PDA

View Full Version : the REAL dvl report lol

matt duarte
01-10-2009, 11:36 PM
ok heres the real report lol i posted the "live" report before i got to the lake and when i got there i didnt have service haha...

so heres how the day went, i woke up this morning thinking that it was gonna be a good windy day to toss big baits...well i woke up and there was no wind at all!.. i packed up and went to the lake any way since i just want to toss big baits lol.
on my way down there i stoped at last chance...kinda by accident, i wasnt planning on going there for some reason i wasnt thinking and exited the freeway towards last chance... when i realized it i was like WTF..oh well if anything ill just go to say whats up to chris and megan..little did i know id be spending money lol... now back to the lake
heres a picture of the lake when i first got there.. no wind
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture079.jpg
i was throwing the 8" hudd most of the time since i new it wouldnt get stuck. i walked from the marina to the damn and back again. i saw one lil bass proly a 2 to 3 lber swimming close to shore...saw my shadow and swam away..
heres the new toy i bought at last chance.. pretty much bought it for when april comes around but i just wanted to play with it..and its awesome! you can twitch it and slow roll it in twitching it is the best!
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture080.jpg
another view of the lake
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture081.jpg
and a pamaramic view
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture082.jpg
on my way out i stopped at the marina cove one last time. i was throwing the bbz slow sink and all i got was a follower...i think it was a lineside it looked longer and skinnier than a bass..it swam by fast and the water was kind of clouded from a passing boats wake on shore..but it was a FOLLOWER! one step closer haha...
heres where i was when i got the follower
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture083.jpg
and at the end of the day...i dont know what else to do...oh well i tried always next time
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture084.jpg

haha thanks for reading guys..sorry the live report didnt come thru lol

oops forgot to add this..these are the baits i used today...all day lol
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f172/oneUPfabrication/Picture085.jpg

hippi
01-10-2009, 11:52 PM
nice try Matt... its hard to get those stripes to bite! Nice report, and even nicer artillery you have there, your due soon bro!...

tacklejunkie
01-11-2009, 12:30 AM
Keep at it man!
Get on a boat!
Those shellcrackers are cool. Been wanting the sinking one for a while.
I've seen big ol Perris bass chasing fat gills all over the surface out there before.

WARRIORMIKE
01-11-2009, 12:46 AM
I have lot of success with that Shell Cracker at FPL and Perris

Seng90806
01-11-2009, 01:35 AM
looks like a beautiful day out there...you'll get em' next time :LOL:

fishtacosmmm
01-11-2009, 07:25 AM
Dude the lures are too big,
the striper has been on smaller lures,
people lie to sell a lure, specially the expensive ones

try the 4 inch spro BBz1 and smaller
like a 3 inch-storm swim shad in white
on 6 # test, you'll catch a few

also some of the striper school lately had been on small shad
kastmasters in silver, small, little ones are best

good luck
eddie

WARRIORMIKE
01-11-2009, 08:07 AM

Maybe??

Its all going to be cost and profit!!!

Rick Grover
01-11-2009, 08:52 AM
the fish are in 55-65 feet. Unless there are stormy conditions you are wasting your time walking the bank unless you are fishing for planter trout. Save that money you are spending on swimbaits at Last Chance and have them sell you some spoons and icejigs. With the savings go rent a boat with a meter on it and go out to where the fish really are and have been this time of year since the place opened...... DEEP IN WINTER. Sorry for the reality check, but those are the facts. Another alternative is get some buddies and go in on a Guide trip with ART/ART. They will put you on them. If they ever open that lake EARLY in the AM like a real lake you have a shot with the swimmers early. But since they dont, gotta go DOWNTOWN to get them. Rick Grover Anglers Marine

dodoman
01-11-2009, 09:59 AM
matt, everyone is right, USE smaller bait .
we have had better luck on smaller bait.
if you plan on using bigger bait, gooooooooooooooo deep bro.

i see you picked off a few swimmys i was eyeing for at last chance.lol

Pete Marino
01-11-2009, 11:00 AM
You need to go deep to find them. Id say 45-60 ft. Spoons, Ice Jigs, or Crig.

Hey Rick...wheres the Love??? Art/Art? What about Art/Art/Pete......?
Sheesh!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909) 510-5679

HuskerRod
01-11-2009, 01:55 PM
Nice looking little tackle arsenal. I've come to the realization that I will not throw swimmies at DVL unless their is a low pressure coming though with clouds, rain, wind, sleet, etc. with the exception of about the first thirty minutes of the morning, but they just seem to open later and later out there.

Huskerrod

dodoman
01-11-2009, 04:10 PM
yah, 7:00 a.m.

it sucks..........wished they opened sooner.

RamboBoy
01-11-2009, 06:50 PM
You need to go deep to find them. Id say 45-60 ft. Spoons, Ice Jigs, or Crig.

Hey Rick...wheres the Love??? Art/Art? What about Art/Art/Pete......?
Sheesh!

Pete:Cool:

PeteMarinoGuideService .com
(909) 510-5679

That is what I was casting my trout swimbait to go sinking in the deep water. LEARN PATIENCE let it go sinking itself and swimbait will make movement itself, so striper can attractive your lure. So get a rental boat matt.

