PDA

View Full Version : Buean Vista trip

FISHBAIT
01-14-2009, 11:09 AM
Hey guys,
Taking my two sons out to Buena Vista on Monday for the first time. Can anyone lead me to a safe spot to do some fishing. I don't want to make them hike to much.

We're making a day of it, Does anyone know if I can BBQ with propane by the lake? Noticed on the map that they have two lakes, can I drive completely around them? We'll be doing mostly trout fishing so any advise on easy to locate areas and /or rules would be appreciated.

Fishbait

Skaguy04
01-14-2009, 12:10 PM
Hey guys,
Taking my two sons out to Buena Vista on Monday for the first time. Can anyone lead me to a safe spot to do some fishing. I don't want to make them hike to much.

We're making a day of it, Does anyone know if I can BBQ with propane by the lake? Noticed on the map that they have two lakes, can I drive completely around them? We'll be doing mostly trout fishing so any advise on easy to locate areas and /or rules would be appreciated.

Fishbait

Since you are going to BBQ, I would recommend that you try to find a spot by the ramps. There is good action all over the lake. The lake is not that big to begin with, so just find a suitable spot for you and have a great day.
PM if you have any other questions

FISHBAIT
01-14-2009, 12:19 PM
Since you are going to BBQ, I would recommend that you try to find a spot by the ramps. There is good action all over the lake. The lake is not that big to begin with, so just find a suitable spot for you and have a great day.
PM if you have any other questions
Thanks, makes me feel better knowing i can have a good time with the kids. I usually don't take the boys with me on first visits but they really want to go. Thank again.

Fishbait

Indy77
01-14-2009, 09:53 PM
I would do the second ramp....halfway in parking area towards main gate...man made lake so nothing in middle to hold the fish...fish 5' to 15' offf bank...power bait with garlic...nightcrawlers also doing good this year...I put the garlic on them and blow them up as well....good luck...post pics when and let us know how you did