PDA

View Full Version : Lake Wohlford 1/11/09

boojoo
01-11-2009, 09:15 PM
I went to Lake Wohlford today to get some fishing in. The weather felt pretty weird with the Santa Ana's, it didn't seem like trout season. It was pretty warm out there today. Well the fishing was ok for the most part. I manage to get two strikes within the first hour but missed both of them not paying attention to my rod because i was messing with my other one. Anyway, I got my first trout at about 7:05am on the Garlic Powerbait. I rebaited and through it back out there and while putting my strike indicator on my line went tight and had another one on. I fought this fish for a minute and just as i was going to net the "tailwalker" it decides that it wanted to take one last run and spit the hook right back at me. I was pretty bummed because this was one of the larger ones. Anyway, i ended staying at the lake until about 3pm and i manage to a total of 4 trout. I tried everything for that last fish to complete my first limit for 09' but it didn't come.
Anyway, I caught my trout on Garlic Powerbait, power worms, gulp eggs, and N/C's. It was nice to be out there and pull on some fish. Unitl next time.....take care!!!

BooJoo

FISHBAIT
01-11-2009, 09:24 PM
Good work. What about the pics makes the stories better.