PDA

View Full Version : Pyramid saturday w/hiro

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-11-2009, 12:29 PM
The wind was unforgiving right from the start...long story short...we ended up catching 4 stripers and I landed 1 pig catfish and lost another huge pig catfish that just came unbuttoned about 12-15' from the boat.

Tough conditions made it a tough day but we still left with fish under our belt...

I'm posting from a friends pc so I'll have to post photos later.

didnt head out today (sun) due to the gale force winds.....BUMMER !

It was good to get out though as I've been sick since new years and I just HAD to get out and KILL me somethin....

Just had fresh striper for dinner last night and breakfast this morning, I'd say mission accomplished...looks like it may be a catfish lunch !

2 stripes came from the troll and the others on crawlers, the kitties on dines in about18-20'

Didn't see any surface activity but the water level and clarity is good....DAMNED WIND !!!

Photos later..

Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09HIRO-1.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09GARY-STRIPER.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09GARY-KITTY.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09BATTERED.jpg

DCCTrouserTrout
01-11-2009, 12:33 PM
Yeah, I hate it when the wind has to howl when I am out fishing... At least you picked up a few

Tr1p0d
01-11-2009, 03:30 PM
Yes you got some and you made it out. Thanks for the report...

lizzay
01-11-2009, 03:51 PM
Way to go on the no skunk in the wind. I hate that wind but what can you do...

Wingnut
01-11-2009, 05:26 PM
Nice job in windy conditions, really tough to fish in that Pyramid wind. At least you got a few Linesides out of it... bummer about the lost Kittie.
My turn to get sick :mad:, just stayed in bed and watched football all weekend. But I'd rather be out there fishing. :LOL:

sidified
01-11-2009, 07:19 PM
Yah, baby, that's what I'M looking for: Castaic/Pyramid reports--way to go and post--I was at Pyramid last Monday--Got a real late start-- trolled those pretty pink umbrellas for no love; kinda glad to know those Pyramid stripes are ALL MEN! Then again the chartreuse combo didn't produce for me either--maybe they are sexually confused as what to eat??!! See what you did by throwing that sissy stuff at 'em, TO? I ended up with a couple of schoolies on chovies(yuck) anchored in Yellowbar--a lot of stripes and shad metered at 97 feet off the dock---Well I'm hitting one of those two ponds this week--all stripes feed at their own peril!!

Hitts0n
01-11-2009, 07:33 PM
Like I said,powerful winds in y0 face !
Cant wait to kut another demo wiff you at striper bowl !:ROFL:

one_leg
01-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Like I said,powerful winds in y0 face !
Cant wait to kut another demo wiff you at striper bowl !:ROFL:

Hitts, maybe you can be the next American Idol? :ROFL:

Show a pic of the jigs you got them on please.

Thanks for the report/pics?

devin828
01-11-2009, 08:18 PM
nice report good to see action @ Prymid but could you explain this on the catfish action the kitties on dines in about18-20'
what are dines ?

devin828

chansen49
01-11-2009, 08:27 PM
sardines is the answer

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-11-2009, 08:38 PM
Hitts, maybe you can be the next American Idol? :ROFL:

Show a pic of the jigs you got them on please.

Thanks for the report/pics?
da jigs are top secret (I assure you they arent pink !)....how bad do you want them...and how bad are you willing to work for them ?

GeordyBass
01-11-2009, 08:56 PM
how bad do you want them...and how bad are you willing to work for them ?
boofoo.

:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

kpn
01-12-2009, 07:15 AM
You guys did not call me either :ROFL:. Great job out there guys despite the wind.
Call me when you have a chance (about the the project) Gary.

KPN.

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:34 AM
You guys did not call me either :ROFL:. Great job out there guys despite the wind.
Call me when you have a chance (about the the project) Gary.

KPN.

Top secret top water lure coming up !

