PDA

View Full Version : Castaic Lagoon

wyu
01-13-2009, 02:12 PM
Hey all going to fish Castaic's lagoon this Sat. anyone's been there lately? Just curious to know how's the fishing going there bass or trout.

Thanks....

Captain Castaic
01-13-2009, 09:52 PM
Been really slow lately....are you going for trout or bass? They planted some dink trout last week...bass has been REALLY slow.

C.C.

wyu
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Been really slow lately....are you going for trout or bass? They planted some dink trout last week...bass has been REALLY slow.

C.C.

Thanks for the info Captain Castaic. I was shooting for either or depending on the conditions. I'll just be prepared for both.

I live in Santa Clarita and would like to start fishing with the regulars of the lake. Would you like to meet up and fish someday?

baybassboy
01-14-2009, 12:41 AM
we had a VERY tough bass bite last week... but found a good pocket of trout in about 15feet off the ?north end? of the swim beach... getting bit every cast on 3 inch Big Hammers and on the fly rod... threw the big swimbaits till my arm almost fell off and then caught some trout for fun...

also heard the guys on the dock had a decent pick at the trout, but no info on baits... good luck