PDA

View Full Version : Rancho Jurupa (stock day)

pkingcobra
01-13-2009, 10:46 AM
Can anyone tell me if the lake is closed on the day they stock;
I believe other city parks do... Thanks for any input

Lechuga
01-13-2009, 10:48 AM
They close on stock day

Manny
01-13-2009, 02:16 PM
Nope. Jurupa does not close on stock day. They make you pull your poles and give the fish 1 hour to spread out. The park ranger will stand there and wait for the full hour. It's happened to me twice so far.

Lechuga
01-14-2009, 09:54 AM
That's news to me man! last time I went the guy at the front gate said they closed on stock day. If nothing else, give them a call and find out !
Lates

Manny
01-14-2009, 12:00 PM
I do know that there will be no fishing the day before the trout derby when they get the large stock. Signs are posted at the entrance. I forgot the exact day of the derby.

pkingcobra
01-14-2009, 12:33 PM
Hey Manny, do you know what time they stocked the day you were there.. I called and they are suppose to stock tomorrow (thu)

The Angler
01-14-2009, 02:40 PM
The derby is one the 29 i belive. As for the stocking u are able to fish after 1 hour when the fish have been released most of the times i have been there when the truck gets there its in the morning hours around 8:00-9:00

Poachers beware while waiting the hour the ranger IS PRESENT AND WILL CHECK FOR VALID LICENSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Envious:

Manny
01-14-2009, 06:39 PM
Hey Manny, do you know what time they stocked the day you were there.. I called and they are suppose to stock tomorrow (thu)Last time i was there for the stocking it was about 2 p.m. I remember because I had to leave and go pick up the kids from school so I was teased watching all those fish go in. The driver had just come from Fairmont Park.