PDA

View Full Version : a few questions.

lilmystery246
01-12-2009, 03:21 PM
hey everyone i was wondering if big bear lake is frozen rite now or somethin? i went up there last winter and i remember seeing a small pond where people were fishing it and catching trout. but in that pond you have to pay for every fish you catch and i want to go there relly bad but i dont know the name of it and if its still there? does anybody know this pond?

one more thing do striper bass eat trout? if they do do you think they will go for the bbz-1 floater? im thinking of hitting up silverwood once i get my swimbait rod setup which if maybe today

DCCTrouserTrout
01-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Yeah, it is right on Big Bear Blvd. and Fox Farm Rd. I think that is the one you are talking about. You have to pay for every fish you catch. Im sure you can fish the main lake though. I doubt it is frozen over right now but I could be wrong...

calico killer kevin
01-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Good luck with the stripers at Big Bear.:LOL:
Might want to go to Silverwood for those.

HEMAN
01-12-2009, 05:03 PM
Good luck with the stripers at Big Bear.:LOL:
Might want to go to Silverwood for those.

i think that's what he meant is that he wants to use the BBZ at Silverwood... i was thinking the same thing.. just bad organization in his writing..

i'm still looking for my first swimbait fish as well.

smokinflies
01-12-2009, 05:34 PM
Damn dude, you're starting off the year in full force. That's cool!

NoHo ART
01-12-2009, 10:49 PM
i was in big bear jan 1st-5th the lake looked like it was frozen all over

socalrippin
01-12-2009, 11:11 PM
oh yeah stripers eat trout! stripers eat everything. toss that bbz all day long!

Flying
01-13-2009, 01:22 AM
Alpine Trout Lakes
http://www.alpinetroutlakes.com/

Its closed right now(I'm sure it frozen solid) and my not reopen at all.

My kid caught his first fish there many years ago.