DVL in 08 and have seen the proof pics of both. I wouldn't call visions claim a lie and don't doubt he got one in the 8 pound range. On a plug is the even cooler part.

Great Job bud and dont let this playa hater get to you, hope you can get your son on some action this week!

Vision246
01-20-2009, 09:55 AM
I plan to take my son fishing tomorrow out there on a rental boat since its my day off from the Toyota dealership. Works a little slow considering today's economic situation. Oil changes and tune-ups are a little pricey and people tend to find different avenues of doing it themselves for a cheaper price. Besides that I hope the bite will be decent. I am planning to work the morning with plugs then if that doesnt pan out, then an hour or two of trolling. The Boy is with me and I need to get him on something, maybe some trout fishing in between. Hopefully its consistent no matter what the species, I am not picky. Thanks again guy's for the vote of sportsmanship and I hope to see all of you on the water someday..........hopefully soon.

As John Chapman would say with his hands on his hips and a fast turning motion
"Hey what up?"

kpn
01-20-2009, 10:12 AM
Vision246,
This time out.....make sure you take the camera with you :ROFL:. Good luck out there with your son bro.

KPN.

StriperEye
01-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Congrats on your brown!! Take a camera and good luck on your next outing with the kid.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-20-2009, 04:21 PM
so freakin SAWEET !...
Congrats on the fine catch......and yes "you have chosen wisely" (Raiders of the lost ark !) in throwing the KPN...

Must have been an awesome blowup and an awesome fight..

A HUGE congrats ....
Salute.....I bet I know what you'll be throwing next time !!!!!!!

Nice work..
Gary

Vision246
01-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Gary,

The blowup was huge and the fight was pretty amazing for a trout on a plug bait. I never knew they were that aggressive in hitting a bait that large and in charge. Its like hooking on of those brown brutes in the Bass Pro Shops. I think we both know what baits the ticket to success, SSSSSSSHHHHHHH KPN!!!!!!!!!
These fish are there and people are not catching them quite often to not at all. I consider myself fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time.

The day was at its end.............. the water erupted...........it was on and the STEEL was felt.

Gary, I owe it to you my knowledgeable friend.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-21-2009, 09:30 AM
Gary,

The blowup was huge and the fight was pretty amazing for a trout on a plug bait. I never knew they were that aggressive in hitting a bait that large and in charge. Its like hooking on of those brown brutes in the Bass Pro Shops. I think we both know what baits the ticket to success, SSSSSSSHHHHHHH KPN!!!!!!!!!
These fish are there and people are not catching them quite often to not at all. I consider myself fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time.

The day was at its end.............. the water erupted...........it was on and the STEEL was felt.

Gary, I owe it to you my knowledgeable friend.

I can relate, when I was a teenager I nailed a HUGE brown up in yosemite in mirror lake (actually just a creek now), it was over 2 ft long and nailed a black knat drug behind a water bubble....when that sucka struck and got hooked, I swear he FLEW 3 feet out of the water...it was AMAZING.....I remember it like yesterday even though it was years ago...I never weighed it and I didn't get a photo either, that fish was so awesome I had to let it live.

Props to you for releasing it and it is ashamed that you couldnt get a pic but you'll allways have that memory locked in as I do...

Saweet..

ZPLUG
10-18-2012, 03:18 PM
I salute you!!!! You my friend have inspired me to search for the elusive 8 pound DVL Brown.

stocker
10-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Thx for the report and congrats on the catch. I'm heading back up to ID and if I want big fish I know what to throw!!! AWESOME JOB.