PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid Sunday - What a nice day!!!

Shock
01-12-2009, 03:47 PM
Ok well at first we called our trip off but after calling the lake on Saturday the lady said it wasn't too windy so we decided to fish it Sunday and take our chances.

I had to get the boat ready on Saturday and came to find out that it was FULL of water from the rain we had a couple of weeks ago. Turns out the cover had a tear in it that I didn't see... Bummer...

Oh well, I haven't got to fish in 3 months so I am going whether the deck is dry or not..lol

Anyways got to the lake just on time for the gate to open. Launched and started the troll and right off the bat, Jesse gets a double...

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4869.jpg

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4870.jpg

Not too big but a double none the less. Decided to head on instead of doubling back and right after the next point zzzzz.... another double.. same size...lol

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4871.jpg

Decided to head on in search of the larger versions. Trolled on to yellowbar, no fish to be seen, headed on towards the dam area and metered tons of fish but after a bunch of laps back and forth they didn't want our offerings. So headed on back up the east side. Once again, didn't meter any fish. So we decided to head on back towards the channel since it was around 1:00 already. Time just seemed to fly on by. Back in the channel we had a double on one rod and another hookup on the other. Same size as the other ones.

Made another pass over the same spot and hooked up into a nicer one, still nothing big though but it did put up a little better of a fight.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s119/Shock1420/DSCN4872.jpg

I guess we should have stayed in the channel all day, but if you don't search for them you will never find em...

We ended the day with 9 stripes to take home for dinner and we had tossed a couple of dinks back.

The water looks pretty clear right now up there and it seems they put allot of water back in. Wind wasn't a factor at all today other then a small breeze. It was cold in the morning but wormed up well by noon. Besides the bass tourney going on, there weren't many other boaters out.

All in all we had a great time.

See ya on the water.

Wingnut
01-12-2009, 03:51 PM
You didn't read my last Pyramid report Joseph? :LOL:
Stay in the channel... :Wink:
Glad to see you back out there man. :Cool:
Nice job on the schoolies.

Shock
01-12-2009, 03:58 PM
Yeah gotta get back on the grind...lol

Man we wasted a ton of time outside the channel. Just wanted to give it a try. The're new hours suck.

GeordyBass
01-12-2009, 06:47 PM
good job nonetheless!
wanted to go but my dad was tired and coming down yet again with a cold....:EyePop::Sad:

were gonna have to go one of these days!:Big Grin:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-13-2009, 03:11 PM
nice work fellas...keep your eyes peeled on pyramid...some 'em gonna blowup sometime soon..

Nice work on scratching them suckas out of there...

Congrats,
Gary

Hitts0n
01-13-2009, 05:07 PM
Nice work out there! Me and t/O will be out there real soon !

PureAle
01-13-2009, 05:29 PM
nice report and catch. need to take a stroll to pyramid.

PureAle

Captain Castaic
01-13-2009, 09:49 PM
Nice tacos Shock! Way to slay.

C.C.

TroutOnly
01-14-2009, 07:24 AM
way to troll shock,,,,FISH-TACOS,,,,,,,,,,,,t/o

socalrippin
01-14-2009, 07:51 AM
yeah good job on the troll bra. ive been trolling alot lately and it seems to produce more than i thought. what were you trolling?

Shock
01-14-2009, 08:28 AM
yeah good job on the troll bra. ive been trolling alot lately and it seems to produce more than i thought. what were you trolling?

umbrellas with bucktails/swimbodies

Striper Bill
01-14-2009, 08:30 AM
Nice, Pyamid looks great! Thanks for the report and Nice pics.

numbnuts
01-14-2009, 06:20 PM
Way to go man, looks like you guys had a good time.

iglubov
01-22-2009, 07:16 PM
I noticed in my recent comings to PL that fish caught is very small, and bites are very weak. In comparison to last year, it's a lot worse. I didn't catch any big ones. Maybe it happened right after lake maintenance last year, hah?

trail blazer
01-23-2009, 06:31 AM
Thanks for the INFORMATIVE report on the whereaboughts of those PYRAMID stripes..........

been wanting to get up there and give it a try.

Shock
01-23-2009, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the INFORMATIVE report on the whereaboughts of those PYRAMID stripes..........

been wanting to get up there and give it a try.

Get out there TB and slayem like you do at the DUCT!!!

Shock
01-23-2009, 08:22 AM
I noticed in my recent comings to PL that fish caught is very small, and bites are very weak. In comparison to last year, it's a lot worse. I didn't catch any big ones. Maybe it happened right after lake maintenance last year, hah?

The bigger one I caught SLAMMED my rig. At first I thought it was much bigger then it ended up being.

The bigger ones will come around you just got to keep on huntin them down.

one_leg
01-23-2009, 08:35 AM
Joseph, I missed this report the first time around. Nice job out there.

crappie stalker
01-23-2009, 09:24 PM
Nice work out there.. 9 sounds like some good taco material..

CS

iglubov
01-24-2009, 12:23 PM
The bigger one I caught SLAMMED my rig. At first I thought it was much bigger then it ended up being.

The bigger ones will come around you just got to keep on huntin them down.

I failed to catch big one too (broken line), but I believe it was catfish because I got one 10 min later.

Striper Bill
01-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Nice going on the trolling shock!