PDA

View Full Version : DFG. No more trout plants!!!

Joshua
01-09-2009, 07:49 PM
Most of us have already heard that DFG has been ordered to NOT stock trout in several waters in CA.
I have attached a link for a petition. As anglers we all need to be active in this issue. If you dont want to participate, then dont.
http://www.kernvalley.com/news/pdf/kernriverpetition.pdf

What should you do?
Click on the link, print out the petition and get as many signatures as possible. It doesnt matter who signs, as long they are registered to vote in CA. I dont care if they are registered to vote, just have to be 18.

I am taking these to the local tackle shops

Hate2Fish
01-10-2009, 06:05 PM
Since you are a RAIDER FAN, I will join this petiton

Go Gray n Black

Troutman65
01-10-2009, 08:43 PM
I guess all the Trout fishing Purists are going to be going to the local PAY Lakes because of there will be NO TROUT for them to catch up there.:Crying:

one_leg
01-10-2009, 09:22 PM
There's always the ever present Tilapia at Lake Balboa, right?

Sierra_Smitty
01-10-2009, 09:24 PM
Just and FYI for everyone reading this - the no stocking issue NOT be a problem for the Eastern Sierra (Bishop to Bridgeport) so once the local pay season is over, the trout guys should still head north via 395!

Also, this situation is effecting the Kern River because there are two species of endangered trout that call the headwaters of the Kern home. It's ridiculous that all planting has ceased because planting the lower reaches of the river would likely have zero effect on the areas where these trout are threatened...gotta love the politics in this f'n distaster area we call California. ARGH!!! Hopefully the DFG gets off their arses and finishes their EIR's ASAP.

Troutman65
01-11-2009, 08:49 PM
Jarred, I plan on coming back up to your place this trout Season. Nice to hear that there will be PLENTY of trout to catch at your lake. See you in a few months.:Wink::Cool:

tpfishnfool
01-12-2009, 08:17 AM
Since you are a RAIDER FAN, I will join this petiton

Go Gray n Black

Ha Ha !!! Thats pretty funny man ! Ha Ha Ha !!!

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:47 AM
there's always the ever present tilapia at lake balboa, right?

lmaooooooooooooooooooooo !!!!:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 09:56 AM
Who cares! As long as our lakes still get stocked thats all that matters!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news08/08131.html

Kern River 0-4 is the only place in that area that isnt getting stocked,Big deal.There are many other places to fish.

Did you guys know that in the Sanfernando valley they stocked trout at Reseda park?!:EyePop::Shocked:

jase33
01-12-2009, 10:43 AM
thats a good way to look at it.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-12-2009, 10:55 AM
I guess all the Trout fishing Purists are going to be going to the local PAY Lakes because of there will be NO TROUT for them to catch up there.:Crying:

This stupid plight will pass as before but till then THERES ALWAYS NATURAL FISH !

We should all indeed participate though to get them political idiots straight.....!

I NEED MY STRIPER AND LARGEMOUTH FOOD !!!!! ha ha ha

No seriously , we all do need to do our part....pay lakes is not the answer....not hating on them but this needs to get straight !

mullet
01-12-2009, 11:45 AM
Good luck on this one.
I posted the petition link & situation
back on 12/9/08.
It got one reply & it was negative.
Go figure.
Mike

Joshua
01-12-2009, 09:01 PM
Who cares! As long as our lakes still get stocked thats all that matters!

http://www.dfg.ca.gov/news/news08/08131.html

Kern River 0-4 is the only place in that area that isnt getting stocked,Big deal.There are many other places to fish.

Did you guys know that in the Sanfernando valley they stocked trout at Reseda park?!:EyePop::Shocked:
I hope you are kidding or you need to step away from the bong, you are sucking up stale smoke and it has impaired your ability to form any logical thoughts!!:Rolls Eyes:.

Some of us try to fish in places other than the local lakes. Trout fishing in a river in much better than soaking your bait at a local lake sucking up smog.
Right now all of the Kern is on the DO NOT STOCK list, They are working to get the lower Kern OFF the list. The Upper Kern is so much better than the lower. If you had any knowledge of the issue, you would also know that the upper Kern is in Tulare County and the lower Kern is in Kern County.

Wait until they find some endangered snail in the local lakes. Then you would care??? I thought anglers supported on another. I guess not

I will continue to do my part (and the work for those that cant see beyond their front door) NUF said

Hitts0n
01-12-2009, 11:29 PM
I hope you are kidding or you need to step away from the bong, you are sucking up stale smoke and it has impaired your ability to form any logical thoughts!!:Rolls Eyes:.

Some of us try to fish in places other than the local lakes. Trout fishing in a river in much better than soaking your bait at a local lake sucking up smog.
Right now all of the Kern is on the DO NOT STOCK list, They are working to get the lower Kern OFF the list. The Upper Kern is so much better than the lower. If you had any knowledge of the issue, you would also know that the upper Kern is in Tulare County and the lower Kern is in Kern County.

Wait until they find some endangered snail in the local lakes. Then you would care??? I thought anglers supported on another. I guess not

I will continue to do my part (and the work for those that cant see beyond their front door) NUF said

Trust me man,dont waste your time.Good luck anyways.I wouldnt care if they stopped all fishing and drained all lakes.I'd just go play guitars with Gary !!:ROFL::ROFL:

mullet
01-13-2009, 07:54 AM
Trust me man,dont waste your time.Good luck anyways.I wouldnt care if they stopped all fishing and drained all lakes.I'd just go play guitars with Gary !!:ROFL::ROFL:

You need to wake up bud.
Just cause its in somebody elses backyard,
if they pull this off they maybe looking in
your backyard next ,till they take all our rights away.
Mike