PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Repair Day

SiouxK
01-13-2009, 07:52 PM
Well, I took my truck in to get new front brakes and after the inspection, it was determined that they were still good, but the back ones needed cleaning and adjusting, so I had that done as well as getting a new air and fuel filter along with an oil change, so ya, GO ME!!!!!!! :Dancing Banana:

tpfishnfool
01-14-2009, 08:17 AM
WOW !! Im speachless !!

haree
09-19-2012, 04:51 AM
Its just amazing, Sounds to be fantasy. Really shocked when I looked at this post.

I want such type miracle... Anyway have fun with your journey.

cutbait
09-19-2012, 04:53 AM
Pics? Or else that **** didn't happen

Sublime-Steve
09-19-2012, 05:09 AM
^^^ wahahahahaha

cutbait
09-19-2012, 05:12 AM
Oh and BTW.. Someone get this guys man card revoked ASAP...

1. Not inspecting his own brakes

2. Not determining they were still good his own dam self

3. Not chaning his own air filter..

4. Rear brakes cleaned and adjusted? While you were at it you should have had the conueter valve replaced

I'll let the oil and fuel filter change slide.

I would be embarrassed to admit I had to have another man tell me if my brakes were good or not :Rolls Eyes:

DEVOREFLYER
09-19-2012, 06:30 AM
What do ya expect from a guy named Sioux.:Shocked:

I could not resist.

Skyler
09-19-2012, 10:38 AM
People change their rear brakes?!

smalweld
09-19-2012, 05:21 PM
People change their rear brakes?!

arent they supposed to be rotated like tires... You know front to back and back to front :)

DockRat
09-22-2012, 06:32 AM
My Honda died sunday. Never worked on Japanese cars much. Read the book troubleshooting section.
Under the passenger floorboard is the computer. Turned the key on and counted the blinking light.
15 blinks. Book said the Igniter module in the distributor is bad.
Bought a factory one at the dealer after hitting 3 Pick a Parts only to find them all stripped.
Put it in on monday, runs like a champ. Makes you feel good when you can do it your self.
DR

Skyler
09-22-2012, 09:05 PM
arent they supposed to be rotated like tires... You know front to back and back to front :)

I rotate my pistons monthly. Didn't know I had to do it to my brakes too.

cutbait
09-23-2012, 06:48 AM
Heres a tip for the non brake knowing how to change folk...

1. monitor your brake fluid level, as your brake fluid gets lower, its not "disappearing" its sitting in your caliper taking up the space of your pads that are worn out.
(full brake fluid= full brake pad ,,,, Low brake fluid= worn pads} Next time your brakes are changed look at the difference pre and post pad exchange at how much the brake fluid level increases as it is returned back to the reservoir

2. inspect the gap between your rotor and your calipers. Most of the time you can reach through the holes in your rims with your fingers. A good distance is 3/8's of an inch, if the distance is near sub 1/8 then its time. Lay on the ground and stick your head behind the tire to look at the inside pads. {helps to turn the tires the oppo direction for this}

Same goes for the rear if you have 4 wheel disc brakes. If the rears are drums you have to remove the tire and keep the parking brake off, remove the drum by hand or small mallet to inspect.. Same thing goes,sub 1/8 change,,,, 1/4 fine. The rears will only need to be inspected once yearly.. I kinda neglect them really. I have a feel for it. I'll go through 2 sets of front pads before I check the backs. Backs just don't get used that often