PDA

View Full Version : perris 1/14/2008

CPRfisher
01-14-2009, 09:55 PM
hit up perris this morning arrived at the lake around 1030am we fished till 4pm on boat hitting up various areas of the lake. We started out throwing some topwater swimbaits but with no wind had no luck. Moved over to the tire reef area and tried jiggn to no avail. I did see alot of fish on the finder in this area though but no takers. not sure on the kind of fish either though. Next we hit up the spillway area in some deeep water. I saw what looked like bait on the finder near the bottom and dropped the jig down. When the lure was almost to the bottom i felt a thump and set the hook. started reeling and felt a little weight wasnt sure if it was a fish or not. Got it to the top and what do you know my lure somehow snagged a decent size gill right on the side of the poor guy. Dropped back down and moved around in that area trying same method and no hits. called it a day. Even though it was a slow fishing day the weather was perfect and think i got a nice tan.

also when i got back to the ramp at the end of the day saw about 10 ppl on the ramp going for trout. When i walked by them to get my car i saw a big school of trout nice sized probably some even reaching 5lbs. I asked the guys how they were doing and no one had got a bite even though all of them had been throwing to that school. so hopefully that nice school gets off the ramp out into open water and grows even more for me to catch later...

Anyway ill post a pic later when i get back home.....

smitty99
01-14-2009, 10:07 PM
good effort, thanks for the report

not sure how much truth there is to it but i have heard fish will 'slap' or bump at a lure/prey with their tail or body and that is why sometimes you foul hook them

not sure though but that would maybe explain some of the foul hooks i've had

happens sometimes to me with salmon up in the PNW too

fishntime
01-15-2009, 12:18 AM
I too was there this morning, and I hit up all the usual spots. And ended up with not even one hit. Oh well, still a nice day on the water considering I havent had the boat out since late November. Better luck next time.