PDA

View Full Version : Enterprise 6/8

WalePescado
06-09-2007, 08:31 AM
On Thursday I decided I needed a mental health day, so what to do with the next day off work? Fish of course. With the barracuda bite on locally it was pretty easy to decide to fish them over crappie down at Lake Wohlford.

First off I'd like to say it was my first time on the Enterprise and I was pretty impressed. The crew did not have the bad attitude that most deckies I encounter out of OC/LA landings seem to have. They were friendly and hard working. No complaints, save for two lost slimesticks to bad gaff jobs but it didn't bother me lol.

We fished the flats area for most of the day for a decent 'cuda bite on the iron and dropper loop of all things. After that we spend a bit of time loading up on sculpin.

I ended up with 4 'cuda (1 on blue and white, 2 on blue and chrome and 1 on the dropper loop). I farmed at least 6 on the live bait and had the aforementioned 2 lost at the gaff. Sculpin fishing is boring to me, but I got my limit and helped a few others fill theirs. Sure puts a burn in my lazy forearms.

The best part of the day was the pissing match I had with a sea dog that wanted my last 'cuda. See the pic below for the outcome - notice it is more than the normal jig/head you get back when throwing hooks with a pinniped.

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Barracuda1.JPG

My first slimers of '07

http://fishingnetwork.net/images/tmp2/Barries.JPG

ghetto dad
06-09-2007, 09:54 AM
great report, and good job man!! thanks!!

Wingnut
06-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Nice job, and glad you won the tug-of-war against the sea dog. :wink:

JapanRon
06-09-2007, 03:11 PM
Hi WalePescado,

Good job on the fishys. Nasty Dog!!

Appreciate the report.

JapanRon

Greg Madrigal
06-09-2007, 07:07 PM
Thanks 4 the report bro. WTG beating out that DOG!

GM

Funjunkie74
06-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Cool report!
Glad you reeled fast enough to avoid pulling up just a head!!

dirthead
06-10-2007, 07:48 AM
andy is a great capt. one of my favorite boats.

phish
06-10-2007, 08:09 AM
great use and result of a mental health day.

ish...