PDA

View Full Version : *****nbu colonet on fire 2~!!!

k3vin_kim
01-11-2009, 03:04 PM
The picture says it all...

Oz
01-11-2009, 05:03 PM
:ROFL::ROFL: that bad k3v???

k3vin_kim
01-11-2009, 05:46 PM
The trip didn't exactly go as planned. The God damned winds affected the original plan. Colonet was blowing 35 knots so we stopped 11 miles short of where we were the last time.

It was nice to see Coach on the trip w/us though.

I'd have to say the highlight of the trip was definately when Bob and I were driving on the way down. We took the freeway but we also took the "HIGH-way".

SOrry about that first night Coach - when you were trying to have a conversation w/me but i was blitzed outta my mind. I couldn't put together an intelligent sentence to save my life.

Ey Bob, why does it seem like the road is curving forever??? LOL~!! That Granny stuff was pretty potent.

WEll, I can't say that the crew didn't bust their balls though - YT's or rockfish alike, the crew still did their best - untangling and putting us on the rockfish spots. I mean - we DID pretty much score triple limits on HUGE reds, Bocs, Bosco's and a good number of Lings.

Jackpot went to a... Boner??? i thinK?? Either a bone or a huge red.

One of the guys went down w/a dropper looped sardine and caught a 4 and a half foot Soupfin Shark.

The Chef made the bomb meals too.

supasportkid
01-11-2009, 08:26 PM
that sucks about the wind, but good job on the quality rock fish

CalamARI
01-11-2009, 10:14 PM
Nice job on the reds.
I'm going down next weekend to try my luck.
Is that one of those sweet new Shimano belts? Bada$$.

Oz
01-12-2009, 12:34 AM
thats the way it goes sometimes man...but hey u filled ya sacks with huge red and lings and u got to chill with the homie coach so thats a plus :Cool: u know u will get em next time.

the food looked good with the pineapple mannnnnnn.....lol bob looks like he is all into his burger :ROFL:

troutdog
01-12-2009, 12:59 AM
Great to see the FNN guys not letting the wind spoil the trip, nice looking reds your sportin...hopefully conditions are better next go around. Fish or not your report and pics are great, be careful out there on the High-Way.

TD

ghetto dad
01-12-2009, 04:36 AM
Damn, I guess Colonett wasnt on fire this trip for you homie....at least you got out brother!!! Take it easy homie

GD

sansou
01-12-2009, 07:43 AM
Pinche Santa Ana winds!! :Evil:

Looks like you guys still hooked in to some nice rojos despite the conditions and managed a good time. No worries, the yellowtail aren't going anywhere, they will continue to grow and be that much larger the next time you make it out!

one_leg
01-12-2009, 07:55 AM
K3vin, Very cool of Craig T. Nelson letting you get a photo of you standing with him at the rail.

I thought you meant that you fished with DeanHall32. Without a hat Dean looks just like C. T. Nelson.

Thanks for the report/pics.

C ya on the water one of these days.

Keep outslaying everyone K3vin_Kim.

deanhall32
01-12-2009, 10:07 AM
The bottom fishing was excellent and kept everyone busy all day. The meals were outstanding and the crew busted butt.

On the way home I woke up at 11:30 PM to take a leak and noticed LASmoker and a kid ( can't remember his name but he is a pinhead on the Native Sun ) involved in a very serious game of poker. Instead of betting money, they would make the loser eat some kind of food such as a half tablespoon of coffee grounds, mustard and honey etc... This progressed into the loser having to take his shirt off and stand in the stern outside for 1 minute or stick your head into a trashcan filled with toilet paper from the bathroom and other stuff. Finally, the kid had to wear a g-string fashioned by LASmoker made of cellophane outside of his jeans for the rest of the trip.

Needless to say- a fun trip

k3vin_kim
01-12-2009, 12:22 PM
oh yeah - how could i forget the card games...

Remember when that kid had to lick the seat cushion in the galley - that was NASTY~!

oh yeah - and the SHimano rod wrap belts - that's something i picked up in county... I forgot my belt at home.

Ricky-Ray
01-12-2009, 12:40 PM
Nice report. LOL about the pics say's it all.

Limit's of bottom grabbers and a nice day on the water is still a great trip. Awesome!

gallogg
01-12-2009, 01:37 PM
Good job on rockfish!

Sammy

LA Smoker
01-12-2009, 03:15 PM
The bottom fishing was excellent and kept everyone busy all day. The meals were outstanding and the crew busted butt.

On the way home I woke up at 11:30 PM to take a leak and noticed LASmoker and a kid ( can't remember his name but he is a pinhead on the Native Sun ) involved in a very serious game of poker. Instead of betting money, they would make the loser eat some kind of food such as a half tablespoon of coffee grounds, mustard and honey etc... This progressed into the loser having to take his shirt off and stand in the stern outside for 1 minute or stick your head into a trashcan filled with toilet paper from the bathroom and other stuff. Finally, the kid had to wear a g-string fashioned by LASmoker made of cellophane outside of his jeans for the rest of the trip.

Needless to say- a fun trip

His name is Marcus, and he's a pinhead aboard the Native Sun. I promised I wouldnt post any pics... but he sure was purty in his bikini...

gallogg
01-12-2009, 03:22 PM
His name is Marcus, and he's a pinhead aboard the Native Sun. I promised I wouldnt post any pics... but he sure was purty in his bikini...

Dude,

That's too funny!!!

Sammy