PDA

View Full Version : Sue and Siouxk hit the Vine 01/14/09

Sue
01-14-2009, 02:49 PM
I took today off in lieu of having to work over New Years, and met up with Siouxk at the Vine at 5.30am. (She took pics, I don't have any - again! LOL!)
The staff were stressing, the computers went down and so we had to go into the tackle shop to pay, then the credit card terminal went down!

Finally, we were able to rent a pontoon and headed off in the awful winds over to the flats.

Bloody anchors are useless, even worse so in that wind. We got pushed into the weeds, then the anchor rope got caught round the prop and we ended up having to call the patrol out to help us out! :ROFL:
We then headed back to the boat dock because I'd lost my phone, but fortunately, Santiago had found it and handed it over. Big thanks, Santiago!!! That's not just a phone - it's my PDA/lifeline/entire life is in there! :UDaMan:

We then headed over to the West Shore, and while being buffeted around by the wind, I managed to hook up on a small trout. I was gonna release, but did a crappy job of taking the hook out and he started bleeding :Embarrassed:

After that, we tried Sierra Cove and then back to the boat dock, all to no avail.

Met a really cool guy who landed a 12 1/2lber, though. He doesn't post on here but he bought a boat off one of you lot! Sorry dude, didn't catch your name but it was good talking to you! :LOL:

It got to around 12pm, and Jimmy called and told me to get my arse up to the shop for lunch, so we packed up and headed on up there for cheeseburgers.
Sioux had had a Newcastle Brown or two, so she headed off to the truck to sleep while I hung out with Jimmy and Whitney for an hour.

Had a fun day, and I was disappointed that Siouxk never got to catch any fish as she hasn't really punked the :Skunk: at the 'vine yet.

All in all it was a good time, I just hope the weather calms down for Saturday 'cos the wind sucked bum! :Crying:

Mondo21
01-14-2009, 03:32 PM
Freakin wind... I'm sure it will be a better day Saturday. I've been watching the weather,so far no wind.
Fishing with Friends.... Priceless. Hope we get to see some pics from your Friend Siouxk. See you on Saturday. Cindy:Big Grin:

Hitts0n
01-14-2009, 04:33 PM
gOOD REPORT MATE! wE WILL GET UM SATURDAY!:Razz:

Fisherman57
01-14-2009, 05:25 PM
Newcastles & Cheeseburgers, sounds like a GREAT day!

Thanks for the report Sue......... looking forward to the pics!
See you both Saturday.

Dana

Troutman65
01-14-2009, 05:56 PM
Sue & Siouxk , Sorry I was not able to fish w/ you two today. Looks like you made the best of it. Looking forward to viewing the pics.

BingJr
01-14-2009, 07:25 PM
I wish I was there to witness the Hilarity. Good laughs beat a good bite any ole' day.

troutdog
01-14-2009, 10:46 PM
wind+ fishing the Vine= no bueno

Good job making the best of your weekday fishing opportunity, thanks for the report Sue.

TD

olfishergal
01-14-2009, 11:17 PM
sending up all the good vibes for NO WIND SATURDAY!!! Look forward to seeing u all there........OFG

SiouxK
01-15-2009, 06:22 PM
It was nice to finally hang out with Sue, Just sucks that it was so windy. Here are a few post worthy pix:

Captain Sue:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/skumbrat/IMG_3540.jpg

Patrol boat to the rescue:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/skumbrat/IMG_3525.jpg

Awesome shot of the moon:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v414/skumbrat/IMG_3525.jpg

Sue's fish was such the dink, that I felt it was not worht of having it's pix taken.

Manny
01-15-2009, 08:03 PM
Sioux, dont give up on the Vine yet. You WILL have success.