PDA

View Full Version : Castaic lake jan 8 west ramp and lagoon

swimbait101
01-09-2009, 03:41 PM
i got up to castaic on thurday, I started at the lagoon for 3 hours with swimbaits with no fish. then i moved to the west ramp, lots of trout. my first two casts i got strike but no hook ups. then i moved to the rocks right of the dock and saw at least 40 trout swimming in a group circling the dock area when i casted my PB, the fish would rejected. i went to my car and i frgot my 2 lb leader. luckily, my dad brought a UL rod with 4 lb test and i started catching trout on the PB. these two guys next to me caught them on every cast with little jigs. i ended my trip with 3 trout and my dad with one.

saw a bass
the school of fish was HUGE

thats all

trail blazer
01-09-2009, 03:50 PM
congrats on catching the striper candy,,,,,

one_leg
01-09-2009, 03:57 PM
I hope you made sure to see what kind/style/color of jigs they were using so that you can go get the same ones?

Congrats on your catches and thanks for the report.

gletemfeelsteelgary
01-09-2009, 04:52 PM
any signs of striper activity ?

congrats on the trouts...

stitch the PB next time or even "swim" it, i've had 'em take it that way when they would not otherwise...

BUT...get da stripey....chuck dat "BIG BAIT"

Good luck

DKCbassman
01-09-2009, 05:16 PM
Hey Swimbait, was that you with the Powerbait fishing next to me? Did you ever get that Largie to eat your Huddie? We had a Striper casualty in the A.M. and then it got quiet so I had to get the flyrod and jig out. We did some major damage within an hour on that school of Trout.

swimbait101
01-09-2009, 06:31 PM
i tried to chuck the hudd but no takers

DKCbassman, that was me if i was the guy with the glasses and got tangled in you line.
you and your friend were slaying those trout like crazy, i never saw that bass again

DKCbassman
01-10-2009, 12:58 PM
That was me Swimbait101! Good job moving around the lake. It's funny watching all the guys in the corner at MainRamp trying to catch 2 1/2 week old Trout that have been beaten up.

swimbait101
01-10-2009, 04:32 PM
all of the trout i got were missing body parts
what fly pattern were you using?
i remember seeing that BIG trout look at my PB
when i got in the car with my dad to leave, i remembered i have crappie jig and road runners like the ones you and your friend were using

RSXchris
01-12-2009, 01:02 PM
nice going, atleast u got some trout, i was just there on thursday and got boned! no fish at all! we looked for it all in the main lake and all we got was a bunch of nothing.

swimbait101
01-12-2009, 07:13 PM
at the west ramp?