PDA

View Full Version : Zuma on Fire

greg
01-09-2009, 11:04 PM
Went surf fishing for the first time in years. Hit a beach north of Zuma earlier this morning to catch the big out going tide with Roy and Steve. Caught 8 surf perch on Berkley curly tailed grub 2 inch pumkinseed or the sandworm in camo. They were all on the smaller side. All the fish seemed to hit near shore. Roy managed to nail a 10 incher.

Anyone have problems with the fireline? I had to cut my line several times due to tangles in the line which knotted my sinker/bead/swivel.

Will try this again, may be Newport or Laguna (closer to Irvine). Lots of fun =)

BIGRED KILLA
01-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Thanks for the report,What pound test are you using for the perch.

Bigred

sesgia
01-10-2009, 02:54 AM
thanks for the info I'm might head out there this Sunday

GillyGreen
01-10-2009, 12:50 PM
using a flourocaron as leader material may help...... its a little stiffer so it doesnt wrap around as bad, but its still gonna happen.... good luck and tight lines

greg
01-11-2009, 12:03 AM
My set up was 15# spiderwire then 1/2 oz egg sinker then glass bead then swivel then 18 inch of 8# fluorocarbon leader then size 6 Owner mosquito hook fished off a 7 foot spinning set up. Might have gotten bit better with the 6# fluorocarbon but you never know when you might get bit by a leopard shark or a bat ray.

No tangles with my leader, only the spiderwire...