HEMAN
01-12-2009, 10:25 AM
trolled those pretty pink umbrellas for no love; kinda glad to know those Pyramid stripes are ALL MEN! ...--maybe they are sexually confused as what to eat??!!

wouldn't you want the male stripes to be eating the pink?

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-12-2009, 02:06 PM
Top secret top water lure coming up !

You are not too far off base...top secret mission is underway and mission impossible will be possible afterall...BUT...it will be a surprise.....not what you are thinking it is !!!!!!!!!!!

Photos added above.....of da trip...not the secret mission !

TroutOnly
01-12-2009, 02:25 PM
NICE STRIPEYS AND A KITTIE TO BOOT,,,,,t/o

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 02:59 PM
You guys are soldiers !:Worship:

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-12-2009, 03:42 PM
NICE STRIPEYS AND A KITTIE TO BOOT,,,,,t/o

I forgot to mention, I dedicate that fat Kitty to Trolly and Pontoon !!!!

A tip o the hat to them both.......when I landed it, Hiro's said that They would be proud and I said I would dedicate it to them.......

SALUTE Guys !!!! should have been 2 but the other one was bigger and smarter and bested me at my own game....all good though, I battled him for a while.....

Chris and Terry....this one was fer you.....................!

calico killer kevin
01-12-2009, 04:31 PM
Nice fish.
BTW what seasonings did you use?
THat looks good.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-12-2009, 04:51 PM
Nice fish.
BTW what seasonings did you use?
THat looks good.

Mckormicks beer batter and I add, Granulated Garlic, lemon and pepper seasoning and old bay seasoning, all into the batter mix…it rocks….look tomorrow afternoon in the recipe section, I will be posting all of this and step by step photos on the how to’s…

GeordyBass
01-12-2009, 06:50 PM
Nice Job Kids!!!Way to make the SLAY!!!

nice kitty too old geezer!:Wink:

next we'll tear em up feelthekittypeel!

crappiemike
01-12-2009, 06:55 PM
nice catch out there. i cook'em up the same way, taste sooo goood!!!

cm

old pudd fisher
01-12-2009, 07:53 PM
The wind was unforgiving right from the start...long story short...we ended up catching 4 stripers and I landed 1 pig catfish and lost another huge pig catfish that just came unbuttoned about 12-15' from the boat.

Tough conditions made it a tough day but we still left with fish under our belt...

I'm posting from a friends pc so I'll have to post photos later.

didnt head out today (sun) due to the gale force winds.....BUMMER !

It was good to get out though as I've been sick since new years and I just HAD to get out and KILL me somethin....

Just had fresh striper for dinner last night and breakfast this morning, I'd say mission accomplished...looks like it may be a catfish lunch !

2 stripes came from the troll and the others on crawlers, the kitties on dines in about18-20'

Didn't see any surface activity but the water level and clarity is good....DAMNED WIND !!!

Photos later..

Gary

http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09HIRO-1.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09GARY-STRIPER.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09GARY-KITTY.jpg
http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn284/garywuebben/PYRAMIDWINDYDAY1-10-09BATTERED.jpg

Looks like h salt yummy lookin dish.

FISHSTIX
01-12-2009, 08:09 PM
Nice fish guys, the finished product looks very appetizing:Beer Toast:

calico killer kevin
01-12-2009, 09:44 PM
Mckormicks beer batter and I add, Granulated Garlic, lemon and pepper seasoning and old bay seasoning, all into the batter mix…it rocks….look tomorrow afternoon in the recipe section, I will be posting all of this and step by step photos on the how to’s…

Thanks a ton. Can't always have stripers so do you
think they'll be good with trout?

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-13-2009, 10:00 AM
Thanks a ton. Can't always have stripers so do you
think they'll be good with trout?
That recipe will pretty much work on just about any fish but with the trout you have the bones.....not sure how you'd deal with them but the mix will rock....I suppose if you were to fillet them and were able to get the last bone line out it would rock...in fact, as I type this, I visualized it in my head and now I'm salivating...

Good luck and good eatin...
Gary