PDA

View Full Version : Spitfire 1/10/09 Short Report (Sorry, No Pictures)

Jackpot Jimmy
01-10-2009, 07:05 PM
Went out on the Spitfire for the third weekend in a row today. The Saturday regulars were there, the guys of the Yak Club, Billy, Tom, Jerry, Jim, and Jack. They are all very nice guys and great sticks as well. Our Dana Point friends Lee, Jeanne, and Eddie joined us today, and thoroughly enjoyed themselves.

Our crew today would consist of Capt. Steven, Derrick in the galley, Morgan on deck, and Nick helping out on deck as well. Went up the line with little wind, and started off in about 70 feet of water. Bass fishing was good in the morning, and once again, you had to have ninja-like reflexes. I ended up catching a few nice bass and some sculpin.

By afternoon the wind kicked up and we tried to stay on the spot, but once we swung off of it, the bite would die off. So, we headed home on time, with about 50 bass in the bags. It was a nice day. Jack won jackpot with a 4# sand bass. Nice quality to them.

The Spitfire crew really wants you guys to hop on down and go fishing with them. Fishing is good right now, and you will have a good time with this great crew on the fabulous Spitfire. Call (310)-372-2111 for reservations. Bring 20-40# test and plenty of 1.5-3 oz. leadheads.

cappo
01-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Hey Jimmy, sounds like a good time. What happened man, I thought you were gonna school the Yaks. Wish I coulda joined you. Next time.

one_leg
01-10-2009, 08:16 PM
3 oz. leadheads. I have a real hard time finding those darned things.

The Spitfire rocks.

Jimmy, thanks for the report.

troutdog
01-10-2009, 08:19 PM
Nice report JPJ, I appreciate the inside scoop.

TD

JapanRon
01-11-2009, 02:31 PM
Hi JackpotJimmy,

Thanks for the report. Seems like they hit the shallow water consistantly ...... I like it I like it !! Any plastics fish ?!

JapanRon