PDA

View Full Version : Laguna Niguel Lake (Personal best cought)

Hitts0n
01-13-2009, 04:40 PM
Well first of all,I want to thank Troutdog and Man vs Wild for the invite to this lake.Thanks for everything both of you as a matter fact.It was super fun !

Got up at 4am really not wanting to get up cuss I went to sleep late.Grabbed the cooler and headed to the ATM machine to grab 20 bux.Hit 7-11 for coffee and blacks.Hit the freeway going to Man vs Wilds house.Packed all the gear in his car and off we went.Arrived at the lake about 6:15 and bought our passes and Troutdog we find.Grabbed out gear and set up off shore.Fair morning.Not to hot,not to slow.Set up one line inflated crawler,second line powerbait. First fish cought by Troutdog!

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog.jpg

Cought within 30-40 mins.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog2.jpg

Second by Troutdog !

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog1.jpg

Third by Troutdog !

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog3.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/steelers.jpg

lol

Now I dont have much pics of my action but look forward to Troutdog report or added pics....

I cought my personal best at 4 pounds beautiful rainbow on 4lb P-line.

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog8.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog9.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/Firstfishbytroutdog6.jpg

We almost hit our limits but I farmed 2,Man vs Wild farmed like 5.He got skunko.Troutdog 4,Hitts0n 2.Second one I cought was a lil over 3lbs!
So far this lake hasnt lied about huge trout stocked! Everything I seen today was 3lbs and up ! Huge fatty healthy fighting trout! Best stock ive seen in my life! I will see this lake again !

Oh....and I thought about Troutman65 !!:ROFL:

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/troutman65-1.jpg

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/troutman65.jpg

NOT COOL BRO SHIRT WAS IN ACTION TODAY !!

Hope you guys enjoy! See most of you this Saturday !!

spooky007
01-13-2009, 04:44 PM
Congrats on the PB!!

DCCTrouserTrout
01-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Way to go out there... Good job on the PB trout.

Hitts0n
01-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Thank you both!

Fisherman57
01-13-2009, 04:55 PM
Congrats guys!
Good job on the PB Armando!

MAVERICK27
01-13-2009, 05:16 PM
Awesome day! I keep meaning to go there...Gotta talk the wifye into going!! The Patrick comparison has me rolling!!! Great report!!!!

PureAle
01-13-2009, 05:26 PM
nice..keep rippin them lipzzzz.

PureAle.

chivo
01-13-2009, 05:48 PM
nice fish. i bet if you fish LNL more often your gonna beat that 4lber PB. Congrads.

ghetto dad
01-13-2009, 05:50 PM
Nice job homie.....thanks for the report

GD

THROWBACK RANGER
01-13-2009, 07:25 PM
good shhht bro!!!!!!!!btw ***caught***

troutdog
01-13-2009, 07:59 PM
Hitts congrats on the pb trout....that was a blast out there today! It was great watching you battle that beast, I'm glad I got netting honors on that puppy! Safe to say the boots came in handy today? :LOL:

I got a bunch of pics to post and some blow-by-blows of some of the drama at the lake today....this was a day I will not soon forget. Again congrats to you Hitts0n.

Additional report and pics to come....

TD

crappiemike
01-13-2009, 08:11 PM
by far LNL has the best looking trout than all of the other
pay lakes hands down, congrats on your fish!!

waiting for TD'S pics:

CM

Rooster
01-13-2009, 08:51 PM
Awesome job on the PB Hitts. Looking foward to seeing ya top it Saturday :LOL:
TD may your breakfast burrito be spiked with Garlic Bang. :Big Smile:

Granny Fish
01-13-2009, 08:58 PM
One thing about LNL is the trout usually have nice tails and fight really nice.

Marley
01-13-2009, 09:00 PM
Good job! I love Laguna Niguel. It's almost lke a "boutique" fishery, catering to families with its no-alcohol approach and style. Don't get me wrong, I love a beer or six every now and then, but there's an element that's present where alcohol flows and I just don't always want to feel like I have to set up on the belt-fed-weapons-only beach to protect the turf I paid my gate fee for, like I feel when I'm at other compounds.
BTW, do you have a float tube? That's the best way to get into the 'Niguel fishery. As someone else said, keep fishing down there and you will bust your PB, I guarantee it.

fishraider
01-13-2009, 09:27 PM
hey troutdog u need too send me those pics. its me the movie star lmao im sure u know who i am!

