PDA

View Full Version : Monterey perch?

dockboy
01-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Wasup to all the fisherman in the Monterey bay area! Had a question. I was a bit curious about the surf perch in the area. Whats the best you have landed in the Monterey Bay surf? I caught one today that a big slab. Took both hands to realse her. Id say about a foot and about 3lbs or so. Thats my best so far but I havent been in SC long. Any more big perch slabs out there?

sesgia
01-12-2009, 09:48 PM
where you are there are big sucker out there but head up north like halfmoon bay is a good place for the sucker. and if you are cast out the some hammer head plastic with heaves lead and you'll get some knuckle,bank,and maybe johnny

bones
01-24-2009, 09:07 PM
where you are there are big sucker out there but head up north like halfmoon bay is a good place for the sucker. and if you are cast out the some hammer head plastic with heaves lead and you'll get some knuckle,bank,and maybe johnny

I stretched my brain and still can't understand this language....Is it just me?

dockboy
01-25-2009, 03:07 PM
I think he is referring to the rock fishing up in Halfmoon Bay. Apparently, from what Ive heard, the rockfishing is much better up there and they can be caught from shore from time to time. I have a hard time understanding it too lol