PDA

View Full Version : Lakes that don't require fishing license

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
01-09-2009, 11:58 AM
Hello all,
Right now I'm a cheap bastard. Looking for paylakes that aren't too expenisive to fish. I can't afford to drop down ~50 bucks all at once. I know some lakes don't require the fishing license i.e. Corona, Santa Ana river lakes, Hesperia, Santee.

Any others? looking for some help. Anywhere in SOCal

A-I-T

CraigH
01-09-2009, 12:31 PM
I don't think fishermans retreat in Redlands/Beaumont requires a license.

DKCbassman
01-09-2009, 01:07 PM
Majority of the lakes which don't require a fishing lic. usually charge some ridiculous amount to get in. 1-2 trips at a pay lake would be like buying your license.

HEMAN
01-09-2009, 01:38 PM
Majority of the lakes which don't require a fishing lic. usually charge some ridiculous amount to get in. 1-2 trips at a pay lake would be like buying your license.

i agree with that... $22 per person to fish a lake? and it's only a 5 fish limit? mmm. not my cup of tea.. but to each his own...

does corona, Sarl, Irvine offer annual passes? i mean at $22 a person its like going to an amusement park... i'd be interested in an annual pass for one of those lakes though..

snag
01-09-2009, 01:52 PM
$120 LA county regional park pass for the year. That's a deal!

It covers Castaic Lake, The Lagoon, The Pudd, Legg Lake, Hansen Dam(I think), Santa Fe Dam, Peck Pit (only been there once, no charge), Probably Pyramid too (I think that's still LA CO.)

Oh! No fishing license lakes...Irvine, SARL, Corona, Laguna Niguel Lake, are to name a few in the local area.

ANGLER-IN-TRAINING
01-09-2009, 02:59 PM
Thanks for the replies, I was looking for something 15 bucks or under, however, if I went there 4 times this year, it would pay for a license. I know Hesperia is 15 bucks and Irvine might still be 15 bucks on thursday evenings in the summer. Santee is only 8 bucks. I'll check Laguna niguel, I forgot about that one.

I guess if I wanted to save money it would be to go to these paylakes only OR get a license and go to all the others. Maybe, I'll try the paylakes this year and the once or twice I do go to the others I'll pay for the one day permit ($13.40).

I'll let everyone how it goes.

SierraGuy
01-09-2009, 04:08 PM
Just buy the license

Troutman65
01-09-2009, 05:27 PM
Just buy the license

Ditto.

And try out Irvine Lake also. This way the best of both worlds.:Wink: