PDA

View Full Version : A Little Good News for Us Durring Some Hard Times

Granny Fish
01-11-2009, 06:44 PM
Two things:

First, the last few months have been very difficult for us. One of our rental properties in Missouri has been empty since September and after having to sink 5K into repairs after the old tennants left it a mess and having to carry the mortgage on that property for the last several months, we have been struggling to make enough money to pay the bills, much less have money to do anything else besides.

Saturday, our property manager told us (finally) that we have a renter!

Second, I've been sick the last 4 weeks (I'm seldom sick). I had to take off work two days from work recently. I always feel guilty taking time off for being sick (don't know why). I'm always afraid I'll miss something or afraid of what I'll need to catch up with when I return.

Returned to work Thursday after 2 days sick to find out that Tuesday our department had lay offs, due to our company changing the way we do business.

My boss brought me into his office Thursday morning to explain the changes that took place while I was gone. I was happy to find out that even though I will need to return to my previous position in the firm, I will still be making the same money. When the decision came down to who was to go, I was chosen to stay because of the value I bring to the firm.
I can't help but feel a littlle like celebrating. :Dancing Banana:

See everyone next week at Irvine Lake!

one_leg
01-11-2009, 07:05 PM
Tammy, I am real happy to hear that things are looking up for you and your family.

smalweld
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Keep your head up and get out every now and then, even if its to the local pond. Fishing still helps to clear the mind of the crap from the work week.

Know how the economy is getting.. Was 8 guys at my shop with two shifts. Now down to one shift with me and the owners son out in the shop.... Scary out there right now for anyone looking for a job..

Sean

Troutman65
01-11-2009, 08:20 PM
Tammy :Shocked: OMG. Thanks for the update. I shot some pool tonight and thought of you & Mike. Looking forward to shooting a few games of 8 ball w/ you & Mike just as soon as your feeling up to it.:Wink: We all have to be thankful for what we have .:Wink:

baadfish69
01-12-2009, 10:36 AM
Nice to hear of a positive story during these times.

I lost my job in March of last year, and finally decided to quit looking for a new one. Ive decided to go back to school and finish my degree in Respiratory Therapy. I dont see the medical field struggling at all. The way I see it.....tough times can also change your life for the better. I was growing tired of plumbing anyways.

Best of luck to you Granny!

Mondo21
01-12-2009, 11:59 AM
Glad to hear the good news Tammy. See you on Saturday. Cindy:Big Grin:

Nessie Hunter
01-12-2009, 01:26 PM
Tammy, no worries girlfriend.......

Mike & I are starting a lawn service...
We only have to decide who gets to push & who gets to rake....

The Big Money will be rolling in by summer..... :EyePop:

DarkShadow
01-12-2009, 01:29 PM

I hear that market is cornered already, Nessie.

Best you find something that is unique to your experiences.

Maybe you can start a Cell Phone/Digital Camera Recovery Service.

Sue
01-12-2009, 01:48 PM
That's a great bit of news Tammy.
I miss you, can't wait to see you next weekend!

SQUIRREL
01-12-2009, 01:51 PM
It is great to hear good news.

Thanks Andy

Santa Fe Eric
01-12-2009, 06:32 PM
Glad things are beginning to look up again! I miss you and your family. Praying that things continue to look up for you in '09.

SFE

bruce watson
01-12-2009, 06:57 PM
Tammy and Mike. 2008 was a crappy year, wasn't it. I almost paniced into selling my boat. Sandy finally has a job after a year and a half. It's starting to look a little better. I'll see you guys Saturday.

olfishergal
01-12-2009, 07:04 PM
Glad to saee everything is going good for you guys. That darn boat is a hard one to steer. I could stand a little life jacket toss too.......Lets all just have a good time this weekend....I have been sick for the past month too, darn flu just hangs on and hangs on. I plan on leaving all the problems home this weekend and just fish and relax. See you guys Saturday....OFG

ghetto dad
01-12-2009, 10:18 PM
Two things:

First, the last few months have been very difficult for us. One of our rental properties in Missouri has been empty since September and after having to sink 5K into repairs after the old tennants left it a mess and having to carry the mortgage on that property for the last several months, we have been struggling to make enough money to pay the bills, much less have money to do anything else besides.

Saturday, our property manager told us (finally) that we have a renter!

Second, I've been sick the last 4 weeks (I'm seldom sick). I had to take off work two days from work recently. I always feel guilty taking time off for being sick (don't know why). I'm always afraid I'll miss something or afraid of what I'll need to catch up with when I return.

Returned to work Thursday after 2 days sick to find out that Tuesday our department had lay offs, due to our company changing the way we do business.

My boss brought me into his office Thursday morning to explain the changes that took place while I was gone. I was happy to find out that even though I will need to return to my previous position in the firm, I will still be making the same money. When the decision came down to who was to go, I was chosen to stay because of the value I bring to the firm.
I can't help but feel a littlle like celebrating. :Dancing Banana:

See everyone next week at Irvine Lake!

Im really happy for you GF....didnt relize things werent going well for you now.....you take care.....

GD

Granny Fish
01-13-2009, 08:33 PM
Thanks to everyone for the well wishes. It is always good to see a little light through the window and good to have friends to share good times and bad.

Tammy, no worries girlfriend.......

We only have to decide who gets to push & who gets to rake....

The Big Money will be rolling in by summer..... :EyePop:

I hear that market is cornered already, Nessie.

Best you find something that is unique to your experiences.

Maybe you can start a Cell Phone/Digital Camera Recovery Service.

Thanks for the laugh guys. I can always count on you both for a good laugh. :LOL:

Tammy and Mike. 2008 was a crappy year, wasn't it. I almost paniced into selling my boat.

I'm really glad you didn't need to sell you boat Bruce. :Cool:

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday, doing a little fishing and perhaps even catching a money fish. Unfortunately, it looks like Mike will need to work for half the day so will be coming out after noon.:Sad:

ThemBastards
01-13-2009, 09:41 PM
Good to hear Tammy! If it makes you feel any better I am losing my office, my boss owns our building and is restructuring the floor plan. My office will now be part of a Drs office. Oh well, still working :Big Grin: