PDA

View Full Version : Martin Luther King Tournamnet (Masters Qualifer) Jan 17-20th

VineAssist
01-10-2009, 04:17 PM
The Martin Luther King Tournament will be held this coming weekend (January 17th-20th) here at Irvine Lake and once again the managment at Irvine Lake has gone all out. A huge load of big fish will be put into the lake prior to the tournament in a couple of different locations.

Once again the Martin Luther King Tournamnet is a MASTERS QUALIFIER! The top ten fish (anglers who enter the event) will earn a birth into the Master's Tournament. Not only will a shot at being in the Masters be up for grabs but some major loot (money) as well.

The entry fee for this event is only $10. The managment at Irvine felt that this was very reasonable due to the event being three days. The amount of money paid out will vary directly with the amount of people entered into the event.
There will also be a raffle held each day of the event. The raffle will start promptly at 2:00pm! Be there or be square.. Shortly after the raffle we will annonce the winners. We ask that the winners stick around afterwards for pictures and information.

I hope to see everyone next weekend. I am very excited about this event because we are entering the prime of our Trout season and the lake has been prime for about a month now.Once again we will be putting TROPHY fish in for this event and Tim from Calavares assured me that their will be more brusiers in this load. So fill those reels with fresh line and stock up on your favorite trout offering.
Good luck everyone,
Jimmy

Mondo21
01-10-2009, 05:15 PM
All with full tails?! :ROFL: Cindy. See you tomorrow. Hope you won lots of loot Jimmy, I need a fifty.:ROFL::ROFL::ROFL:

Fisher-Fly
01-10-2009, 06:25 PM
See you all there and happy fishing! I hope the same issues from the last tournament do not arise this next MLK weekend.

VineAssist
01-10-2009, 06:55 PM
The issue you are referring to is being worked on. We are Going to be able to move the fish around this time due to the weather. Last time it was all mud and we could not move our fish around due to all the rains. However, I am borrowing an idea from another board member on moving fish around. I hope this helps everyone involved

Cindy I can not win any loot. I am not allowed to fish tournaments. No big deal though I am entering the all you can eat challange at the event and I plan on taking home the 1st place trophy..hahaha

troutdog
01-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Thank you for all the efforts being made by the Vine staff to ensure there is not a repeat of what happend at the December tourney....personally I think if the fish were planted say Wednesday or Thursday there would be no need to have multiple stocking sites. Thanks for hearing me out.

See you there,

TD

one_leg
01-10-2009, 08:07 PM
If you put a few in my way out there on the water I won't mind at all.

ogrich31
01-10-2009, 08:27 PM
is this event going to be $10 on top of the $22 entry fee ($32 entrance) or just a $10 entrance fee? because the numbers dont come out right.. seems like they'll be losing money.. haha.

troutdog
01-10-2009, 08:33 PM
$22 entry plus optional $10 optional tourney fee.

100% of all tourney fees are paid out, I think thats very cool.

TD

Rooster
01-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Props on going the extra yard this time Jimmy. Looking foward to it.

Super G
01-10-2009, 09:46 PM
The 17 - 20 would be four days ............
the 17th 18th 19th 20th ..........
what gives ??????????
G man

johnsfishing
01-10-2009, 09:56 PM
Here is the tourney flyer.

http://i197.photobucket.com/albums/aa18/johnsfishing/FNN%20Photos/martinluther2.jpg

johnsfishing

Super G
01-10-2009, 10:06 PM
so why does the post say the 20th :EyePop:!!
G

troutdog
01-10-2009, 10:46 PM
so why does the post say the 20th :EyePop:!!
G

I'm thinking way outside the box here, but I think VineAssist may have made a mistake :LOL:

TD

NoHo ART
01-11-2009, 02:15 AM
jimmy is having his own special tourney on the 20th :Outta Here:

VineAssist
01-11-2009, 09:39 AM
I goofed. There is no tournamnet on the 20th. The correct dates are January 17-19th. My bad.
Hahaha NoHo Art. I might fish a little Tuesday morning but I am thinking I will bass fish. I am for sure fishing on Thursday. I made a promise to someone that I would take them fishing and I dont want to break that.

TD and Rooster- As you all know we are more than willing to go the extra mile. The idea that I am borrowing should work out very well. Most important of all it involves [B]NO HOLDING PENS![B]. The person that I am borrowing the idea from knows what I am talking about. The fish will be distrubted throught the lake by myself or one of our employees. We want everyone to enjoy this tourny so go out and have fun.

Fisher-Fly
01-11-2009, 10:03 AM
I goofed. There is no tournamnet on the 20th. The correct dates are January 17-19th. My bad.
Hahaha NoHo Art. I might fish a little Tuesday morning but I am thinking I will bass fish. I am for sure fishing on Thursday. I made a promise to someone that I would take them fishing and I dont want to break that.

TD and Rooster- As you all know we are more than willing to go the extra mile. The idea that I am borrowing should work out very well. Most important of all it involves [B]NO HOLDING PENS![B]. The person that I am borrowing the idea from knows what I am talking about. The fish will be distrubted throught the lake by myself or one of our employees. We want everyone to enjoy this tourny so go out and have fun.

I have to say honestly, that the vine is first rate! The fact that you would respond to a concern regarding any problem with fishing at your lake is a positive for sure. Most lakes
would not even take time to hear any issues at their lake. They only concern is to take my money at the gate. Your concern in any matter and response makes it a pleasure to fish at the vine.

troutdog
01-11-2009, 10:40 AM

TD and Rooster- As you all know we are more than willing to go the extra mile. The idea that I am borrowing should work out very well. Most important of all it involves [b]NO HOLDING PENS![b]. The person that I am borrowing the idea from knows what I am talking about. The fish will be distrubted throught the lake by myself or one of our employees. We want everyone to enjoy this tourny so go out and have fun.

I think its really cool that Santa's reindeer are going to be a part of the fish stocking process....

TD

the fish taco
01-11-2009, 11:30 AM
its gonna be funny is the same guys that everyone is complaining about, takes the win again this time.... maybe nex event they wont allow that team to fish. Fact is fact, those guys are great fisherman...... they know they rules and the might walk on the edge of braking them but when it comes down to it they are fishing legal. Good luck to everyone, FISH HARD AND STOP CRYING!!!!!!!

VineAssist
01-11-2009, 12:41 PM
[QUOTE=Fisher-Fly;293196]I have to say honestly, that the vine is first rate! The fact that you would respond to a concern regarding any problem with fishing at your lake is a positive for sure. Most lakes
would not even take time to hear any issues at their lake. They only concern is to take my money at the gate.[Your concern in any matter and response makes it a pleasure to fish at the vine.[/QUOTE
Thanks for the compliment. We try very hard here at Irvine Lake to satisfy our clients. All of our managment reads this and many other websites. If we see people complain we brainstorm on ways to fix the problem if we find it feasable.

kewlwhip
01-11-2009, 05:56 PM
sounds like fun to me!

Mondo21
01-11-2009, 06:02 PM
The issue you are referring to is being worked on. We are Going to be able to move the fish around this time due to the weather. Last time it was all mud and we could not move our fish around due to all the rains. However, I am borrowing an idea from another board member on moving fish around. I hope this helps everyone involved

Cindy I can not win any loot. I am not allowed to fish tournaments. No big deal though I am entering the all you can eat challange at the event and I plan on taking home the 1st place trophy..hahaha

You went to Vegas right? That's the loot I'm referring to.:Big Grin: Cindy

VineAssist
01-12-2009, 08:42 AM
Yes I went to Vegas. But, alas the house won...They took a little bit of my loot.. Stupid black jack dealers taking 6 cards to get to 21 to beat my 6 card 20. Haha.. Ohh well
Good luck this weekend Cindy and everyone else.

MAVERICK27
01-12-2009, 12:37 PM
Thanks Jimmy for all you guys do. The past is the past...let's make this the best tourney ever at the Vine!!! I'm hoping the fish are everywhere so I can troll and catch some biggens!!!

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 01:50 PM
ten aint bad!