PDA

View Full Version : No luck duct again! Bakersfield/ Taft duct dry???

HIghwayPig
01-13-2009, 01:15 PM
Well, I decided to go out and try the duct again. This time I didn't have to show my business card to anyone!! :LOL: My son went back to his Mom's for the week so I wanted to try again with some new knowledge thanks to Striper Bill. Unfortunately I had no luck. I spent about 4 hours this morning out there and tried a few different spots between Tupman and the golf course. It doesn't seem like anyone in the Bksfld/Taft duct area is catching anything. I tried just about everything I could think of and didn't even have a strike. Anyone else feeling the same way here in Bako/Taft?? Anyone else have any luck lately:???: Thanks for any feedback ahead of time! Just looking to land one of those monsters I see on here all the time!!!

Striper Bill
01-13-2009, 01:59 PM
Dan, do try other areas if you know of any around the area. Here, it is still slow and I have not gone lately. Dont give up ok. The stripers got to eat sometime!

BassnRack
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
Dude! PM me with your #. I have been going morning and evening out there for the last month or so. I have limited out every time. I'm not a Duct expert like Striper Bill, but I am constantly catching fish!

BassnRack(Brad)

spooky007
01-13-2009, 06:01 PM
I wouldn't waste my time at BV if that's where you're fishing. Can you catch fish there??? Sure, but you'll have better odds elsewhere!! Tupman is a much better spot and if you keep on going, you can get them at Freeborn. All those spots are heavily fished by the bait-n-wait guys but they still produce. GL on your next outing!!

Al

trail blazer
01-13-2009, 06:45 PM
I wouldn't waste my time at BV if that's where you're fishing. Can you catch fish there??? Sure, but you'll have better odds elsewhere!! Tupman is a much better spot and if you keep on going, you can get them at Freeborn. All those spots are heavily fished by the bait-n-wait guys but they still produce. GL on your next outing!!

Al

What Al is saying are my beleifs also,,,,EXACTLY!!

The duct at the g,course is WAY overfished ,,still fish there but not like most areas north of there.

If im not working on thursday 1/14 il be going to a spot in the afternoon <1 or 2 pm> till after dark <It,s been really productive lately> maby we could find fish there ,.

I usually only fish an area for 30 min or so and if no fish I MOVE.

My last trip out i had no hits till the 4th spot then it was fish on every few casts till dark.

hope this helps out.

Sometime therre at the gates,,sometime overcrossings,,sometime at bends,,sometimes at siphon,s,,you got to cover alot of watert till you find thelm

pm me if interested in teaming up thursday
scott,,,TRAIL BLAZER

Joerod
01-15-2009, 10:08 PM
I fished tupman on tuesday. the water was low and clear but there was moss every were!!!!

StriperEye
01-17-2009, 08:57 AM
Hey PIG,"I always wanted to say that"...I know its discouraging, but keep at it man you will hook up. I have the worst skunk smell on me right now, its depressing. Striper Bill is a good guy, he has helped me out in the past. Good luck..waiting to see your first pic.