RamboBoy
01-11-2009, 06:57 PM
Dude the lures are too big,
the striper has been on smaller lures,

try the 4 inch spro BBz1 and smaller
like a 3 inch-storm swim shad in white
on 6 # test, you'll catch a few

also some of the striper school lately had been on small shad
kastmasters in silver, small, little ones are best

good luck
eddie

I have used small L-Trap Pearl Shad, was casting it. I wait the L-trap go sinking when you see the test line goes down, and then retrieve slowly. I caught one l.m.b. in East dam, not a striper. Dawg man.

It doesn't matter whether is big or small, a striper can bite big or small lure, if it go sinking to deep in the water instead of shallow shore.

Ronira
01-11-2009, 07:27 PM
Hey Matt, hows it going dawg. Nice selection of baits, sorry about the skunk.

Socal Bassman
01-11-2009, 08:05 PM
Dude, you've been paying your dues bigtime on those baits and lake. It's going to pay off big for you soon. Like the arsenal you've accumulated.

matt duarte
01-11-2009, 08:37 PM
ya i know the bass are deep right now... i bought that gill for later in the season i was just playing with it... and i know ill have better chances fishing smaller jigs and what not but i figure if i dont stop throwing big baits big momma will comer sooner than later...haha

ya this big bait buying has become addicting lol once i get my sir brush and can paint my baits ill proly wont buy as much...still got to get a few triple trouts for the collection though.. oh and rick its no reality check i know the patterns and i know ill have a lot better chance fishing deeper im just dialing in the swimbait tech. thats also why i fished the hudd most of the time cause id be able to cast it far and let it sink...

tacklejunkie
01-12-2009, 07:39 AM
It does not matter if the bass are deep.
If there's one thing I learned it's that there is still always one shallow fish on the water. It can just be tricky to find it sometimes.

You will get it Matt.
I have a feeling that fishing there you might get pulled in the drink by something a bit bigger than your average swimbait LMB. Come spring those loud clakin' jointed baits will tear it up locally. :Wink:

Remember to deadstick the heck out of those floaters too and twitch them when they're being followed. I've watched dieing floating fish and they don't move much besides their fins and drift with the wind. That's why thye put those feather tails on there to simulate the same thing. They only start running when they are being chased..

matt duarte
01-12-2009, 07:53 AM
thanks TJ! Ya theres always a few fish in the shallows...saw a bass swimming in proly 2 ft of water at dvl but it swam away as soon as it saw my shadow..

also im not in search for the stripers, mainly lookin for largemouth but if a striper wants to hit it im down to reel it in haha...thats what im waiting for tj.. SPAWN! The shellcracker is gonna kill it! The action on this this is awesome! It basically swims by itself...

snag
01-12-2009, 12:12 PM
Matt,

Sorry I didn't run into you Saturday...the kid and I opted for a boat.
Had one Striper that flashed down deep under the Triple Trout, like 10 to 15 feet under the the bait. It wasn't one of the bigger models but a flash was better than nothing.

Saw a few shallow LMB in various areas but that was about it.
I have to agree with the going deep method during winter.
We need some more foul weather and soon.

Nice aresenal your putting together!

Tight lines to you

matt duarte
01-12-2009, 12:17 PM
thanks snag... ya boats are proly the way to go... all i saw was a flash to it was a good sized flash im guessing at least 2ft long its swam by fast though..but like u said a flash is better than nothing! i cant wait for it to warm up so i actually will have a chance for a big dog to ripp my bait.. alot of the fish are proly going after all the dieing shad.. its proly a easier meal.. once spring comes though its on! big bass baits will kill!

fishindude420
01-12-2009, 12:24 PM
ya i know the bass are deep right now... i bought that gill for later in the season i was just playing with it... and i know ill have better chances fishing smaller jigs and what not but i figure if i dont stop throwing big baits big momma will comer sooner than later...haha

ya this big bait buying has become addicting lol once i get my sir brush and can paint my baits ill proly wont buy as much...still got to get a few triple trouts for the collection though.. oh and rick its no reality check i know the patterns and i know ill have a lot better chance fishing deeper im just dialing in the swimbait tech. thats also why i fished the hudd most of the time cause id be able to cast it far and let it sink...

not everyone is right about all the bass being deep man. You can still catch them from shore. Most of the fish are deep but theres still nice fish up tight. last wednesday i got in a school in the back of a cove in 5 feet of water in the middle of the day. 5 feet doesnt sound very deep to me. And my buddy found a school in shallow water too that day. Keep it up bro your not doing anything wrong. Your gonna get one of those toads sooner then later! It would help a lot if you did get a boat though :) You will have access to more fish. Hit me up next time and we will all throw in on a boat.

MAVERICK27
01-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Way to stick it out Matt..i wish they let my boat on there, I have all the deep water toys...downrigger, lead core, etc...we could get on em for sure!!!!

snag
01-12-2009, 05:36 PM
Matt,

Clear you PM's

LOL

matt duarte
01-12-2009, 09:17 PM
cleared lol

socalrippin
01-13-2009, 04:41 PM
ill go in on a boat!!! wed are half off!!!

matt duarte
01-13-2009, 05:11 PM
2 bad i work weds. Im down to go in on one on a weekend.. We get 3 or 4 guys a pontoon is pretty cheap! Even on a bass boat 2 people is 60 a piece