WaterBound
01-13-2009, 09:29 PM
I was there today as well. Got to the lake late at around 7:00am. The lake was PACKED! Like almost a weekend packed. I stayed near the creek inlet and got to fish the right side of the launch ramp for the last few hours. People around me did all right but no limits. I ended up with only two for the day jigging powerworms. Guys to my left were doing all right on powerbait&crawler combo. Around midday all you heard were crowds of people around the launch ramp declaring accolades. My biggest was 5lbs the other a 3lber. Unfortunately there for sure were tiny fish in this lake as I saw a few 1lbers being caught, VERY RARE for LNL. I guess the people at the launch ramp must have killed it because they left early and I saw two other guys move to their spot at the launch ramp and land over 8 fish in the last few hours. Seemed like one was doing well on the minijig and the most were on the furthest rod to the right of the launch ramp. Saw at least 6 hit that one rod in a row cast out about 10-15 feet. At this lake it really is about LOCATION. Some spots are just so consistent. Hey did you guys see the confrontation? Someone said that there was an incident where someone crossed another guy's line and the guy pulled a knife on him! Then the Orange County Sheriff's Department was called in and some Deputies handled it. Everyone was talking about it at our side of the lake.

fishraider
01-13-2009, 09:37 PM
yeah that was me what did peeps say ?

fishraider
01-13-2009, 09:40 PM
sorry to say that guy was a lame... ask trout dog he was there right but it and no knife was pulled out just regular who thought he was coo cause he said he can fish anywhere cause he knows the manager of the lake and that he can get me kicked out

Captain Castaic
01-13-2009, 09:46 PM
Nice fish Hitts!!!! Congrats on PB...

C.C.

WaterBound
01-13-2009, 09:57 PM
sorry to say that guy was a lame... ask trout dog he was there right but it and no knife was pulled out just regular who thought he was coo cause he said he can fish anywhere cause he knows the manager of the lake and that he can get me kicked out

People were saying just that someone pulled a knife on a guy for crossing his lines and now the Deputies were at the lake handling it. And everyone thought it was overboard over fishing. Anyhow that sucks that you didn't do anything and some ******* had to lie to law enforcement. First he is gonna be an *** and push people around and then lie about it to the police. Drama. Isn't that what fishing is supposed to be about?...getting away from the drama. Well I hope you caught some nice ones and enjoyed the lake anyhow. I personally thought the weather was really nice today. The lake was glassy and calm. All I got to say is you and I know for sure there are more fish in there!

Wingnut
01-13-2009, 10:06 PM
**Thread jack alert**

Now, back to the HittsOn show... congrats Armando on your PB Trout! :Cool: :Envious:

Mondo21
01-13-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice job out there fellas. Congrats! Sorry about the Skunkeroo Man vs Wild:Confused: Love the pics. The colors on the trout are beautiful. Love the Patrick comparison. Cindy:Big Grin:

troutdog
01-13-2009, 10:35 PM
hey troutdog u need too send me those pics. its me the movie star lmao im sure u know who i am!

I'll post what I have and set the story straight, funny to read what the guys around the lake were thinking though. :LOL:

Hitts you ready to bust that pb at the Vine this weekend....I have a feeling we are "going to 0wn" :Twisted:

Mall cop is killing me Smals! :ROFL:

TD

Santa Fe Eric
01-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Nice Work Hitts!
You Owned Em!:Thumbs Up:

Dan_the_Man
01-13-2009, 11:49 PM
Great Fishworx Hitts ... I'll have to try that Vine place someday. Distance + Fees = Possible OUCHAGE!!

BIGRED KILLA
01-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Nice job out there guys way to slay them.Thanks for the pics and report

Bigred

Hitts0n
01-14-2009, 05:17 AM

Oh so you are an Fnn member !! I knew it !:ROFL::ROFL:

Striper Bill
01-14-2009, 08:48 AM
Good job out there guys, looks like fun. WTG HittsON:Smile:

FISHSTIX
01-14-2009, 09:50 AM
nICE size fish you caught, seems like LNL is producing some toads....congrats on your pb:Cool:

Trout Nine
01-14-2009, 11:39 AM
Fishing without me :Head Bang: "NOT COOL BRO"

Congrats on your PB WTG! :Thumbs Up: SEE YA THIS WEEKEND!

