PDA

View Full Version : LNL - 18 Lb Limit

BassEngineer
01-14-2009, 02:48 AM
Had a nice day on the tube today...err...yesterday...(its past midnight). I have been doing well lately at LNL. Only three last week, but a limit the week before. Anyway, I have been noticing the bite has been starting around 11:00 so I don't rush out there any more....having a tube is another reason I don't have to rush out at 6am.

So I get there around 9:30 and start chatting with a regular...he tells me a brawl broke out and someone got arrested. (They were arguing about mono or flouro...HAHA...j/k :LOL:) The shoreline was pretty packed and decent amount of tubers for a weekday...about 8 of us at one point.

After chitchatting and gearing up I hit the water around 10am. Water temp was 56 degrees, air felt pretty warm...75? According to the Humminbird, the water temp got up to 60 degrees around 2pm. As I am kicking my way around the lake, I am hearing from the other tubers "Slow", "nothing"...etc..so I thought to myself..."Sux for you guys. That's why I slept late!"

After about 20 minutes of floating around, I got my first bite...the smallest of the bunch. No one said anything but you know they were thinking, "Dude you just got here!". The fly fisherman/woman were having a tough time out there. I think they caught 3 between them. But one of the fly fisherwoman (there were 2) caught a rainbow, what looked to be about 6 lbs.

All in all it was an above average day for fishing at LNL, but an exceptional one for me. I got home and weighed my bag...it was a tad under 18lbs!

Its getting late.....good night enjoy the pics.....can you name the species?

BIGRED KILLA
01-14-2009, 03:07 AM
Thanks for the pics and report.Nice tube setup.

Bigred

Hitts0n
01-14-2009, 05:13 AM
I seen you out there cuss I heard someone ask you...do that fish finder really help you....lol

Good job on the tube!:Cool:

Striper Bill
01-14-2009, 08:51 AM
Good job and nice pics!

chivo
01-14-2009, 09:15 AM
nice limit.Thanks for the LNL report. Its nice to see them once and a while. I know there's thousands of fish caught every month and only a few posts per month. LNL needs more people posting.

FISH_HUNTER
01-14-2009, 09:20 AM
Nice job on the sleeping in late, showing off all the early birds,fishing on a weekday LNL limit!!:Thumbs Up:
That tube does look nice, it's funny I was going through past post yesterday night on the "tube/yak" section and I was just reading your posts on what kind of tube to buy.............now look at ya!! :Beer Toast:Nice job!:Big Smile:

FISHSTIX
01-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Nice job on the heavy stringer, those other tubers must have been hating on you and your tube:LOL:......:Cool:

BassEngineer
01-14-2009, 11:22 AM
Thanks for the pics and report.Nice tube setup.
Bigred

Thank you sir!

I seen you out there cuss I heard someone ask you...do that fish finder really help you....lol

Good job on the tube!:Cool:

I don't know who you are...but if you see me again out there, hit me up!

Good job and nice pics!
Thanks SB!

nice limit.Thanks for the LNL report. Its nice to see them once and a while. I know there's thousands of fish caught every month and only a few posts per month. LNL needs more people posting.

There are lots of fish being caught there...too bad none are bass. Maybe it's better no one posts...we can keep the fishing hole to ourselves! :Secret:

Nice job on the sleeping in late, showing off all the early birds,fishing on a weekday LNL limit!!:Thumbs Up:
That tube does look nice, it's funny I was going through past post yesterday night on the "tube/yak" section and I was just reading your posts on what kind of tube to buy.............now look at ya!! :Beer Toast:Nice job!:Big Smile:
Yeah, it took me about 1 month to gather everything up....but I am fully loaded now!! Next thing is, I need to figure out how to put A/C and a DVD player on my tube. :Thumbs Up:

Nice job on the heavy stringer, those other tubers must have been hating on you and your tube:LOL:......:Cool:
haha...everyone was pretty cool out there...I had a great time.

