PDA

View Full Version : Lodgepole

jim532
01-13-2009, 03:05 PM
Just been informed by the girlfriend that she booked a camp spot for us and some friends at a place in Kings canyon called Lodgepole. Anyone been there? Can anyone tell me where the fishing is in this area?

oops posted this thread in the worng section, maybe i can get one of the admins to move it

smalweld
01-13-2009, 05:18 PM
Your GF got you a great place to camp. Lodgepole is in Sequoia National park. The campground is right on the Marble Fork of the Kaweha River. The Giant forest is just a few miles away by either tram or car but car parking is gtting to be nonexistant there. Also some high country hikes that are a 4.1 mile hike up to Heather Lake, if you go be prepared its a strenous hike and bring a fishing pole. None of the rivers or lakes are stocked with the exception of Lake Hume but that is outside of the park boundaries. Google Lodgepole and if you like to go camping you will really enjoy this area. Only drawback is that there are several hundred campsites there but its alot less crowded than Yosemite. ALso bears there can be problematic. So store your stuff in the bear boxes and you shouldnt have a problem.

Sean

DccFISHerMan
01-13-2009, 05:27 PM
Sweet deal i just made reservations for Big pine, there not till july but at least i got something to look forward too!