T9

fishraider
01-14-2009, 12:05 PM
People were saying just that someone pulled a knife on a guy for crossing his lines and now the Deputies were at the lake handling it. And everyone thought it was overboard over fishing. Anyhow that sucks that you didn't do anything and some ******* had to lie to law enforcement. First he is gonna be an *** and push people around and then lie about it to the police. Drama. Isn't that what fishing is supposed to be about?...getting away from the drama. Well I hope you caught some nice ones and enjoyed the lake anyhow. I personally thought the weather was really nice today. The lake was glassy and calm. All I got to say is you and I know for sure there are more fish in there!

i caught two fish but late in the day the good time of the day i was in the police call watching every one caught them.. kinda massed up i had too pay 20 dollars and take off work too hear drama from some regular.. trust me if u were there would would understand more but its all good .. what goes around comes around karma

fishraider
01-14-2009, 12:08 PM
Oh so you are an Fnn member !! I knew it !:ROFL::ROFL:

yeah i am it was nice fishing with u guys

Striper Bill
01-14-2009, 01:47 PM
HttsON, where are you coming up soon! congrats again to your PB. How is coco doing got a recent Picture? :Smile:

Sue
01-14-2009, 03:03 PM
WTG, Hitts :Big Grin:
Hope I get to spend a little time with you Saturday!

Hitts0n
01-14-2009, 04:08 PM
Thanks for all the replys.I will send pics of koko soon.I will be at the Vine saturday with all the great FNN people we have.
Im just going to rent a boat just to get to another part of the lake.
I have new hardware secrets for them trout buddies!:Twisted:
I will hot my limit this day !:Secret:

Striper Bill
01-14-2009, 06:30 PM
Thanks HittsOn and good luck to you on landing them all!:Smile:

Hitts0n
01-15-2009, 05:06 AM
Thanks HittsOn and good luck to you on landing them all!:Smile:

Thank you very much.:Cool:

Mondo21
01-15-2009, 08:59 AM
Last night I clean one of the fish Hitts caught on this thread. The skin was very tough getting off and the flesh was orange. The taste was a little bit stronger,but still good. I'm use to the delicate skin trout. So if anyone could tell me what species of Trout this was, I will be so thankful. Cindy:Big Grin:
It was big enough to feed 3 peeps and was still a lot left over,that was a big Trout:Shocked:.

Ray Lopez
01-15-2009, 11:18 AM
good job brada!!!!

when we gonna fish again???

you got sucked into these pay lakes and gave up on the real lakes hahaha

troutdog
01-15-2009, 03:59 PM
good job brada!!!!

Ray catches a measly 20lb bass and turns into a fishing snob...actually I prolly would too! :ROFL:

TD

Hitts0n
01-15-2009, 04:12 PM
good job brada!!!!

I been going to castaic.I will be there next week again.
:ROFL: Getting skunked!

one_leg
01-15-2009, 04:14 PM
good job brada!!!!

Prolly on the 31st RayLo?

A new PB trout. Hitts0n, how did you do it?

Marley
01-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Last night I clean one of the fish Hitts caught on this thread. The skin was very tough getting off and the flesh was orange. The taste was a little bit stronger,but still good. I'm use to the delicate skin trout. So if anyone could tell me what species of Trout this was, I will be so thankful. Cindy:Big Grin:
It was big enough to feed 3 peeps and was still a lot left over,that was a big Trout:Shocked:.

LNL stocks Mt. Lassen fish right now. Word has it that they are a sort of "private reserve" in Mr. Mackey's hatchery operation, different than most others he plants. They are, however, Mt. Lassen fish. He does a lot of hybridizing, so they may just be a cross. Pink meat is achieved with pigment in the food as much as coming from cold water. Whichever it is, it sure is tasty.
That tough skin is because the fish is so big. Wait 'till you catch a DD, you can almost tan the hide it's so thick.

Hitts0n
01-15-2009, 11:13 PM
LNL stocks Mt. Lassen fish right now. Word has it that they are a sort of "private reserve" in Mr. Mackey's hatchery operation, different than most others he plants. They are, however, Mt. Lassen fish. He does a lot of hybridizing, so they may just be a cross. Pink meat is achieved with pigment in the food as much as coming from cold water. Whichever it is, it sure is tasty.
That tough skin is because the fish is so big. Wait 'till you catch a DD, you can almost tan the hide it's so thick.

I cant wait to catch that DD !!

Mondo21
01-16-2009, 06:29 AM

Thanks for the info Marley. Cindy:Big Grin:

MAN VS WILD
01-16-2009, 03:25 PM
That was a nice one Hitts. Congrats on your PB! I had a good time out there fishing with you guys. I just couldn't punk the skunk. The guys to the right were catching and you guys were on my left were catching, I guess I was in the farming spot. All in all it was a good day, I got to fish with friends and my baby girl, all I needed to do was catch a fish to top it off. I felt ok coming home knowing that I wasn't the only one with a skunk out of the four of us, until we talked to troutdog and he said that Cruz caught a big one after we left. Good luck at the Vine tomorrow. My son has a basketball game at 2:30 so I won't be able to make it.
I will post up the pics I have as soon as I get my new modem. i'm on dial-up right now... it sucks!!

FIsH ON!!!