WaterBound
01-14-2009, 11:29 AM
Way to go on the nice limit! I for sure did not see you on the water cause you guys were more in the flats and I was way to the right of the launch ramp for most of the day. You have been noticing the late bite as well huh. The last three times I have gone I have noticed the bite starting later. What range does your fish finder view beyond the shallow depth of the flats? In other words what range can you view beyond just the depth. Like how many feet from your fish finder from a horizontal range can you view? Just curious on how effective your viewing is for the shallow flats.

Trout Nine
01-14-2009, 11:46 AM
WTG on a heavy limit.... How much your biggest weigh

TROUT 9

fishraider
01-14-2009, 12:01 PM
sorry u got ur info wrong bass engineer no one got arrested.. just lame regulars who think they own the lake think they can shoot there mouth off and throw out the managers name and thinks that hes goin too get his ways and get people kicked out of the lake.. when he didnt think about it when he got him self kicked out of the lake an i think i might be for good... so if any one knows nester the manger tell him i dont think some regulars should be calling out his name gives a bad name too the lake

troutdog
01-14-2009, 01:07 PM
Nice job out there BE....sorry you did not see the team57 shirts to the left of the ramp....Hitts, MvW and myself were fishing the small point about 20 yds down. You were just avoiding us huh :LOL:

That woman cacthing the fish on the flyrod was a great fight...I was so glad she got that fish in. Nice lady from the SD area.

Thanks for the report...I gotta tube this lake next time out.

TD

Senor Rambone
01-15-2009, 12:00 AM
nice limit. thats a mans feast right there.

BassEngineer
01-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Way to go on the nice limit! I for sure did not see you on the water cause you guys were more in the flats and I was way to the right of the launch ramp for most of the day. You have been noticing the late bite as well huh. The last three times I have gone I have noticed the bite starting later. What range does your fish finder view beyond the shallow depth of the flats? In other words what range can you view beyond just the depth. Like how many feet from your fish finder from a horizontal range can you view? Just curious on how effective your viewing is for the shallow flats.

The sidefinder can go out to 120 ft. Most of the area between the two islands is less than 9 ft....I rarely pick up fish below me...but the sidefinder picks up quite a few.

WTG on a heavy limit.... How much your biggest weigh
TROUT 9

Heh, I forgot to post that didn't I? It was 5.25 lbs! :Big Grin:

sorry u got ur info wrong bass engineer no one got arrested.. just lame regulars who think they own the lake think they can shoot there mouth off and throw out the managers name and thinks that hes goin too get his ways and get people kicked out of the lake.. when he didnt think about it when he got him self kicked out of the lake an i think i might be for good... so if any one knows nester the manger tell him i dont think some regulars should be calling out his name gives a bad name too the lake

Doh! I'm just going by what 2 others told me...I guess that's what happens when you rely on dock talk!

Nice job out there BE....sorry you did not see the team57 shirts to the left of the ramp....Hitts, MvW and myself were fishing the small point about 20 yds down. You were just avoiding us huh :LOL:
That woman cacthing the fish on the flyrod was a great fight...I was so glad she got that fish in. Nice lady from the SD area.
Thanks for the report...I gotta tube this lake next time out.
TD

No I didn't see you guys out there, but I think I heard you! :LOL: I usually launch by the parking lot next to the tackle shop. If I saw you guys I most definitely would have came up and introduced myself. If you want to tube it, and need a partner, give me a shout.

nice limit. thats a mans feast right there. yes it was...YUMMMY!

one_leg
01-15-2009, 11:48 PM
Hey, when are you gonna go back to fishing for LMB? I say in about 3 weeks.

BassEngineer
01-17-2009, 02:04 AM
Hey, when are you gonna go back to fishing for LMB? I say in about 3 weeks.

LOL....probably sooner than that! Might try tubing the pudd for LMB this week. :Cool:

PureAle
01-17-2009, 08:39 AM
Awesome job. Keep slaying them trout.

PureAle

steve092
01-19-2009, 03:44 PM
Nice work on the limit!