PDA

View Full Version : The Vine 1/10/9 with Wood

kewlwhip
01-12-2009, 05:33 PM
Hit the Vine up on Saturday with my buddy Woody- Wanted me to get him on some trout or more. I told him the W would be out in full force- called up the tackle shop and whit said "supposed to be 50-70mph gusts...i said whoaaa~

We got to the lake by 9am, and sure enough the wind was just starting to howl...well i brought the wrong vehicle that day (not my 4x) so i had to hi-tail it all around to look for a nice shore spot. I had 4 spots that produced when i've baited down this year, and 2 were taken. Once we found a spot, we came across a guy who had 6 poles out..just as we were going to look elsewhere, we see TM65 doing gear/fish counts...He got to that gentlemen and said that he was only allowed 2 per person. Well he had his son with him, so he put 2 rods away, and we decided to take that open area. We then baited up and set the lines out...not more than 10 mins go by, and woody yells "hook-up!" i was still tying up gear when he landed the first fish. I said "beginners luck" since it was his first 2009 trout. I casted my line out, and was doing my 2nd rod, when he yells...KEWLY, i'm BIT!!! 2 fish in 20 mins...iw as like wth...Within the hour, i get my first fish on...3 in an hour, and these were pretty sizeable trout with full bellies!!

We then start mixing baits up, and all of a sudden, whit comes up with TM65, 1leg and poxy boggards! Was a blast fishing with you guys...when hanging out, woody starts thinking he's cool, and puts on a fishing clinique. I ended up with 3 trout, he ended up with the rest of our stringer!! lolz- And poxy lost a few, and 1leg landed 1 or 2. Whit tried to striper fish lol jk-

anyways, was a fun day, too bad it ended up quick (always when fishing) the wind was pretty gusty at times where we said "here it comes" and everyones gear went flying hahahaha.

thanks poxy for the fisherman friends gear!~

photos to post when i get some time-

til nextime

FISH ON!
-kewly

Troutman65
01-12-2009, 05:41 PM
Brother H, Its always Kool to see you or your Pops at the lake . Nice going on the trout. See you next time

troutdog
01-12-2009, 05:47 PM
Nice job in the wind...sounds like the bite was really solid this weekend. See you on the 17th Kewlio?

TD

spitbreaker
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
nice catch see u out there on sat kelwhip

kewlwhip
01-13-2009, 04:14 PM
Brother H, Its always Kool to see you or your Pops at the lake . Nice going on the trout. See you next time someone needs some tritip- pops wasn't with me this time...maybe you meant all the times i've brought him there, and more in the future? :LOL:

Nice job in the wind...sounds like the bite was really solid this weekend. See you on the 17th Kewlio?
TD Hey TD- not bad for a blown out day! yes more than likely the 17th!

nice catch see u out there on sat kelwhip
thanks, sounds good!

Troutman65
01-13-2009, 04:53 PM
H , you think this looks like me ?

http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k56/hitts0n/troutman65-1.jpg

kewlwhip
01-13-2009, 05:51 PM
ahahahah...yeah, since you cut your HAIR! jk