PDA

View Full Version : LNL 1-7-09... DIXON lake

abovi001
01-10-2009, 11:11 AM
fished Lagune Niguel lake all morning the other day like 7:45 - 12:00 nothinggg... fished right by the boat ramp where they told us to... guys right in front nailed a few 3-4 pounders on inflated crawlers. We then moved all the way down to the inlet and still nothing on anything (PB, worms, teasers, power worms nothing) I get frustrated pack up and head to the dam. Load on two weights and cast for the aerators in the middle. Within min pole bends over nice 18''. few min later put three poles in the same spot 2 inflated crawlers and one rainbow PB. ended up with 5 solide fish 16-19'' good fighters and fattt... really really pink meat.. little secret i dipped worms in garlic powder i dunno if it did anything for us but caught 5 so give it a try..

fish the first cove by dam on the road, 2 weights and cast as far as u can littel to right of aerator in front of you.. inlfated night crawlers and raindbow PB good lucckk

also does anyone know anything about dixon lake thinking about hitting it up tomorroww?? anyone gonna be out there??

violenthelm
01-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Dixon is a big step down after LNL bro. I used to live down by Dixon for a long time. All the stockers will pack in trout cove and so will the fisherman. Especially on a weekend. Irvine has been pretty good as of late. I was at LNL earlier in the week and it was slower than usual there. They get stocked this week and then it will be awesome.

calico killer kevin
01-10-2009, 11:44 AM
Nice job on the trout, but please don't use three rods.:Wink:

chivo
01-10-2009, 02:21 PM
if i was you i'd go back to LNL. the hit may be off one hour and be red hot the next. I wouldn't go to dixon lake. Like that one dude said you'd be taking a huge step down. Try LNL again, mix it up, try different setups crawlers or PB of Jig or power worm it. you'll get em'.

Fishthewhaler
01-10-2009, 04:37 PM
[QUOTE=abovi001;292871]put three poles in the same spot 2 inflated crawlers and one rainbow PB. ended up with 5 solide fish 16-19'' good fighters and fattt...
QUOTE]

Just imagine if u used six rods you might have caught 10 fish

abovi001
01-10-2009, 07:25 PM
ya i actually used 4 poles but i was with my brother and my girlfriend i was being like the guide since both and pretty novice... anyone know of any good trout lakes in SD area. any word on lake Cuyamaca??

violenthelm
01-12-2009, 05:53 AM
In my opnion, Cuyamaca is the only decent trout lake in SD. The fish are kind of small but the drive is awesome. Limits are common, sometimes in a few hours. You just need to be in the right spot. Chamber's park (left of the dock), Lone Pine, and my two favorite sleeper spots : Call Box and Pumphouse. You need scent there, the water is stained. White PB, salmon egg PB, and inflated crawlers with garlic oil should do the trick. And most importantly, hit up Mom's for the best apple pie on your way back down the hill.

bdubs
01-12-2009, 08:37 AM
ya i actually used 4 poles but i was with my brother and my girlfriend i was being like the guide since both and pretty novice... anyone know of any good trout lakes in SD area. any word on lake Cuyamaca??

Hey there, lake wohlford is a good alternative to Dixon also. it's in the northern end of escondido, stocks the same nebraska trout (decent size-great fight) and doesnt get the ridiculous crowds in a pond sized lake like dixon. it also resembles Cuyamaca more than a city lake beautiful scenery. i live right near there and started going this year more often after getting burnt out on the crowds last year. lake poway can be a second choice-it is small and tends to fill up on weekends-but-during the week its not so bad and the fishing is pretty solid. they've been pulling alot of fish in the 4-10lb. range out of the this month since it's cooled down. i think it's open wed.-sun.
good luck and let us know how ya do!
Bdubs