PDA

View Full Version : Fin n Feather Boat inspection update

INDOANGLER2
01-10-2009, 11:18 PM
Here is the latest update regading the mussell boat inspection:

- Palmdale Water District will be adopting the regulations that Lake Casitas uses.

- 15 staff members and volunteers were certified for boat inspections by the DFG this past Friday.

- FNF hopes to start boat inspection some time this week, I believe they are waiting for approval from the state or water district and the locks that were ordered. CALL THE OFFICE BEFORE YOU TAKE YOUR BOAT TO BE INSPECTED.

- The boat inspection are very very strict. When you get your boat inspected everything that is loose needs to be removed from the boat.(life vests, anchors, oars, poles, everything. Your boat and trailer must be completely cleaned and dry, including inside the motor, bilge pump etc. The inspection will take from 20 to 30 minutes.

- There is a 10 day quaranteen, this means that IF YOU WANT YOUR BOAT ON THE WATER ON OPENING DAY JANUARY 31ST, IT MUST PASS INPECTION ON OR BEFORE JANUARY 21ST.

- There wil be a charge for the locks, they don't yet know how much but expect to pay at least $30.

- If your boat has been in the boat yard prior to January 3rd your boat should have a FNF tag on it, this tag is proof that your boat has been there for over 28 days and qualifies for the 28 day quaranteen and you do not need the inspection as long as your boat remains on the FNF premises. You need to check to make sure your boat has the tag.

This is about as much as I know. I asked the office if they have a plan in place to notifiy all the members with boats and no one knew anything. That is why I am posting this so that at least FNF members on this board are notified. If you know any FNF members with boats let them know whats going on and have them call the office at 661-947-2884. I hope this helps out a few.

tpfishnfool
01-11-2009, 07:53 AM
What a joke !! What about the duct that feeds the lake ? Zebra mussles in there to right ?
Just another nail in the coffin for one more lake. IMO . Let the **** fly boys and girls !!

INDOANGLER2
01-11-2009, 08:44 AM
What a joke !! What about the duct that feeds the lake ? Zebra mussles in there to right ?
Just another nail in the coffin for one more lake. IMO . Let the **** fly boys and girls !!
That was the first question someone asked the Palmdale Water guys and believe it or not this section of the duct has no signs of the mussel yet. And yes it is very likely that other waters will follow suit. The good thing is that there are plans to allow your boat on lakes that are on the same inspection system. For instance you will be able to take your boat to Casitas as long as the seal isn't broken.

WJC71
01-11-2009, 01:09 PM
It doesn't seem that bad
You can do a home quaratine
Here's the full Casitas Policy

http://www.lakecasitas.info/documents/BoatQuarantine091208.pdf

MarkyMark
01-11-2009, 07:16 PM
Went to the Fin today..Indo summed it up nicely. A wet boat is an automatic failure. They are really trying to deal to with the situation as best as they can. I didn't get my boat inspected, but will shortly.

MM

BIGRED KILLA
01-11-2009, 07:22 PM
So i guess you can't launch your boat in the rain/mist.I bet if they get the mussels in the lake they will stop all the inspections like Irvine did.

Bigred